( search forums )
ctf_laosrmx
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Quality Maps
Soulsnipa
January 6, 2006, 12:10 am
Updated again-Got rid of bottom texture as rock, now its dirt.

Updated-Lightened the map up, its lighter than the overview shown.

ctf__Laosrmx
by SoulSnipa
Description: My remake of the laos make, featuring better graphics but keeping similar gameplay. I only tweaked the layout a little bit gameplay wise, no extra scenery in the front to hide behind or anything. All scenery I added was mainly in the back for graphic looks. I smoothed out some edges but kept some parts a little more rugged. I like how it came out, let me know how you like it. Waypoints should still work, I kept them the same.Keep in mind I think this will be my last map from start to finish. I still have some old maps to release however that will come soon... For additional information click here.

Overview:
[IMAGE]
http://sml.u13.net/maps/overview/ctf_loasrmx_01.jpg

Screenshots:
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

Download: Click Here

Make sure to rate my map: Click Here.

Any further comments? Click Here.

Map post automated by SML
--Please visit SML for more maps/resources/tutorials: http://sml.u13.net

Deleted User
January 6, 2006, 12:12 am
Did you keep the waypoints?

grand_diablo
January 6, 2006, 12:21 am
Nice attempt.

But I prefer the old Laos version. I feel that the rmx is too dark imo, some colors dont really fit (eg the "acid green" of the grass) and partially too easy to move (the floating platforms seem as if theyve been moved down). Generally it feels "smaller", eventho I dunno if it really is. Doesnt really catch the Laos flair somehow. You recognize it is Laos, but it doesnt feel like it.

Still, its a good map, but it would not be an adequate replacement (imo)

Keron Cyst
January 6, 2006, 1:36 am
I'm with grand_diablo here. I especially don't like the flag huts. Nice shading, tho', especially in the second screen after the overview.

Cookie.
January 6, 2006, 2:06 am
quote:Originally posted by grand_diabloNice attempt.

But I prefer the old Laos version. I feel that the rmx is too dark imo, some colors dont really fit (eg the "acid green" of the grass) and partially too easy to move (the floating platforms seem as if theyve been moved down). Generally it feels "smaller", eventho I dunno if it really is. Doesnt really catch the Laos flair somehow. You recognize it is Laos, but it doesnt feel like it.

Agreed
I'm not a big fan of the rocky texture on the bottom of the map, I think a darker dirt texture might have been nicer, but I like the rock layer above the tunnel though :/
As well I don't like the scenery thats ontop of the flag spawns, it would look alot better if those were removed.

Soulsnipa
January 6, 2006, 2:33 am
quote:Originally posted by Cookie.quote:Originally posted by grand_diabloNice attempt.

Agreed
I'm not a big fan of the rocky texture on the bottom of the map, I think a darker dirt texture might have been nicer, but I like the rock layer above the tunnel though :/
As well I don't like the scenery thats ontop of the flag spawns, it would look alot better if those were removed.

what texture do you like/not like then?

DeMonIc
January 6, 2006, 9:39 am
I like the map, now that I've viewed it in PW :) I believe it's a suitable replacement, because it's just a great graphical tune-up. At first I wanted to mention the same things as Cookie and dibo, but I see you already changed those. However maybe you could manipulate the tunnel's dirt texture, because it seems somewhat odd if you compare it with the rest of the map.

BTW: The .zip is packed in a very, very bad way. You might want to re-arrange the folders.

GAMEOVER
January 6, 2006, 10:08 am
I love the darker colors leave the bright colors for the girls, looks great aside from the little transparent hills or whatever they are at each base where the flag would be and itd be perfect. 9/10

Soulsnipa
January 6, 2006, 10:57 am
im not very good at winzip idono how to set the correct path sorry =/

i also worked with boxo to fix some bugs and lightened the map.