( search forums )
MPK Solid Squalls first 3 training maps
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
solid squall
January 7, 2006, 7:35 pm
way finaly im sending my maps out to ppl : D hope u like all of these traing maps first map ctf_up couldnt fit the entire map in and ther are hiddens holes

Screen: http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd6/125096/ctf_up.JPG
http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd6/125096/ctf_up.PMS
once agen holes
Screen: http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd6/125096/ctf_under.JPG
http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd6/125096/ctf_under.PMS
Screen: http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd6/125096/ctf_square.JPG
http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd6/125096/ctf_square.PMS
my paint messed up some of the pics ¬¬ stupid ingorant thing any wayz hope u enjoy the 3 start maps by solid squall : D

Deleted User
January 7, 2006, 7:46 pm
I havent played them, but from appearance they looks really ugly. They look like picasso drawings gone bad.

karmazonpl
January 7, 2006, 7:51 pm
its probably just the quality of screens

Kayanamasha
January 7, 2006, 8:09 pm
hmmm, ugly anyway ... sorry :p

I think you should continue to work on it, test routes, shade, add sceneries ...

rabidhamster
January 7, 2006, 8:21 pm
your average climbing maps. crappy looks, horribly frustrating gameplay (probably), no scenery.

maybe you should try making a different kind of map, maybe infiltration?

Deleted User
January 7, 2006, 8:23 pm
I think they look horrible.. dont know how good it is for climbing tho

solid squall
January 7, 2006, 8:29 pm
yea i no the apearance is rajed but im not good make : ( still gettin used to it but its not the aperance ther ther to train not to look pretty like flowers

vash763
January 8, 2006, 12:45 am
I played with you last night.

Uhm, they are ugly.

viggoloniggolo
January 8, 2006, 3:40 pm
may god be with you squall, because if you think they deserve to be posted, you will need him.

squall, you said that maps shouldnt be beautiful like flowers, but they shouldn't be as ugly as crap you know

nice server squall, a little pingy, but thanks for dedicating my maps (climbing) on the server.

solid squall
January 8, 2006, 4:00 pm
lol still im getting vito n flying to help me so dont [CENSORED]ing critasize me !

The Geologist
January 8, 2006, 7:23 pm
Don't worry about Vigg, his maps look like crap to. He just thinks that since he came here a few days ago he's Gods gift to mapping.

These are your first maps...hell, my first map looked bad. These maps are so big that they're not always good for practicing the basics. Look at some of the smaller ctf or dm maps, get some better routes (not just straight tunnels)...try shading to add depth to your polys. Except for some of the jumping areas, there's so little to these maps they're horribly boring. Spice it up, add some relief and roughness to the tunnels (look at the lower portion of ctf_Run). And as always, practice practice practice..these are the first maps, but there's room for improvement.

solid squall
January 10, 2006, 4:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by The GeologistDon't worry about Vigg, his maps look like crap to. He just thinks that since he came here a few days ago he's Gods gift to mapping.

These are your first maps...hell, my first map looked bad. These maps are so big that they're not always good for practicing the basics. Look at some of the smaller ctf or dm maps, get some better routes (not just straight tunnels)...try shading to add depth to your polys. Except for some of the jumping areas, there's so little to these maps they're horribly boring. Spice it up, add some relief and roughness to the tunnels (look at the lower portion of ctf_Run). And as always, practice practice practice..these are the first maps, but there's room for improvement.
YAY thanx leest some one gives me a little credit for trying : (

solid squall
January 10, 2006, 4:16 pm
yea im not good at map making but i do like to try my new map looks much better dont u think?[IMAGE]
http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd6/125096/ctf_junglefight.PMS

viggoloniggolo
January 10, 2006, 4:26 pm
my first maps was ctf_vig_walk

I hope you will get a brain soon geologist, I bet you dont even know where Estonia is.

The Geologist
January 10, 2006, 6:29 pm
What does that have to do with anything? You're an ass and a moron, you post crap and insults that have nothing to do with the topic, and no one likes you around here because you refuse to listen to any advice given to you. I'm suprised you're not banned yet. And son? Let's not talk about who has the brain here, because this name isn't just for show.

As for something on topic...this map looks quite a bit better Squall. Just keep practicing. There's a much better layout here...is this map more ctf? Some shading in the bases would help define things a bit more, as well as with the ground..maybe some browns and blacks as for the soil. Otherwise, keep it up.

viggoloniggolo
January 10, 2006, 6:38 pm
the smarter finishes. I finish this discussion, its over.

And you still owe me an apology for jumping on me when you said I revived the topic, that is why I do not like you, and frankly I will hate you til I die and in my next life aswell until I find you and get my revenge.

