( search forums )
CTF Mud - Scrooge's first released map!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Scrooge
January 10, 2006, 10:24 am
[URL]
This is my ctf map mud. It is based on a laser game my footy team whent to in WA. Alpha team gets a good hill so they get the higher ground but bravo team have a nice tower that they can hide behind. It is my first released map and there will be a waypointed version coming soon. Please give me any tips or suggestions you might have. Enjoy! Sorry but I havnt got any screen shots yet.
Screenshots
[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]
Download
[URL]

Screenshots and fixed link there we go!

Top link dose not work and I havnt done any shading as i do not know how.There are actually three screen shots there they are just thx and enjoy!

viggoloniggolo
January 10, 2006, 10:51 am
^
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Ok, colours are disgusting lol

open mapmaker and press the prt scr SysRq button
then open paint and press edit/paste

thats how you get a full map overview

Scrooge
January 10, 2006, 11:25 am
The link up the top is ment to be the download and i dont know how to put my screen shots into the post.

Eagles_Arrows
January 10, 2006, 11:48 am
Okay, Scrooge, here's the skinny on how to post a screenshot (Pay Attention!).

-Go to imageshack.us
-Upload your picture (Be careful! Use .jpg instead of .bmp to reduce file size [and I'm not talking about length x width (nor the shape of it!)])
-Copy the Direct Link to the Picture
-Use this code: [img]Direct Link to the Picture HERE![/ img]
----Note that I inserted a space between "/" and "img" on the last tag. No spaces.

And also: the link you gave us appears to be...umm...non-working, mainly because it's not a FULL address.

Scrooge
January 10, 2006, 12:50 pm
thanks but how do i change file to jpg? And how do i take full ovierview screen shots?

viggoloniggolo
January 10, 2006, 12:51 pm
open with paint and save as, use filetype jpg (the filetype changer is under the naming bar)

Scrooge
January 10, 2006, 12:58 pm
k thx

viggoloniggolo
January 10, 2006, 1:00 pm
http://sml.u13.net <--- upload on this site

if you wanna see what this site does scrooge, look for my topic:"viggoloniggolo's dm maps"

after you post a map, copy the text in your topic, it will show the overview and comments

Eagles_Arrows
January 10, 2006, 5:27 pm
Okay, you (Scrooge) have ticked me off, but only a little.

I saw his map on sml.u13.net, but he uploaded it in the wrong category (Files). Scrooge, there is a freaking "Submit Map" button in the upper-right corner of the page, a "Submit Map" button!

Anyway, if anyone's interested in playing his first map, here is a link.

http://sml.u13.net/files/ctf_Mud.PMS

viggoloniggolo
January 10, 2006, 5:40 pm
mapmaker is born! you are already a better mapmaker than the Geologist, who is a real biach,literally.

Keron Cyst
January 10, 2006, 6:33 pm
Yeah, right. The Geologist's one of the best mappers out there. You probably haven't even seen any of his maps.

Adjust the polygon colors on that mountain of the first screenie. Use wireframe and look at the structure; if many polygons' vertices connect to one point and you make one vertex of it a different color, you're gonna have to make 'em all the same for smooth shading (except when you're working with really radical polygon=shading).

Might want to throw in some sandbags or crates for cover on Bravo's open field. It looks better for an inf. map if you switch the teams around.

viggoloniggolo
January 10, 2006, 6:41 pm
I have seen his maps, nothing special. Too huge to play normally

Scrooge
January 11, 2006, 1:27 am
Thanks and there will be an updated version coming soon with more scenery etc... And I also made this map in about half an hour maybe less.

nfsjunkie91
January 11, 2006, 4:20 am
looks pretty good for a first map scrooge :D i really like the bridge part myself. and i'm sure that as time goes on your mapping skills will be more... err... mapping-skillier... right. gj overall though, i'll download tomorrow for a close look at it. and vigolo? no. just, no. never insult geo teh rock mod.

Scrooge
January 11, 2006, 4:52 am
Heres the new and hopefully improved ctf_Mud. It now gives Alpha a bunker inside the hill and give Bravo cover when charging.
Download
[URL]

(STILL NOT WAYPOINTED)

viggoloniggolo
January 11, 2006, 4:59 pm
make a full overview of the map first....

The map is nothing special actually.
the sides are not equally placed and some vertices are not connected with other vertices, that create holes that disturb the naked eye.
gameplay: 5/10
overal looks: 2/10
scenery: 3/10
creativity: 4/10

Good for a first map!

Raptor
January 12, 2006, 3:57 pm
I like the map's gameplay, but I think you should completely change the background colors..