( search forums )
Hostel
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
karmazonpl
January 7, 2006, 10:40 am
Wow pretty [CENSORED]ed up movie, not the sickest i've seen, but pretty twisted, although its really short, not really what I expected, when it ended I was like "is that it?". There's many cool scenes where it shows everyone being connected to each other and scenes where the whole theather literally clapped.

There's really only one scene that made me cringe, and it involved an eye.

peemonkey
January 7, 2006, 10:51 am
priviews piss me off. not going to see it becuase it's advertised very frequently.

Famine
January 7, 2006, 5:17 pm
quote:There's really only one scene that made me cringe, and it involved an eye.

Pfft, no one can touch the eye, EXCEPT Fulci!

I don't really want to see it. It was hyped up to be some "gore horror" or disturbing film. If I wanted to see one of those, I can think up of a thousand others that are much worse.

Ebby
January 7, 2006, 5:19 pm
I don't have the stomach to watch that kind of crap. Glad you thought it was alright though >.<

Alamo
January 7, 2006, 5:22 pm
want to see it...
hope it comes to germany

peemonkey
January 7, 2006, 5:32 pm
well it comes to the internet.

lithium
January 7, 2006, 6:11 pm
I hate that crap. I just don't get my kicks watching people get slaughtered, I'd rather go to a movie with an interesting plot or cool explosions.

Deleted User
January 7, 2006, 6:12 pm
Lol, ive already seen some other movie like that. So gross, it was called.. Dr.[CENSORED] or something... gross as helll movie.

Famine
January 7, 2006, 6:14 pm
quote: I hate that crap. I just don't get my kicks watching people get slaughtered, I'd rather go to a movie with an interesting plot or cool explosions.

You'd rather see them blown to bits?

Kazuki
January 7, 2006, 7:17 pm
Hahah, I fully agree with Lithium. I even had a hard time watching Saw and Saw II. As interesting as they were, the scenes involving body parts just make me wanna look away and not listen. I'd have to be pretty much dragged into one of those movies. Wouldn't want to eat for a while afterwards, either.

that fuking sniper
January 7, 2006, 7:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by karmazonpl
There's really only one scene that made me cringe, and it involved an eye.

Nothing Ichi the Killer wouldn't top, I'd bet.

karmazonpl
January 7, 2006, 7:48 pm
Actually ichi the killer was filmed so unrealistically, I mean it had a lot of sick [CENSORED], but just the way they filmed it and how everything looked, pretty much everything would've top it

Ebby
January 7, 2006, 7:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by KazukiHahah, I fully agree with Lithium. I even had a hard time watching Saw and Saw II. As interesting as they were, the scenes involving body parts just make me wanna look away and not listen. I'd have to be pretty much dragged into one of those movies. Wouldn't want to eat for a while afterwards, either.

Agh, same. I didn't even watch Saw/Saw II, I wouldn't be able to take it. Probably the last movie I saw with a lot of gore was Kill Bill - and that still had me squirming.

b00stA
January 7, 2006, 10:21 pm
The only GOOD thing about Saw was the gore (shock factor if you want to call it that..), the plot was just mediocre imho.

Deleted User
January 7, 2006, 10:24 pm
Gah, just went to see this last night, so disappointing. I wanted to see a movie so twisted that I'd have nightmares for weeks. They barely even showed any of the gore.[spoiler](Not really a spoiler) For example, I wanted to see that "salad-fingers" guy actually dissect Josh.[/spoiler]

The movie had a lot of intended humor in it, making the mood too light. It was funny as hell throughout most of the movie. It wasn't just me either, the theater was packed and all laughing with me. [spoiler](Not really a spoiler)I literally screamed out "AH YEAH!" when that dirty hooker got what she deserved.[/spoiler]

Overall the movie was good and fun to watch, but if you want something scary, this is just like a "classic" horror film that'll most likely just make you laugh.

[spoiler](Not really a spoiler)Karmazonpl, did you think that salad guy was gonna be a cannibal like I did? All the signs pointed to it in my opinion.[/spoiler]

Deleted User
January 7, 2006, 10:27 pm
I FINALLY SAW SERENITY

Deleted User
January 7, 2006, 10:41 pm
DAS GOOD MOVIE

karmazonpl
January 7, 2006, 10:53 pm
[spoiler]what salad finger guy ? and when the hooker got run over the whole theather clapped and [CENSORED][/spoiler]

Deleted User
January 7, 2006, 11:21 pm
[spoiler]why are we talking like this[/spoiler]?

karmazonpl
January 7, 2006, 11:34 pm
how about you shataap

Famine
January 7, 2006, 11:43 pm
quote:Reply with Quote
Gah, just went to see this last night, so disappointing. I wanted to see a movie so twisted that I'd have nightmares for weeks. They barely even showed any of the gore.(Not really a spoiler) For example, I wanted to see that "salad-fingers" guy actually dissect Josh.

