( search forums )
on the subject on cap/sco
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Echo_Trail
January 9, 2006, 5:58 pm
Hi!..
You know how ppl has been complaining about the points you collect from scoring with flag is added to your kills? What is scoring didn't give points at all? i mean, it could still add 1 point in that box(the one showing flagpoints of both alpha and bravo)!
This would be so much greater, and no more questions about how much points flag should give, and no more "add 5 points for killing the efc.
waddoyathink?
echo_trail

CrazyKid980
January 10, 2006, 12:23 pm
Hm, no points for scoring? I dunno. Might take the fun out of getting credit for the capture. Maybe make capturing the flag on a different scoring scale.

person
January 10, 2006, 1:29 pm
I reckon you should get points for scoring, as in a few circumstances at least, it helps show that you did do something good for your team.
The score sheet should come up with more stats, ie: (where P is Points; C is flag captures; K is kills; D is deaths; and K:D: is a Kill:Death ratio rounded to one or two decimal places.)

Name: P: C: K: D: K:D: Ping:

We don't need to read Kills and Deaths in huge stretched lettering if it can take up room for more detailed stats. K:D may not be that important though. Maybe a column for flag kills also/instead.

CrazyKid980
January 10, 2006, 2:19 pm
Thats exacttly what I'm talking about.

Echo_Trail
January 10, 2006, 4:38 pm
i would agree in this, but in another topic(don't remember which) a moderator said this would not be done, so i kinda had to figure something else out.

When i capture i usually drop the flag to someone else in my base(if i have the time) for him to score. I don't want the points, i just want my team to score. I find it irritating not to know if ppl are really good or if they just did a touchdown. then, ofcourse, there's always the hard way of learning this, but i wanna know my opponent - the sooner, the better.
Get me?
echo_trail

CrazyKid980
January 10, 2006, 9:31 pm
I see what you mean, but taking the flag capture score IMO isn't the best solution. Sure, a total newbie could make it on top, but it shows that he can capture, or at least be protective the flag carrier in case he drops it. So the score basiclly revoles around how well you're protective about your flag, and the flag you steal. Thats some skills to have, or in your case, be aware about.
(You let another score? How generous.)

zyxstand
January 10, 2006, 9:44 pm
you're not targeting the problem correctly
i highly doubt that michal would have problems with the idea of separate cap scores - it's just that he hasn't come around to do it. if he's gonna change anything at all, it would definitely not be removing the capping scoring system entirely - just change it to what the soldat population would want.

Echo_Trail
January 10, 2006, 9:50 pm
"(You let another score? How generous.)"
-Yeah i do.. it makes me sick otherwise. I want a "clean" score :P

In this case i think we should for person's idea, about the different point giving system. I guess well just have to take it up with the mods again. It really is a brilliant idea, and i do't see how it can be so hard..? I mean, i'm a total jerk at computers, but still.
In many CTF servers, capturing is actually not even allowed due to this. Don't you ppl see it's actually a bit stupid to have a feature in this game, that ppl make "unwritten rules" against?
Remove the scoring thing, or adjust it anyway. If we go for person's suggestion we would still have scoring on the flag, but it wouldn't effect the K:D points. Everyone is happy.
I honestly don't see how this is such a huge argument.
thank you, echo_trail