Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
January 7, 2006, 10:32 pm
ok:

a blue player gets 10 points for killing a flag carrier

good, yes?

GluLm
January 9, 2006, 2:00 pm
10 points is too much, but 5 points should do it imo.
Yeah it's not a bad idea. I'll support it.

Deleted User
January 9, 2006, 2:02 pm
not a bad idea. but I dont feel any need for it

CrazyKid980
January 9, 2006, 3:55 pm
well, the objective of the blue IS to protect the flag, this makes logical sense. But yea, 10 points is too high, just 5 points would do.

person
January 9, 2006, 4:12 pm
I think 10 is good, because with uneven numbers things get more confused. Kinda why in CTF red caps aren't worth 25 now? (referring to 1.3.1's change of blue caps being set back to 20... that was such a retarded bug to have in an official version)

I'm all for it being implemented in Infiltration.

sticky_soldier
January 9, 2006, 10:19 pm
When we say points, we mean what would normally be Kills, right?

Anyway, I'm in with it. After all, blue's objective IS to protect the flag, as CrazyKid980 said.

--
Sticky_Soldier

Swarmer
January 9, 2006, 11:18 pm
Anything that makes unplayed modes better is a must.

Deleted User
January 9, 2006, 11:44 pm
Good, yes.

zyxstand
January 10, 2006, 12:05 am
it's camper-causing!
more blue will just camp their flag and wait for a red to come and grab the flag and then kill him
though you might argue that that would be a pretty big risk for blue to do most inf maps would easily benifit blue for that...

Deleted User
January 10, 2006, 2:18 am
Although it's expected for Bravo team to camp around their flag (the war being an entirely defensive one for them, after all), it would result in games where, as Zyxstand said, Bravo team would be able to just sit there and rack up tons of points with very little time and effort.

It also basically voids the point of having the Bravo point timer freeze when the flag is captured (which is critically important to Alpha team's success since it allows them more time to work with), since Bravo would make more than enough points to compensate via the flagger kills.

Nice try, but it just won't work.

At the risk of derailing the topic, I think the problem with Infiltration is more the maps than anything else anyway--since the very nature of the game mode itself different than the others, the maps have to be fundamentally different as well. Since people are used to thinking in terms of attacker vs attacker (CTF, HTF, and the various deathmatch variations all require the participants to actively persue their opponents), they aren't able to effectively design a map that can work well with a defender vs attacker scenario; instead of truly playable maps, what we get is stuff like inf_Invasion or inf_Fortress... Neither of which is ever a good thing.
Well, nothing can ruin a game of Soldat for me like those two maps (and similar ones), anyway--and of course, at least the one is pretty much standard when it comes to an infiltration server's lineup.