( search forums )
ctf_Soaked
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Quality Maps
Brillmongo
January 9, 2006, 5:15 pm
Here's an overview and a bunch of screens, the download link can be found at the bottom of this post, simply unzip (or is it unrar?) the rar directly into your Soldat directory, overwrite existing files, start up Soldat and have some fun.

[Edit: I might add that it isn't waypointed, yet anyway, but I don't know when I'll get around to doing that.]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Download here:

http://m00.laughingllamas.com/fileupload/index.php?act=view&file=Y3RmX1NvYWtlZC5yYXI=

Mothafix
January 9, 2006, 5:21 pm
Looks very nice but why it have to be .rar? -.-

Brillmongo
January 9, 2006, 5:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by MothafixLooks very nice but why it have to be .rar? -.-

Because .rar is teh pwnz, dl winrar here:

http://rarlabs.com/download.htm

(It's the one at the top of the list)

Deleted User
January 9, 2006, 5:35 pm
weyh, not a bad forest/swamp/whatever map :P

DeMonIc
January 9, 2006, 6:03 pm
I think this is the begining of a beautiful friendship.. :o

I've made maps with very similiar methods, and man, I think you're much better than I am :)
The looks? Beautiful.
Layout? Balanced, three routes, suited for matches even above the boring 3v3.

I'm looking forward for more maps from you, and I'm sure others will be astonished too.

EDIT: Grass 5.1 and grass 7 are missing scenery files, you might want to check that.

Also, funfacts:
- We use the same interface
- That's my favourite texture

Keron Cyst
January 9, 2006, 6:32 pm
Brillmongo, I shall waypoint this totally 1337 map if you are all right with it.

Mothafix, .RAR totally pwnz. I use that all the time :-D

Deleted User
January 9, 2006, 6:34 pm
Beautiful - true. Gives me that little fantasy forest theme, hey, maybe someone should make a fantasy forest?

OutofOrder
January 9, 2006, 6:39 pm
quote:Psycho said
not a bad forest/swamp/whatever map :P
Hehe! I'd say it's a rainy/wetness jungle map. It does honor to its name, soaked :)

Indeed, a nice looking map, you've accomplished a real jungle-feel on it.
The layout has been inspired a lot on ctf_Maya, at least it seems so. That's ok by me, although i'm really tired of that map.
But this map has what Maya lacks: the looks. Good job there.

Leo
January 9, 2006, 7:58 pm
Beatiful map. Added at my ctf server.

Brillmongo
January 9, 2006, 8:23 pm
quote:EDIT: Grass 5.1 and grass 7 are missing scenery files, you might want to check that.

?? Well how about that, I thought they were default scenery files, oh well, I'll have to upload 'em then.

quote:The layout has been inspired a lot on ctf_Maya, at least it seems so.

Well actually, I was inspired by Marage and Mare, but it's true that it bears some resemblance to Maya, never thought of it before though.

quote:Brillmongo, I shall waypoint this totally 1337 map if you are all right with it.

That would be much appreciated, my waypoints aren't too bad if I dare say so but waypointing is tedious work and I'm a lazy b*stard (why is [CENSORED] censored btw?).

quote:Beatiful map. Added at my ctf server.

OMG, thanksorz

Avarax
January 9, 2006, 9:56 pm
perfect optics, totally gives the player a swampy jungle feeling. routes are balanced, though mirrored, thats a minus for me. bases could be slightly bigger.

conclusion: a map that i would like to come with next soldat version. totally owns.

9/10

papasurf31
January 9, 2006, 10:20 pm
I agree with Avarax. This is easily the best map I've seen in a long time pop up in these forums. I just think if the lighting in the tunnels were smoothed out a bit, that would just make this map perfect.

Definitely an update map.

Michal
January 10, 2006, 12:52 am
Nice map.
Great use of scenery, good colour choices, nice shading, and good spawn placements.
Nice interface btw ;>

Soulsnipa
January 10, 2006, 1:05 am
the shading on the floating platforms could be better done, otherwise well done.

Cookie.
January 10, 2006, 1:51 am
quote:Originally posted by Soulsnipathe shading on the floating platforms could be better done, otherwise well done.

I think the shading on the platforms is perfect the way it is...
Its a really awesome map though I give it two thumbs up :) Id like to see you make more maps if you can make them all look as good as this :D

Soulsnipa
January 10, 2006, 1:55 am
well in my opinion there is a different color to them but there there is little depth/definition in the colors.

Avarax
January 10, 2006, 4:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by Soulsnipawell in my opinion there is a different color to them but there there is little depth/definition in the colors.

well, a leak of depth, definition or contrast is just perfect for a muddy map. ;p

Echo_Trail
January 10, 2006, 4:55 pm
wow.. this map is Great!!.. I don't know how you guys do this, but this is just awesome.

Keron Cyst
February 27, 2006, 8:33 pm
Waypointed. The download seems to be missing a scenery.

http://h1.ripway.com/Keron%20Cyst/ctf_Soaked.PMS