( search forums )
advance mode?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
John O
January 9, 2006, 7:27 pm
does anyone actually play advance mode in soldat? i love realistic and it seems like a fine addition, making it more CS like, tho i havnt seen it anywhere. so whats the matter with it?

CrazyKid980
January 9, 2006, 8:03 pm
Yea, some play it. There's not wrong with it, just not so popular.

a-4-year-old
January 9, 2006, 8:23 pm
alot dont like it because its like "ZOMG i dieded now i have 2 weapons!!!!" and then when someone joins its a soccom vs any unlocked primary and then sometimes you get stuck with a minigun and are like "WTF WHERES MY SPAZ!!!! ZOMG" but i like it, because alot of the time you are forced to get good with a weapon that you never use.

peemonkey
January 9, 2006, 8:44 pm
it's hella fun with WM's and bots. i got a nice map and WM so what you gotta do is get in and suicide bomb them before the bots kill you, and when you kill 25 of them, you get a variant of an AK, an RPG, etc. quite fun :D

Deleted User
January 9, 2006, 8:55 pm
'Least advanced mode has people using other weapons... *cough cough*

Brillmongo
January 9, 2006, 8:59 pm
Advance mode can be great fun, but you're really got to be a bunch of friends who play it after a few beers for maximum enjoyment.

Deleted User
January 9, 2006, 10:21 pm
I enjoy Advanced Mode whenever I come across a half-decent server with it, but "whenever" can be defined as "the day after the world ends."

Such a shame that it's practically gone the way of Pointmatch.

Ranzear
January 9, 2006, 10:55 pm
Go find my Apoca City server setup, it uses advanced mode to lengthen a zombie match, 5 kills a gun. Dying 5 times to zombies really means you deserve to lose a gun =D, but with a weapon mod everything is really balanced on how many zombies you can take out on a single reload vs how long it takes to reload, so whatever gun you get after 5 kills and dying (good to have an intial foray before trying to flag) will always be good enough that you can get across the map with it.

Raptor
January 10, 2006, 1:20 am
I barely play sometimes advance mode, but I don't like it.

Spectral
January 10, 2006, 5:04 am
I played it once or twice, it was alright, but nothing that I would be keen on playing often. and there's no one else i know who does either

Echo_Trail
January 10, 2006, 6:32 am
i really like advance mode. as said, it forces you to give everything you've got with an otherwise unused weapon. Sometimes, even though i get steyer or mp5, i still use my socom. you gotta love that lil' overpowered deathray gun:D

John O
January 10, 2006, 7:36 am
i dunno, i guess it just made sense that it works to me. on realistic, the soccom is awesome. and if no one likes the minigun, ban it. i love advance mode and have a hard time playing this
"regular" stuff on all the servers. i mean, i get 1 kill, i get a new gun, and on my first kill i dont have to face down a squad of M79s or Barretts. i see complaints on these forums that i never run into while playing A/R/s

Captain Ben
January 10, 2006, 9:20 am
Advance mode has always been fun in CTF and bot matches.

Chakra`
January 10, 2006, 10:25 am
Yet another example of too many servers trying to oblige to the unquestioned-thus-supposed demand of the public.

Take a leaf out of Leo's and U13's book, you server-hosting-people. CTF is more than well catered for, though an established communial meeting point like U13 will always be needed. Takes alot of damn work though.

Likewise, something alternative and refreshing like Leo's real mode servers are seeing incredible activity. Be daring - be different. Power-ups, advanced mode, survival, pointmatch, rambo, whatever... don't expect it to be full or even noticed within a month though. A server's name will only get noticed and played on through alot of time and patience.

Svirep
January 10, 2006, 6:41 pm
yeah what the old guy says
shame there isnt much server diversity
advance mode can be a lot of fun

...can someone tell me what U13 is?
i dont think i've ever seen it

Pero
January 10, 2006, 7:00 pm
I like to play advanced with bot when my isp sucks and i get extreme lag or no connection a all :)