The Geologist
January 10, 2006, 6:55 pm
You finish this discussion? Didn't know it was a discussion, thought it was another display of public jackassery on your part.

And I don't owe you anything. If you want to bash me and cry about how mean I was make a bash pit topic about it and stop spamming up topics for peoples maps.

Deleted User
January 10, 2006, 6:57 pm
viggoloniggolo, you're a hopeless case and I agree with everything that Geo just said...

Solid Squal, maybie you should add more paths and smothen the gameplay out, cause nobody likes to get stuck somewhere or has to stop to make a certain jump to reach a place.
On the fact of shading, I would suggest you stay away from coloring all of your poly vertices the same, try shading it from contrast colors so the final look will be more round-like polys, i suggest the same for the scenery,
don't just pick one and "pop"-it in the mapmaker, try putting it a certain color, color the ones in front more white while the back ones darker, maybie even with transparency...

viggoloniggolo
January 10, 2006, 7:02 pm
"You're an ass and a moron, you post crap and insults that have nothing to do with the topic, and no one likes you around here because you refuse to listen to any advice given to you. I'm suprised you're not banned yet. And son? Let's not talk about who has the brain here, because this name isn't just for show."

Post advice here? The advice like this: "I hope he gets the boot"?
Wow, that is a very good piece of advice!
Conversation over!

Keron Cyst
January 10, 2006, 11:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by viggoloniggolo... you said that maps shouldnt be beautiful like flowers, but they shouldn't be as ugly as crap you know...

Yeah, what a very good piece of advice, eh? They're his first three maps he's ever made. You can't even give him a bit of leniency?...

Deleted User
January 11, 2006, 3:24 am
actualy i only play maps that are beutiful, there are many around that look like they should be put into frames instead of played in, for example annas maps.

Vig my man, settle a bit, we are a community of mappers here and are not looking for arguments, we argue when forced too.

Squal, they are some pretty sweet maps, as usual, size shading and scenery are the problems but youll get it with practice.

peemonkey
January 11, 2006, 3:39 am
from the screenies the map looks blocky, but it's likely the image quality. to make them look the best but not be as big of files as .bmp's, i'd reccomend using .png's, it's the internet's favorite when it comes to quality images.
vig, this is not the place to be doing this. just stop.

Cookie.
January 11, 2006, 5:47 am
quote:Originally posted by The GeologistWhat does that have to do with anything? You're an ass and a moron, you post crap and insults that have nothing to do with the topic, and no one likes you around here because you refuse to listen to any advice given to you. I'm suprised you're not banned yet. And son? Let's not talk about who has the brain here, because this name isn't just for show.

As for something on topic...this map looks quite a bit better Squall. Just keep practicing. There's a much better layout here...is this map more ctf? Some shading in the bases would help define things a bit more, as well as with the ground..maybe some browns and blacks as for the soil. Otherwise, keep it up.

Poor Viggo his maps are pretty good but everyone has harassed him ever since he joined to forums, what else do you expect him to do?

Anyways keep up the good w0rk Vig but leave the other people alone :'(

Soulsnipa
January 11, 2006, 5:56 am
Poor Viggo his maps are pretty good but everyone has harassed him ever since he joined to forums, what else do you expect him to do?

Anyways keep up the good w0rk Vig but leave the other people alone :'(

I agree...the whole forum attacks you if ur not like them.

The Geologist
January 11, 2006, 6:13 am
Pfft. I was one of the few people to stick up for him. "Don't ban him" I said, "he's just new" I said...didn't stop him from talking trash, insulting new mappers, and ignoring what the mods/others told him about rules. He does a fine job of pissing offsome of the people who tried to stick up for him.

viggoloniggolo
January 11, 2006, 6:53 am
the first comment about me was: "I hope he gets the boot."
Second: "I agree"

Those were the first comments about me, should i enjoy it?

Deleted User
January 11, 2006, 11:49 am
no you should laugh at it, i can personaly say that every single one of us got the exact same thing, and worse if you try and get in with the irc crowd. god the first Thread i made was a "is MM dead" thread, o what a flaming i got :P.

now lets cut the spam

Squal and vig, and anyone else, there are tutorials around i suggest you should look at them, not cause there bad maps but because you dont bring out thier full potential

viggoloniggolo
January 11, 2006, 4:54 pm
not bad, not good climb maps. the only strange place was the unpassable wall in the ctf_up map.

Gameplay: 4.5/10 <---quite playable, some bugs.
Overall looks: 3/10 <----- not very shabby
scenery: 1/10 <----- I think that word doesn't exist in solid squalls brain
creativity: 9/10 <---- good job, a new climb map is born!