( search forums )
New: Ctf_Caldera-Now with Waypoint goodness!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Razumen
March 3, 2003, 11:12 pm
Yep I'm pretty much done my second map, I just wanted to upload it for you guys and get some feedback. Here's some info about it.

Set in the mouth of a dormant volcanoe, Caldera is in some respects similar to Maim, there are two outposts again, but they play a bigger role in the game. The top outpost is a great place to stop attacking forces as the high route is the fastest way to the other flag, however the bottom fort is also a good place to have possession of because if a enemy gets your flag he'll most likely take the route down through the crater to evade pursuing forces.

Each outpost again has health crates that will slowly heal players if they stand by them.

Also I plan on getting bot waypoints into it as well, just want to finalize the groundwork as much as possible first.

Here's a pic:
www.raven-games.com/hosted/ravenhurst/Images/Caldera.jpg

and you can get it here:
ftp://ravenhurst@server1.thefourwinds.net/soldat/ctf_caldera.zip

illicyx
March 3, 2003, 11:19 pm
Looks great!

Sniperz
March 4, 2003, 12:40 am
HEY MAN, THIS IS PRETTY GOOD, I HOPE EVERY ONE DL'S THIS FOR MULTI-PLAYER, I WOULD ENJOY PLAYING IT WITH ANY SERIOUS PLAYERS, GIMME AN E-MAIL MAN!!!

Evolution
March 4, 2003, 1:15 am
great map - when you put waypoints please tell me!!!

N1nj@
March 4, 2003, 1:20 am
dam man...nice map...good gameplay...waypoint would be very good

ps illicyx, taht explosion you didnt make right?

illicyx
March 4, 2003, 1:23 am
quote:ps illicyx, taht explosion you didnt make right?

I didn't make the explosion image, but I have tweaked it. What makes you ask?

Evolution
March 4, 2003, 1:26 am
probably cause the explosion looks so good
if you made it it would make ninj@ jealous?

Razumen
March 6, 2003, 11:46 pm
New waypointed version for all you bot lovers! [:D] Get it at:

ftp://ravenhurst@server1.thefourwinds.net/soldat/ctf_caldera11b.zip

Evolution
March 7, 2003, 3:28 am
o goodie!!!!!!!!!!
new version! and with waypoints too!
i just love waypoints...... :)

Sniperz
March 7, 2003, 6:59 pm
the way points...well......they speak for them selves, but not bad map

sauron_the_deceiver
March 8, 2003, 9:42 am
nice map! anmd waypoints! another dedicated mapmaker!

N1nj@
March 8, 2003, 4:24 pm
hmm..it doesnt work on mine...it pop up a error....saying "Cannot load map texture. File C:\Soldat\Texture\Winsnia2.bmp is probably missing."....can some1 fix that or help please

liquidis x snake
March 8, 2003, 4:44 pm
This map is some fine wine. I haven't had a chance to play this map (or any map for that matter) but the screenie looks like it is an awesome map. Can't wait to play it.

N1nj@
March 8, 2003, 5:04 pm
it doesnt work for me for some reasons...as i said b4 on my previous post

ada89
March 8, 2003, 5:47 pm
I have play this map, it was awesome..but the bot only use the bottom path...i can play it with the new scenery, the cross crates thing and it work. i just open the map in the map maker and close it then i open the map at soldat.

N1nj@
March 8, 2003, 7:39 pm
okay..i will try that...
*trying*
man...it still doesnt work...
but i figure out how to make it work...it says the texture winsnia2.bmp is missing...but i only got winsnia.bmp in my texture folder...so i opened map maker and load the map...and load texture with winsnia.bmp and save...and guess WAHT...it worked...thanks ada for trying to help.

enjoyincubus
March 8, 2003, 8:35 pm
Great map. A good map maker always makes waypoints (mostly for Evolution, lol), and that is why I am not a good mapmaker. But great job with this map. The bot paths need more ways to go, but other than that it is a fine map for ctf games.

Shadow

Razumen
March 8, 2003, 10:19 pm
The Bot's actually do have 3 different paths and can make it across on all three, however because the bots are dumb and they don't really follow them when fighting they'll fall off the top areas most of the time which is why the bottom area is used the most.

Ninja, there is a .bmp file included in the .zip, it's in the Textures folder and named Wisnia2.bmp. I recommend using this one instead because it fits the theme of the map better.