Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
solid squall
January 10, 2006, 4:22 pm
better or worse i say better
[IMAGE]
http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd6/125096/ctf_junglefight.PMS

martinmarta
January 10, 2006, 4:58 pm
It looks ugly. But it's the first map I have seen. So I don't know.

Flying_Dutchman
January 10, 2006, 5:31 pm
Hmm pic quality is messed up again i see. But this one really looks better. Try adding some shading and maybe make the ground a bit thicker to give it a more solid feeling, I always like that solid feeling, but who am I?
If you go with 1 route try adding some bunkers and other stuff to take cover in. You could also try and make some kind of mountain or tower in the middle or a tunnel below the map to add more routes.

Just keep on building those maps and youll become better and better. I can already see improvement with this map. :)

Deleted User
January 11, 2006, 3:29 am
Totaly sweet map, very cs style ya'know. Shading wouldnt go astray, but its more important to get your mapping style downpacked before you start shading.

Soulsnipa
January 11, 2006, 6:00 am
Solid Squaal I will contact you on msn, however may I suggest reading SML Tutorials, they will help you out a lot....

http://sml.u13.net/tutorial/

peemonkey
January 11, 2006, 8:00 am
then learn the right place to talk about these things.

Deleted User
January 11, 2006, 3:36 pm
the map is very lieroish but it dont look to bad.

grand_diablo
January 11, 2006, 4:37 pm
Topic cleared from vig's spam and insults and all replies connected to it

viggoloniggolo
January 11, 2006, 4:50 pm
good job diablo, did you even read the topics i posted?
half of them were about this map, for instance:
rated gameplay: 3.5/10 (could use more routes)
scenery: 2/10 (scenery is in the air!)
overall looks: 5/10 (looks playable)
creativity: 1/10 (explanation: anyone can think of this layout, and I think everyone has thought of this kind'a layout.)

if you delete this post, youre not worthy of being a repectful moderator or whoever cleares this message. Conversation over, no replys required.

grand_diablo
January 11, 2006, 5:05 pm
the essence is not what about those posts were, but the attitude they were written in. I dont tolerate people in the mapping forums, who are behaving like arrogant asshats.

PS: Im the one to end this conversation, kthxbye

viggoloniggolo
January 11, 2006, 5:37 pm
asshat is not a word and your attitude is rotten. I did not insult you in any way possible thus you insulted me first.
And as you can see, I can truly say that the asshat here is you my dear friend.

and you might be a moderator, but you are equal as me as a person and I have as much rights as you.

Mothafix
January 11, 2006, 5:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by viggoloniggoloasshat is not a word and your attitude is rotten. I did not insult you in any way possible thus you insulted me first.
And as you can see, I can truly say that the asshat here is you my dear friend.

and you might be a moderator, but you are equal as me as a person and I have as much rights as you.

He has a right to ban you from forums what i'm really expecting

viggoloniggolo
January 11, 2006, 5:47 pm
"He has a right to ban you from the forums as I am expecting."

Yes, you are right, but banning is the VERY last option, this is the wrong place to talk about it and...

...there isn't a way that i am going to start to care about what you are expecting mothafix, not even a teeny bit and you know it.
^
|
|
If you didn't understand then i shall bring it up in percents= caring: 0,3% (out of 99.9%)

Keron Cyst
January 11, 2006, 6:02 pm
vig', why are you so carried off-topic immediately like that? This thread is about the map, so if you want to pursue another subject (like how everyone says you're a jerk except TradeMAAK and yourself) go post in the Bash Pit.

And about your new "first" post, after grand_diablo cleared all that up, you said you posted all those in the ones that were deleted.

Why couldn't you compile all your thoughts into one like you just did right now the first time around?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Change the BG colors, solid squall; shades of gray are pretty boring, and besides some tones can have a dramatic effect on the map's atmosphere. If your map was spiced up it could be pretty awesome.

viggoloniggolo
January 11, 2006, 6:05 pm
I thought I said: " this is the wrong place to talk about it"
Did you even read? I finished the damn thing and you are continuing it.
For the sake of lord stop now.

Im saying it many times so you would understand it, and I am editing as much as possible anyway, as soon as someone reply's...

Is this some kind of a "we are the world vs. ViGGoLoNiGGoLo" <- idea?
shut up, please and dont blame me for getting off the topic.
Repeating again:"this is the wrong place to talk about it"

Also, I was talking to Grand_Diablo only, you weren't invited, because if you got an invitation, it was cheated, hacked or faked.
The conversation between me and Diablo is over, as he said somewhere up there....
Your opinion about this does not touch me in any way possible and i do not experience any emotions about you typing ruthless crap here about me, my friends, my possibilities or whatsoever and for the sake of the holy trinity (I repeat for the third time):
This is the wrong place to talk about it and please leave the "I hope he gets banned or dies" at home.

Keron Cyst
January 11, 2006, 6:11 pm
That's why I posted something about solid squall's map at the bottom of my post to try to maintain the original subject! You didn't even say anything about it in yours above. And it obviously touched you if you're replying, especially with cuss words (oops; never mind, that's normal of you). I respect grand_diablo and you were insulting him; that was my call in.

solid squall, combine the polygon colors when the buildings translate into the natural terrain. It'll look much better that way.

viggoloniggolo
January 11, 2006, 6:14 pm
rated gameplay: 3.5/10 (could use more routes)
scenery: 2/10 (scenery is in the air!)
overall looks: 5/10 (looks playable)
creativity: 1/10 (explanation: anyone can think of this layout, and I think everyone has thought of this kind'a layout.)

anything else?
I think you should learn to read the topics from the beginning! till the end!, my dear friend Keron Cyst

If you join converations without someones will, do you join someones toilet room just like that? (for example)
And I did not insult him, I said that I am a person as much as he is.

A person like you and me and John

Keron Cyst
January 11, 2006, 6:30 pm
Just a person as you, eh?

"Edited by - viggoloniggolo on 11 Jan 2006 17:38:18"

Anything else, eh? Fine, convo ended.

Melba
January 11, 2006, 10:24 pm
viggoloniggolo, this is the internet, you don't have any rights.
Moderators on a forum are always higher than you in rank and can do whatever the [CENSORED] they please with you and your posts.
Especially when you come in here out of nowhere and start arguments in every damn new map topic.
Also grand_diablo never said you insulted him, stop putting words in his mouth for god sake.