You want nightmares or vomit?

Kazuki
January 8, 2006, 12:49 am
I liked Saw and Saw II very much. Despite the nasty parts in it, I thought it was a very good movie. I'm one of those people that appreciates the creative and clever ways a person can do things. The movie was really no exception. It was extremely well thought-out and both endings had me thinking "There is no way in Hell I would've seen that coming." I can also guarantee you that no matter how much you tell yourself to keep thinking of unexpected endings for Saw II (which is ironic, because then you would be expecting them), you will not be correct.

I remember seeing Serenity. That was an alright movie. It was pretty humorous, which never hurts. I thought the plot was somewhat lacking, but that's pretty much the only bad part about it.

vash763
January 8, 2006, 12:51 am
[spoiler]omgz[/spoiler]

Kazuki
January 8, 2006, 12:57 am
For a moment there, I thought to myself: "F*cking idiots. It's a good thing I'm moderator of this forum so I can remove the unnece- Waitaminute ..."

Deleted User
January 8, 2006, 1:19 am
hah the power of the bashpit exeeds your puny mod rights.

Deleted User
January 8, 2006, 1:25 am
[spoiler]I never knew about this tag.[/spoiler]

vash763
January 8, 2006, 3:15 am
[spoiler]it be pretty awesome arrrrrg.

and kaz just kicked his own ass[/spoiler]

karmazonpl
January 8, 2006, 4:39 am
wow when did this thread turned into saw and serenity discussion, damn kazuki is spamming again

Kazuki
January 8, 2006, 5:24 am
Oh my, is it just me or is the common logic rate dropping severely around here?

vash763
January 8, 2006, 5:30 am
[spoiler]it's just you[/spoiler]
lolololol

karmazonpl
January 8, 2006, 5:46 am
stop spamming in my thread kazuki, gosh, go to serenity or saw thread, we dont like your kind around here

vash763
January 8, 2006, 5:48 am
[spoiler]OMG SHUTTUP KAZUKEH[/spoiler]

Deleted User
January 8, 2006, 10:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by karmazonplwhat salad finger guy ?

The guy who ate salad with his fingers.

karmazonpl
January 8, 2006, 11:07 pm
huh ? you sure we saw the same movie, when did it happen, give me the name of the imdb.com, cause i havent seen anything like that

Deleted User
January 9, 2006, 2:50 am
When they were on the train heading for...barcelona I think it was, there was an older man with glasses who ate sat with them and ate salad with his fingers. He said something along the lines of "I like to use my hands. People have gotten so out of touch with their food." Later on in the movie he had a creepy little rant about how he wanted to be a surgeon, but couldn't for some reason I can't remember. Than Pax walked in on the salad guy dissecting his friend Josh.

Here's a picture of him:
[IMAGE]

IMBD

karmazonpl
January 9, 2006, 3:10 am
oooooh i thought he ate salad with fingers, like literally, the salad had fingers in it, sorry for misunderstanding you. Hmm, cannibal, nah never thought of that, but there was few sings that made me think he's [CENSORED].

Deleted User
January 9, 2006, 3:13 am
Well I can see how you'd think that. A guy eating salad that had fingers in it wouldn't have been that out of place in the movie.

Zero72
January 9, 2006, 11:23 am
Glad I'm not the only enemy of gory slasher flicks. I mean, why?

I'm more tolerant of the stuff than I used to be, but I avoid it whenever possible, and of course there's a limit. Hostel sounds to be way over that limit, especially being a Quentin Tarantino thing. The man is not well.

Famine
January 9, 2006, 8:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zero72Glad I'm not the only enemy of gory slasher flicks. I mean, why?

I'm more tolerant of the stuff than I used to be, but I avoid it whenever possible, and of course there's a limit. Hostel sounds to be way over that limit, especially being a Quentin Tarantino thing. The man is not well.

Tarantino is somewhat tame, plus he sucks. There is a difference between a slasher and a gore movie though.

?
January 9, 2006, 11:12 pm
I am kind of a movie nerd so plots and endings mean alot to me, I do like to see moves like hostel, not really for the brutal deaths but for the creativity involved in the deaths or tortures, thats why I liked saw, plus I love to research medieval torture, I wrote a report on it my junior year of high school, Ill post it if you guys want. honestly I could never hurt another human being like what I have researched, not even if they had killed my mother.

karmazonpl
January 9, 2006, 11:17 pm
tarantino had almost nothing to do with this movie, he only put his name in it.