( search forums )
.::¤NEw!!!! BugS oF WaR MOd¤::.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your totally 1337 mods!
Deleted User
January 10, 2006, 1:49 am
soon
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/1483/screenshot471oc.th.png
/\/\/\ updated pic for feild marshals happyness
http://img259.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot483xw.png
http://img248.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot506ra.png

file link
the link to the mod is now gone due to me obeying field marshal (for once)i will post a new mod all done by me later on this one will take longer than 1 hour but i need too use the viking gostek done by feild marshal, it would be appreciated

peemonkey
January 10, 2006, 2:02 am
just update the first post, making 2 threads is pointless, the first picture is way too small to see anything, and the mod seems too ugly and bright :/

Deleted User
January 10, 2006, 2:47 am
Do you not speak english or somthing? This still has some of my stuff in it. Remove Everything

here is a list of things that are still mine since you cant seem to get it right:

For interface gfx

1.) "0"
2.) "4"
3.) "5"
4.) "6"
5.) "9"
6.) "8"

For weapons-gfx

1.) ak clip 1-2 and muzzle flash
2.) barret and barret muzzle flash
3.) colt 1911 clip and muzzle flash
4.) eagles fire
5.) flamer fire
6.) law fire
7.) m249 1-2 and clip
8.) minigun 1-2 and clip
9.) mp5 fire
10.) ruger 77 1-2 and fire
11.) spas 1-2
12.) steyr aug 1-2 clip and fire

Remove these and I will be fine, these listed images were stolen and reshaded "poorly i might add" and claimed as your work. This is not only illegal but very lame. This is my last post before contacting a moderator, as i have listed all files that must be changed.

Deleted User
January 10, 2006, 4:11 am
ok ok ok i did reshade some of your weapons but i changed them not just colorwise if u can see plz dont contact a modorator besides im not stealing im just moding ur mod but i understand ill fix this thx for the list so i kno wwhat to look for next ill be making a paintball mod all by myself if u wanna help/check it out u may
edit: law fire and flamer fire is my work,spas i stotaly done by me

Deleted User
January 10, 2006, 4:20 am
uhh excuse me bro...paintball mod already exists :\....go to www.soldatmods.tk .....if u make a paintball mod..u better make it all urs or get that paintball mod's creator's permission first if u mod some of his work..otherwise this could just be another repeat of what just happened

Deleted User
January 10, 2006, 4:22 am
nvm about the fire ok its all done im sorry i made u mad i didnt know i still had those files there casue i just reinstaled soldat. odd well anyway
over an dout

Deleted User
January 10, 2006, 4:23 am
no im makeing one totaly by me thx tho im done with this first mod i dont wanna get flammed again thx
over and out

Deleted User
January 10, 2006, 4:36 am
If you updated it why are all those files i listed still in the download link? And to adress a statment

quote: ok ok ok i did reshade some of your weapons but i changed them not just colorwise if u can see plz dont contact a modorator besides im not stealing im just moding ur mod

I dont care if you made pretty rainbow monkeys, if you edit my weapons it is still stealing according to U.S Copyright Law, not me.

Remove the link untill you remove all those things i listed

Deleted User
January 10, 2006, 4:45 am
no im makeing one totaly by me thx tho im done with this first mod i dont wanna get flammed again thx
over and out

Deleted User
January 10, 2006, 2:36 pm
Fine, but I dont uderstand why you dont get this, remove the download link to the mod.

Melba
January 10, 2006, 3:40 pm
field marshal, you're a [CENSORED].
U.S Copyright law means nothing here.

Also, if you're really copyrighted, show us the proof.

LUNATIC COW
January 10, 2006, 8:12 pm
You don't exactly go to a patent office to get official copyright forms for MS Paint pictures that you made for a Polish 2d shooter.. but if I write something down, it is automatically copyrighted by me. If someone else were to take what I wrote, regarless of legal copyright forms, etc, it would be plagarism. Regarless of weather I am a published author, artist, whatever, as soon as it flows from my mind, to my fingers, to the paper, it is copyrighted. It would be hard to make that stand up in a court or formal proceding, yet it is still the law.

