( search forums )
Modes: Wich are more played?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
January 7, 2006, 1:07 am
DeathMatch:
One of the more played modes ever. Always lots of servers and players.

TeamMatch:
Not many servers, t.m is still running kk, but not has in the past.

PointMatch:
Dead.Its hard to find a server with players(its even harder to find A server)

Hold the Flag:
Came in 1.3. Was played in the beginning, now, almost no one plays it.

Infiltration:Has some players.Infiltration still is played by lots of players(not so many)

Capture the Flag:
The most played mode. You will find lots and lots of servers and players.

Rambomatch:
It was very played on the past version. When 1.3 came out, rambomatch fall. There are almost no servers.

DM-very played
TM-not many players
PM-zero
HTF-zero+
INF-normal
CTF-VERY played
RM-zero++

Deleted User
January 7, 2006, 1:39 am
I think everyone knows this already... o_o.

MWTBDLTR
January 7, 2006, 1:44 am
thats......... super. You do know we can see right? But whatever i guess this can help in someway....

Deleted User
January 7, 2006, 2:19 am
i dont get why ctf is played so much, inf is my favourite gamemode, cus im a lazy camper on blue team.......

GAMEOVER
January 7, 2006, 9:27 am
I love DM just as much as CTF then TM and inf, nothing like a good inf game once in awhile if you got more then just 1 hit noobs playin. HTF I really do like to wish someone would host a server for it I do like that mode.

bl00dy_n0se
January 7, 2006, 12:11 pm
Rambomatch for the win ;_;

Chonoryoku
January 7, 2006, 2:52 pm
Team match ftw.

Deleted User
January 7, 2006, 3:41 pm
CTF just draws people in and you can have more players. Most servers run CTF's because theirs always people wanting to play. I prefer the good HTF match and I like TM a lot, to mix it up I throw in RM cause thats wicked fun. CTF got boring in 1.3 for me for some reason.

DM and INF suck. imo.

Flying_Dutchman
January 7, 2006, 5:22 pm
I think it's a bit weird (and sad) that hardly anyone plays HTF since i hear lotsa positive replies about.

rabidhamster
January 7, 2006, 8:11 pm
maybe this thread can be moved to the improvement discussion subforum, so it isn't pointless?

my suggestions:

teammatch
maybe the community could make some maps designed for teammatch? only one teammatch level has a stationary gun, so adding them may make more servers appear. another nice thing would to add a server-side option to limit the number of teams playing.

pointmatch
i don't know why people don't play it. it's just like deathmatch, but with an addded twist. maybe just convince server admins to add more pointmatch servers?

hold the flag
add another twist, ex. four teams can play, the flag slowly kills the player holding it (the throw flag function would come in handy), or:

the flag has a timer floating above it. when the timer reaches zero, the flag explodes. it doesn't dissapear, it just makes an explosion on top of itself. not a normal explosion either, but a BIG explosion, maybe 150% the size of a normal one. after the flag explodes, the timer starts over.

rambomatch
this would be hard to make better. how about, the less players there are, the slower the rambo user self-heals. with lots of players, say 16, the rambo user would heal considerably faster than if (s)he was having a lan party with two other people.

Deleted User
January 7, 2006, 10:30 pm
i say they add an ability to limit how many teams you want fo teammatch

Echo_Trail
January 7, 2006, 10:40 pm
CTF is by far the most played! Which is actually odd, 'cause it's really the most boring one. well, except for rambo mode perhaps. Alot more TDm should be played i think. We don't see enough of them.

Antifate
January 8, 2006, 1:54 am
Wanna know why people play CTF, because of capturing. The points. It makes people happier to win with 150 points than to win with 15. Also, a person playing ctf can theoretically play using only 1 hand

a-4-year-old
January 8, 2006, 2:22 am
most retarded thread ever. can we have a symbol instead of the folder for this one? its so retarded that it should get a reward

Deleted User
January 8, 2006, 2:28 am
how could you play with just one hand?

I'd like to see it happen.

Flying_Dutchman
January 8, 2006, 4:01 pm
No, I play Ctf since it has something tactical when played right. DM is just shooting at everything that moves and thats it. Ctf is quite the same but with something extra. It can also result in exciting moments when the teams got each others flag. I don't play Ctf for the points, i play it for the teamwork. That's why i hardly play in any ordinary public Ctf server, there isn't any teamwork.

Echo_Trail
January 8, 2006, 8:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by AntifateWanna know why people play CTF, because of capturing.

well, Duh!

I guess the majority sees ctf as more of an "even" match. most ctf maps are pretty much the same on both sides, so each team should have same advantages and weaknesses. Then again, ppl like maps like complex_9(or whatever it's called) more than.. say, kampf, bacause it has some variation in it. It's more like a inf map, and that's nice.

a-4-year-old
January 8, 2006, 11:39 pm
ZOMG YOU HELPED ME SEE TEH LIGHT!!! ZOMG I NEVER KNEW CTF WAS SO POPULAR CUZ I ALWAYS PLAY POINTMATCH!!!!!!!!!!!! I R STILL TYOPING IN CAPS LOCK B-CUZ I R TEH 133t PAWNZOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I r soooooo cool.

Deleted User
January 9, 2006, 11:14 am
omg u still play pointmatch?

dadarkman
January 9, 2006, 4:25 pm
Pointmatch is fun... for 5 minutes ..

Raptor
January 10, 2006, 1:22 am
CTF is the 70% more played :D

Deleted User
January 10, 2006, 1:36 am
Yeah CTF, although, having over-played CTF I am enjoying DM more now.

bond_james_bond
January 10, 2006, 2:31 am
quote:Originally posted by wurstEnemy0013how could you play with just one hand?

I'd like to see it happen.

Move your guy forward to enemy base. Get flag, move your guy back to base. Score.