( search forums )
inf_henry
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
headstone
January 8, 2006, 12:44 am
My first inf map. I messed with the looks a lot to get something satisfactory (see Mapping Talk), and ended up with this:

[IMAGE]

I expect gamplay to be great, I've been fooling around with dumb bots on it and being red is awesome. It's all ice, except the concrete fort and bunkers.

Red gameplay consists of diving from bunk to bunker, and covering eachother with the stat gun in the middle. And of course, to help dodge fire, they can ice jump all the way to the first bunk using the top of their base.

Blue has many sniping places, and a stat gun on top of their base, but can also make a forward move to the central stat gun.

Download:

It includes PMS and one custom scenery.

http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=559981606fc5bf9bd88c0b4011ca2310

Please download before giving comments.

Eagles_Arrows
January 8, 2006, 1:02 am
This looks good, can't wait to play it!

Deleted User
January 8, 2006, 2:12 am
heh blue base is blessed by god xD

this map is sweet! looks balanced and fun to play.

OutofOrder
January 8, 2006, 4:23 am
quote:Originally posted by Psychoheh blue base is blessed by god xD

rofl indeed, that's a cute illumination effect. the clouds don't look good tho :S
well, i said i expected this map, so i'm going to try it out now :)

Edit:
Ok, this map looks great. You've achieved some simple yet effective visuals. Now i want to play this on some public server :P
Nice one.

Boxo
January 8, 2006, 3:35 pm
Doesn't look that great otherwise, but that lightning effect is über nifty! :O

headstone
January 8, 2006, 6:20 pm
Yeah, I've had trouble making this look decent, but I'm very confident in the gameplay. Any suggestion for the looks?

quote:he clouds don't look good tho :S

Bah, you hardly see them ingame.

Crap, I just realized that there is way too much jet fuel. Expect an update.

rabidhamster
January 9, 2006, 1:09 am
lozlolface, that is some interesting lighting! the only thing is that the light doesn't affect the soldiers. put another flare thingie on the front layer, and give it 33% transparency.

headstone
January 9, 2006, 2:14 am
quote:lozlolface, that is some interesting lighting! the only thing is that the light doesn't affect the soldiers. put another flare thingie on the front layer, and give it 33% transparency.

I originally had the light set to middle, but then it would flow right into the base, through walls n stuff, cause the background of the base is set to back.

nfsjunkie91
January 9, 2006, 2:18 am
I like the shading, but now every1 is using SK's lites! :S gj

Michal
January 9, 2006, 3:53 am
I always like maps with a combination of land and buildings, but I'm not sure if I like all the ice...
Maps with a lot of ice tend to not be taken seriously due to ice proning :/
Otherwise, it looks very nice.
My only complaint with the appearance is the shadows, they have really sharp edges and stand out too much. I would suggest using png scenery, maybe even use png scenery for the clouds.