"ok ok ok i did reshade some of your weapons"

- Well, no [CENSORED].

Deleted User
January 10, 2006, 11:53 pm
Oi, will one of you mod's please lock this topic and delete the darn link yourself, this could only go on for days with people yelling at each other..

Deleted User
January 11, 2006, 8:27 pm
lol haent had time to change it just someone delete this topic!

Deleted User
January 11, 2006, 9:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMFine, but I dont uderstand why you dont get this, remove the download link to the mod.

Why do you care about your mods so much? Do you think the people who made Metal Slug games would have cared when you used their stuff as your avatar/sig and modified it? No.

Deleted User
January 11, 2006, 10:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMFine, but I dont uderstand why you dont get this, remove the download link to the mod.

Why do you care about your mods so much?

why would you say that? Honestly, How would you feel if somone took your avatar and signature and edited it and claimed it as their own, and don't say somthing ridiculous like you would'nt care, because you would. I care about my mods so much because i put alot of time and effort into them, and to see some schmo take it and claim it as his own after a cruddy reshade job is'nt the greatest thing to see.

peemonkey
January 11, 2006, 11:32 pm
But ville, it was common knowledge wher his metal slug things came from, he didnt edit them to try to pass them off as his own work. it's better to do your own work instead of taking someone else's and not crediting until you're caught.

Deleted User
January 12, 2006, 2:17 pm
I honestly wouldn't give a [CENSORED] if someone took my avatar/signature and edited them and/or claimed them as his own, plagiarism is the highest form of flattery.

Deleted User
January 12, 2006, 2:25 pm
:P

Deleted User
January 12, 2006, 2:29 pm
Nice sig, semagae!

Deleted User
January 12, 2006, 2:45 pm
thanks, you have a nice avy :P

Deleted User
January 12, 2006, 5:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2I honestly wouldn't give a [CENSORED] if someone took my avatar/signature and edited them and/or claimed them as his own, plagiarism is the highest form of flattery.

Maybe so but that does'nt change the fact that it is Illegal

Keron Cyst
January 12, 2006, 6:50 pm
... and not everyone has your mindset, Ville'.

quote:Originally posted by rebk
quote:... im just moding ur mod...
Did you even ask him if you could in the first place?

[quote]Originally posted by rebk
lol haent had time to change it just someone delete this topic!
There's a li'l paper & pencil icon above each of your posts. Use that to edit your first post and kill those links. That's basically what he wants, anyways.

Borus
January 12, 2006, 7:42 pm
Peemonkey is right.

Like my new avatar? =l

Deleted User
January 12, 2006, 8:03 pm
center it :P
start a new trend! :P

EDIT:
this got a sticky?

Deleted User
January 12, 2006, 9:10 pm
Probably because Ville is mad that people did'nt see things his way and he is acting immature. I appreciate all those who see things my way, and as keron said rebk all i want is you to edit your post and remove the links

Borus
January 12, 2006, 9:12 pm
"center it :P
start a new trend! :P"

Yeah, MY santa owns. :D

LUNATIC COW
January 12, 2006, 9:42 pm
Rofl... *throws maturity out the window*

Deleted User
January 12, 2006, 10:54 pm
Dear lord, what have you people done...
Stoop to this low of a level, its a sticky now for god's sake.
*shakes head* u crazy, crazy people lol

LUNATIC COW
January 13, 2006, 12:05 am
*Whistle noise slowly losing pitch but getting louder*

"Incoming!"

Deleted User
January 13, 2006, 12:29 am
:P
change your avy and sig, LET THE REVOLUTION BEGIN!

January 13, 2006, 6:29 am
hey... y is this a sticky?

The Geologist
January 13, 2006, 6:31 am
Because Santa wasn't done giving us presents.

frogboy
January 13, 2006, 6:48 am
quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMMaybe so but that does'nt change the fact that it is Illegal
And how are you going to enforce it? Call the police?

"Someone on the internet stole my 16x16 pictures!"

gibownyzall
January 13, 2006, 8:17 am
hmmm its only a mod be nice.... Like Santa wud be.

LUNATIC COW
January 13, 2006, 12:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by frogboyquote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMMaybe so but that does'nt change the fact that it is Illegal

It's called respect and common courtisy.

