( search forums )
The Gmod Thread of Doom
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Zero72
January 9, 2006, 2:10 am
By Gmod, I mean Garry's Mod for Half-Life 2. Good stuff. I've been playing it with my friend Munkee for the past few days, and I've taken a few screenshots of worthwhile things.

One of the first things I did was take one of the buggies and pimp it out with a red flag on the back, a pair of harpoons on the front, and thrusters so the thing got mad speed. Regrettably, I then learned that online sessions can't be saved. So I decided to turn it into The Incredible Dogmobile, and even added a passenger sidecar for extra fun (and a pithy attempt at balancing Dog's behemoth weight): Screenshot 2

Dog is also the first ragdoll I've ever posed, and I quite liked him. Later, I tried to pose an actual person, and that turned out to be mainly a pain in the ass. Screenshot

Munkee did the hat.

Next, I started a delivery service: Screenshot 2

And later, modified the vehicle for something else: Screenshot

Then I killed a crow.

And finally, I invented Destructopod, the unsafest vehicle ever. The thing took off and started killing us before I even actually put thrusters on it. Of course, it was even better once I did. Control over it was utterly nil, so it basically shredded around of its own free will and gored the motherloving crud out of anything that got too close to it. Munkee had to pin it down with his physgun so I could get in or out of it. And of course, once inside it, I basically only saw a split-second of just about everything, except when I was looking through my remote camera.

Screenshot 2

Even if I couldn't save any of it, it was immense fun.

Shortly ago, I made a barrel of death that had a bunch of dangerous things like shovels and saw blades tethered to it on ropes, and it would spin around at light speed and gore stuff up, but unfortunately, I stupidly made the body of it an explosive barrel, so it exploded shortly after takeoff. Was a pretty spectacular explosion, though.

Milkman Dan
January 9, 2006, 3:26 am
i've started playing it again. at the moment i'm making a city in the sky but it takes so long to get it working well just hanging from ropes and stuff

peemonkey
January 9, 2006, 4:06 am
i only play it when im frustrated with all other games...and have no ammo :D

rabidhamster
January 9, 2006, 5:32 am
i need 16x more graphics memory to run half life 2. my computer sucks.

Deleted User
January 9, 2006, 7:25 am
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Gmod.

I made a huge "checkpoint" in Gm_Construct. A big row of walls, with concrete barriers in front, and waist-high benches at interval. then I put about 100 zombies of varying types on one side, and about 20 combine and some rollermines on the other. mmmm, carnage.

I've also made a few comics, but I need to work on the editing the most ;)

Zero72
January 9, 2006, 11:20 am
My latest diseased creation was a hovercraft with a bunch of dangerous things like shovels and pipes and stuff roped to it and with thrusters mounted on it to make it spin like crazy. Killed a couple of antlions with it out of dumb luck, but it wasn't really worth its lag, and I couldn't get any good-looking screenshots of it.

TheFunktopus
January 9, 2006, 12:49 pm
I love Gmod. I mostly build boats and ships, but when I'm too lazy to do that, I build weird stuff that flips out.

Melvin, my crash test dummy. I loved him like a child, but then his head fell apart. Rest in peace, Melvin.

The best vehicle I have ever built, apart from the S.S. Bigot. Too bad it flipped out mid-flight.

This took a [CENSORED]load of time to build, mainly because wood is a pansy and breaks for no reason.

The stairway to heaven. It was pretty fun to climb. And it was pretty fun to blow up.

robomaeyhem
January 9, 2006, 11:21 pm
[IMAGE]

nfsjunkie91
January 9, 2006, 11:37 pm
It's times like this i want HL2

LazehBoi
January 10, 2006, 1:14 am
The Funktopus and I once went treasure hunting with a boat I made on gm_hugeflatmap... so much fun.
I've also made a plane once, and a bunch of rad rockets that were like fireworks (not that great, but yeah)
I also stuck a lot of thrusters together for no reason so it was like a loop. The rad thing is that they're weightless so they end up going really trippy. It's also fun to shoot it with the gravity gun and watch the force of the blast go through it again and again and again...

paramud
January 10, 2006, 1:34 am
Congrats, zero, You have achieved the "Temporary-newb" title.
Soon You'll grow up and make bigger and better contraptions and poses, but for now remain in a simple and calm world.

Deleted User
January 10, 2006, 1:44 am
Give me monies for things :(

Rambo_6
January 10, 2006, 2:51 am
Kekeke Zero's post is the exact same... I'm viewing it on two different forums. XD

I love making chariots out of wheels and couches and roping it to a live zombie. the damn things are too slow, though.

vash763
January 10, 2006, 6:08 am
hahahahahhahahah

peemonkey
January 10, 2006, 7:49 am
carosel wheel, max torque, then about 3 sawblades with a spinning propeller on each side, set at intermediate links, and [CENSORED]loads of zombies. did i forget to mention you rope the sawblades to the carosel? and yes, i know i cannot spell carosel. well, i can, but it's incorrect spelling.

Zero72
January 10, 2006, 10:16 am
Today I recieved inspiration for at least one Endless Vending Machine comic, which will be my first really major venture into the realms of model and facial posing.

I say "at least one" because I think I just forgot one. *taps head* Damn thing.

LazehBoi
January 10, 2006, 12:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6 Kekeke Zero's post is the exact same... I'm viewing it on two different forums. XD

I love making chariots out of wheels and couches and roping it to a live zombie. the damn things are too slow, though.

hahaha, I remember that... you should try roping a pidgeon to a jeep sometime.

viggoloniggolo
January 10, 2006, 1:17 pm
nice

peemonkey
January 10, 2006, 10:59 pm
if someone could LUA up the manhack gun again, i'd play more often.

Zero72
January 11, 2006, 8:28 am
Here's my first attempt at human ragdoll posing: http://webzoom.freewebs.com/zero72/GMod/ragdollposing2.jpg

I think I did something wrong. :(

Here's my second: LOOK IT'S MOLTRES THE POKEMON ROFFLESSSSSssss http://webzoom.freewebs.com/zero72/GMod/MOLTRESLOL2.jpg

Edit: My first comic, an Endless Vending Machine one, is done.

LazehBoi
January 11, 2006, 12:25 pm
That's so silly it's awesome. Not bad for your first play with ragdolls, either.

Zero72
January 11, 2006, 8:26 pm
Heh heh, thanks.

Zero72
January 16, 2006, 8:15 am
Munkee and I have both posted comics on this page: [URL]

I also made this: [URL]

And this little comic (The smaller shovel is a special one I downloaded to match the Postal Dude, but I was disappointed by its small size, which explains his body language):
[URL]
[URL]
[URL]
[URL]

And a bunch of other stuff I don't have online yet. A lot of it might not go online, really.

Rambo_6
January 16, 2006, 1:44 pm
Nice!

I might also say that SoldatSource is nearing a 1.0 release. The tests have been very promising.

So far i have added a secondary weapons menu, a team switch menu, and i've been making it so that you press 'E' to swap weapons with a gun on the ground.