( search forums )
MPK_SoulSnipas Final Mappack
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Soulsnipa
January 10, 2006, 1:00 am
Jan 25- Sorry Didn't mean to bump usually it doesnt do that when you edit when it gets past page 2.

Topic says it all, for as far as I know this is my goodbye present. Break is over and I've had too much of this community to bear. Special Thanks and Shout out to a few people like Anna, Boxo, and Serial Killer, all the sml guests, and whoever else, you know who you are.

There are several unreleased maps in this pack that I've put in there to encourage you to download. Screenshots and highlights of some of the better and all the new maps are to come in a little bit. I've included everything you need to play my maps including all of the default scenery. If you find anything missing let me know.

Not all the maps are waypointed, sorry about that, but those that are, have fun in singleplayer! For a little while I will be putting up a server with all of these maps, so stay tuned.

I never really asked for any maps to become included with soldat, however it would be nice after all of my hard work. Something like that would be rewarding but is not neccessary. I did this for the community.

Here is the readme:
[code]
|=============================================================|
|============== SoulSnipa's Final Mappack ====================|
|=================http://sml.u13.net==========================|

Details:
These maps are results of over 2 years of periodic work. Hopefully you
will enjoy a few of them. All of the earliest maps were remade in polyworks
and the old versions are floating around somewhere on the internet,
however you probably wont want them.

Instructions:
Unzip into the folder BEFORE your soldat directory.
Example, if your soldat directory is C:\Soldat\Maps you unzip into C: or if your directory is C:\Program Files\Soldat\Maps you unzip into C:\Program Files

Included:
+57 Finished Maps
+5 PMS files I used for testing (Submaps folder)
+204 Scenery Files
+34 Textures/Edges

Map Names:

(2) Physical Ability Test maps:
!jumptest
!slidetest

(16) Deathmatch:
bullettime5.0
castlearena (unreleased)
Fly
forcicle
gladiator (unreleased)
grounded
hoth
jasslehood
matrix
mm
sml_fall
sml_fest
sml_hh
sml_mikra
tree (unreleased)
TropicalIsland

(2) Puzzle Maps:
var_saw
var_sawmovie (unreleased)

(1) Race Map:
rce_end (unreleased)

(28) Capture the Flag Maps:
ctf_arise
ctf_bedroom
ctf_besari (unreleased)
ctf_buriedgold
ctf_cave
ctf_cloud (unreleased)
ctf_confused
ctf_Danger
ctf_danger2
ctf_Danger3
ctf_demon
ctf_duelaction
ctf_fpmak
ctf_hoth (unreleased)
ctf_Iceland
ctf_iceland2
ctf_ionu
ctf_jarhos
ctf_junglestrike
ctf_Kampfrmx
ctf_la2un
ctf_Laosrmx
ctf_lowdown
ctf_revasi (unreleased)
ctf_straight
ctf_travel
ctf_whisp (unreleased)
ctf_xwing

(5) Infiltration Maps:
inf_dirtdrop
inf_dsinside
inf_eforest
inf_lowdown
inf_slime

(2) Hold the flag Maps:
htf_dagobah
htf_industrial

Credits:
+SML Team
+Droopy
+Freeze
+Sliker Hawk
+Lunerfox
+Lpzie
+TradeMAAK
+Serial Killer
+Avarax
+All the good examples I have learned from
+All the people on the forums who gave nice comments
+Anna for polyworks
+Michal Marcinkowsi for soldat and his mapmaker

Last Notes:
+Please visit http://sml.u13.net for uploads, tutorials, and other map resources.
+Also look into downloading my star wars mod. (As you notice a few maps are included in this
mappack that are star wars themed.
+Also visit #soldat.polyworks / #soldat.mapping , two channels willing to help you out on your mapping.
[/code]

Screenshots:
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

And finally the download:

Updated 01/10/06- var_sawmovie and ctf_revasi fix

http://sml.u13.net/files/mappacks/SoulSnipaPack.ZIP (4.26mb)

The Geologist
January 10, 2006, 3:38 am
Wait...a goodbye present? I'll be the first to say we've had our fair share of issues, but since you've come back there's been a real revitalization in some of the maps you've done. Some of the old remakes are really great, and you're going to stop? Or leave? Who will I bicker with? Damnation, no!

Unfortunately, I'm not on a my own computer for the time being so I can't download. Does this entail anything for sml as well?

Soulsnipa
January 10, 2006, 3:46 am
Yes, no hard feelings I know, but I need to take my leave. Onto real life again. To answer your question about SML. I rebuilt the site, it works for the most part. There are things that could have gotten finished but it still is up there on one of the better mapping sites. The tutorials I finished for the most part. SML was a project that never really would get finished, I would just keep adding things, more features to play around with. I want to just leave SML being a place to host maps and read tutorials. Hopefully through them, people will be able to create maps like the above, and even exceed my talent.

viggoloniggolo
January 10, 2006, 8:56 am
I will take over LOL 8-D

Avarax
January 10, 2006, 8:09 pm
bye byes my friend, luv ya!

nice "finishing" with the community, 4,26 MB :O
oh, i see you did really finish your second saw map :) i'll test it after posting this. ty for credits and mentioning soldat.mapping. what will happen to sml and all maps on it?

did one of your maps ever get default status btw?

you should have the older versions of your maps too... well actually my map folder will be full enough with all this stuff... -.-

well well, see you around

Norris Scott
January 10, 2006, 10:00 pm
Great gift to everyone SoulSnipa, been a pleasure talking to you on AIM and helping you out a bit when the map uploader on SML was messed up and not letting me upload my map >_>

You helped me out quite a bit with mapping, plus you and Serial Killer made my ctf_buriedgold map which was just amazing of you two. Good luck with future endeavors man, thanks for the maps :)

nfsjunkie91
January 10, 2006, 11:48 pm
we'll miss you soul.

the maps are really good too, just to be on topic :D

well, see ya.

grand_diablo
January 11, 2006, 4:43 pm
weve had our debates, but as I guess youre serious about your "retirement", the time has come to bury them. One of the best mappers is leavin', I wish you all the best.

Boxo
January 11, 2006, 7:45 pm
Bye :(.

Great mappack, too.

TeRRoRinFANt
January 12, 2006, 2:56 pm
The mappack is big. I mean it. In terms of size and quality. Been nice working with you, Soul.

Deleted User
January 12, 2006, 3:18 pm
goo bye :(
nice maps

FliesLikeABrick
January 28, 2006, 11:07 pm
http://ww2.u13.net/SoulSnipaPack.ZIP

much faster download location. I'm loading this mappack into my custom map server now

Michal
January 29, 2006, 12:02 am
Nice work man.
My favourite map would have to be ctf_Straight.

Deleted User
January 29, 2006, 8:11 am
Awesome mappack. I wish you released Hoth though.

Soulsnipa
January 30, 2006, 2:38 am
i did release it i thought?