Deleted User
January 13, 2006, 3:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by LUNATIC COWquote:Originally posted by frogboyquote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMMaybe so but that does'nt change the fact that it is Illegal

It's called respect and common courtisy.

Exactly, thank you. I may not even be able to enforce it but that does'nt change the fact that it is illegal, and that's what you don't seem to be understanding

DeMonIc
January 13, 2006, 4:36 pm
And you don't seem to be understanding anything either.

I agree that stealing one's material is a mean thing to do, and I'm sure every Soldat user agrees too. That's why this mod would never be used by anyone, because people will have their minds made up about rebk, and they will not use his mods, ever.

This thread was stickied for a different reason however, and that's easy to guess if you know Ville: Field Marshal, this thread is a monument of your inflexibility, which is laughable if you keep it up. It is obvious that rebk will not remove the link, because he can't do that / doesn't want to, but it doesn't really matter, since no one cares about him in any way. He has now gained the rank of 'Stealer', and with every post you make about asking him to take down the link, you are making a fool out of yourself. It's just best to move on now, it is pointless to continue.

And good luck at annoying Ville: he can't be upset that way. But you guys are sure as hell annoying me.

Deleted User
January 13, 2006, 6:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIcAnd you don't seem to be understanding anything either.

I agree that stealing one's material is a mean thing to do, and I'm sure every Soldat user agrees too. That's why this mod would never be used by anyone, because people will have their minds made up about rebk, and they will not use his mods, ever.

This thread was stickied for a different reason however, and that's easy to guess if you know Ville: Field Marshal, this thread is a monument of your inflexibility, which is laughable if you keep it up. It is obvious that rebk will not remove the link, because he can't do that / doesn't want to, but it doesn't really matter, since no one cares about him in any way. He has now gained the rank of 'Stealer', and with every post you make about asking him to take down the link, you are making a fool out of yourself. It's just best to move on now, it is pointless to continue.

And good luck at annoying Ville: he can't be upset that way. But you guys are sure as hell annoying me.

It realy is sad to see that, and you also are not understanding or even taking the time to read my post thoroughly. I do not care what rebk has been "branded" as or what people think. If i had my way I would have rebk lose that reputation and make things for himself. All of this still does not change the fact that taking my mod and changing it and reuploading it as your own work, or even at all is illegal. I also am not trying to "irritate ville" If he does somthing like this it is obvious that he is not going to be shaken or irritated at what I am saying. Whether or not I am "inflexible" as I said before it does not change the fact that it is illegal. And if it was not illegal I would have no case for telling him to remove the link. Telling somone that it is "mean" to steal my mod is just weak and pathetic, who would feel they need to abide by my wishes then? Overall, I'm very disapointed in a few select members on this forum and Ville as a moderator (even though he probably does'nt care). And know that I am not the only one who feels this way about it, as many have posted agreeing with me and some have contacted me privily about it. My request to remove the link still stands no matter how "laughable" it may seem to you, and is supported by Copyright Law no matter how you try and dismiss it.

DeMonIc
January 13, 2006, 6:46 pm
Think what you will, I'm just going to post the facts this time around:

- rebk is incompentent, and will not remove the download link any time soon.
- Ville isn't going to remove the link, because he enjoys how you take the internet too seriously.
- rebk violated blabla, so are you going to sue him?
- If this weren't a sticky, the topic would sink within days and we could all move on.
- You're one of the best modders around, are you really surprised that some newbies take your stuff?
- You are taking this really too seriously.

Deleted User
January 13, 2006, 7:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIcThink what you will, I'm just going to post the facts this time around:

- rebk is incompentent, and will not remove the download link any time soon.

Does that make it right?

quote: - Ville isn't going to remove the link, because he enjoys how you take the internet too seriously.

Again, is that right? And just because it's the internet does not mean you should brush it off, there are still real people sitting behind their computer screens typing these posts.

quote: - rebk violated blabla, so are you going to sue him?

I alredy adressed this, no I'm not, but does that change the fact it's illegal? Nope

quote:- If this weren't a sticky, the topic would sink within days and we could all move on.

