( search forums )
new kick player feature idea
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
person
January 6, 2006, 3:20 pm
Well, I'd say this happens to everybody sometimes: you're trying to join a server you like or has people you like playing with in - but alas, it's full.

Maybe there should be an option to make things less painful. There are usually at least one or two laggers in a server (at least 350-450 ping), in publics anyway.

My idea is that there is a server-side option which allows a player with a ping in a user-definable range, for example: anyone with a ping above 300, to be kicked from the server when you try to join (should your ping be lower), thus allowing yourself to enter.
Note: this would ONLY come into effect should the server you are attempting to join is FULL.

Simple as that. Good or not so good? Nobody is going to enjoy themselves with a ping greater than 300 anyway. And as said, it can be any range... like starting with players with a ping of 400, or even 1000, if you think it'd help.

a-4-year-old
January 6, 2006, 11:57 pm
wms would a-splode.

it would get kinda annoying if i was playing leos real arena (always full anyway) and after about 10 seconds of ruger pwning get kicked beccause a major is trying to get in, (majors cant get in) also, alot of people would be real jerks, *someone is kicked and someone new enters* oh realistic sucks *leaves* or just joining alot of full servers just to kick ppl off the server and leave

id give the idea a 3 out of 5
5 being OMFG PUT IT IN PUT IT IN
4 being great do it!
3 being take your time MM...
2 being nah,
1 being worse than VEIKILLZ!!!!
0 being go kill urself

MisterX
January 7, 2006, 12:47 am
There is the ping-kick already. So if the server-owner thinks that you can play with a ping that's not higher than the defined maximum, why should it be less playable when another player wants to join?

person
January 7, 2006, 4:28 am
Well, I'd rather play with a low-ping Major than a high ping "pro" most of the time.

And ping kick, I've noticed, sometimes doesn't work at all, if not let the player with a high ping stay for an extended period of time.

This is just a feature that would help maintain the server being favoured for local users. Since when does anybody like playing with huge ping, that is virtually unplayable with anyway? And if you are UNDER the limit specified by the server, you would be perfectly safe from any booting which may take place.

Deleted User
January 7, 2006, 5:09 am
I like the idea... the ping kick happens after 100 warnings anyway. why should laggers ruin the game instead of a low ping player taking his place? I say implement (server option ofcorse)

Yukwunhang
January 7, 2006, 6:29 am
No, and never. Any players from any places should be treated as same.
quote:Nobody is going to enjoy themselves with a ping greater than 300 anyway
Yes I do, when I
quote:join a server you like or has people you like playing with in

person
January 7, 2006, 8:52 am
As said, it would be a server-side option. If you want to play your friends half way around the world you could set up your own server. I mean, still, I live in Australia and I have a ping of ~200 on US servers.

And if you want to play your friends when you have a ping of 300 in a public server in their country, and you're taking up a spot when it's full... that is unfair to another player imo. I'm sure that someone who is not going to be abused by the majority would be more welcome than you in that public server.