I did'nt sticky it nor ask for it to be

quote: - You're one of the best modders around, are you really surprised that some newbies take your stuff?

Thank you for your compliments, and I never said I was surprised, and no I'm not.

quote: - You are taking this really too seriously.

That's your prerogative, I myself don't think that asking for my mods that I work hard on Copyright notice to be respected is taking things to seriously.

Maybe now that I have adressed all your points you will see where I stand and not think I am being "laughable". Somehow I doubt this though.

The Geologist
January 13, 2006, 9:54 pm
If your work is really copyrite protected then do something about it. Otherwise, please just be quiet. We all get your point, we knows you don't approve, but you're chasing a fart in the wind and it will get you nowhere. Don't turn this into another sig threat.

Deleted User
January 13, 2006, 9:57 pm
immmmmmmmmmmm soooooooooooooooo soooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy
iv ben play animal crossing WW for my ds for awile and i dont want this to be sticked pl zit was my fault and im working on a new/totalymyn mod
i would like this post to be deleted o and field marshal im real sorry bout this i wished it wouldent tourn out like this :( well gusee my reps gone cause of demonic PS: anyway id like someone to take my mod that would show that they like it :) over and out

The Geologist
January 13, 2006, 10:16 pm
Dude....you can delete your own posts. Use that trash can icon located up above your posts. You can also edit your posts using the pen and pag icon, for example, to remove links. Your "rep" isn't gone because of Demonic, it's gone because you got called out repeatedly for using his work as your own. But, this doesn't mean you can't rebuild your rep with your own work. Let's see what you can do and you can rebuild your rep anew.

Keron Cyst
January 14, 2006, 12:14 am
He won't read that, The Geologist! There's too much text there xD You need to go like this:

rebk, you can edit the link out of your post yourself.
There is a little white box that you can click on to change the text.

[IMAGE]
It has a little pencil icon. Get to it, Private!

Deleted User
January 14, 2006, 12:24 am
lol i already did tht along time ago y dont u see my new futuremod on partialy 1337 modz :) i didnt steal it :)

vash763
January 14, 2006, 3:42 am
I was wondering why this was stickied on the first page, then I noticed most of the posts were by FMBM, and I saw some copyright BS, so I knew why.

b00sta needs to go sticky the one in the test forum too.

LUNATIC COW
January 14, 2006, 8:46 pm
Un-sticky this and get over it. After putting out "your" second mod, rebk, we already know your ways. Hopefully you will change, until then, stop lying, and stop making a mokery of decent and good modifications.

Deleted User
January 14, 2006, 9:32 pm
my ways?

comrade8ken
January 14, 2006, 11:29 pm
Far out its just a game its just a mod no ones going to download and install his mod because it is a [CENSORED] mod they will just have a [CENSORED] and then download FM new mod

LUNATIC COW
January 15, 2006, 7:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by rebkmy ways?

Lying and stealing.. in reverse order.

Cookie.
January 16, 2006, 5:57 am
I'm pretty sure that its ok to use someone elses image as long as it is edited enough... there is a certain % of an image that must be changed before it is ok though... Isn't it? I think I read that on some other forum... maybe on ebaumsworld(due to that whole everyone attack ebaums phase) so look into it before believing me :p

The Geologist
January 16, 2006, 6:06 am
I agree. There's an amount or portion of the original work that needs to be changed for it to even be a "modification". If it's too similar to the original work, as these guns are, then there's no use in releasing it as a mod. But to really change that work, the dimensions, the colors, the concept, etc...that is the true idea of a modification imo.

On that note, lay off him people..especially those like Lunatic Cow. before you start stoning the guy, he is new..just needs to learn a bit. You act as though he was purposfully or spitefully doing these things, yet I argue ignorance is bliss...doesn't make his actions correct, but don't accuse him of such vendictive acts. He'll learn, especially after getting flamed so much..he's putting out original (albeit beginner) mods...he needs some positive feedback and help to improve, to do his own work so he won't need to start from others.

Deleted User
January 16, 2006, 11:09 am
thx man i just made my first all done by me <---iv said this allot, modits in partialy 1337 mods :)