( search forums )
Headshot Icon
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
January 11, 2006, 1:08 am
I think that a headshot icon added to the kill stats (when you get a headshot) in the upper left would be a nice easy addition. Maybe even in the logs too.

Echo_Trail
January 11, 2006, 4:24 pm
There's no need for this. Having 4 kills with you name in front tell's you're good, not a random headshot icon..

Deleted User
January 11, 2006, 4:44 pm
I like this idea and it will be nice to see in implemented.

<3

Deleted User
January 11, 2006, 5:20 pm
I rather see some thing improved than new things added...

Silent Soldier
January 11, 2006, 6:08 pm
Somebody has played too much CoD2... ;P
Well it's a nice little suggestion.

SERIAL KILLeR
January 11, 2006, 6:21 pm
Soldat doesn't need this cause the headshot isn't so powerfull and easy to do (just fly above your enemy and shoot).

Norris Scott
January 11, 2006, 8:06 pm
Maybe not a headshot icon, instead have something similar to the 'Double Kill' text at the bottom when you get a headshot, that says "BOOM HEADSHOT"

Easier to implement it like that, I'd think.

GluLm
January 11, 2006, 9:03 pm
As many said already, Soldat doesn't need that! Not even a headshot whatever icon!
This kind of suggestion deserve to be flamed, Cr4sh. (hehehe)

Oh and,
quote:Sgt. Beaver wrote: I rather see some thing improved than new things added...

grand_diablo
January 11, 2006, 11:15 pm
good idea, but minor and not necessary, as headshots on 3-pixel heads are more luck than they could ever be skill.

peemonkey
January 11, 2006, 11:30 pm
im against this. it'd make soldat that much more like counter stike. it's not needed, and has very little relevence to how the game is actually played.

Deleted User
January 11, 2006, 11:31 pm
Jeez, um no.

Deleted User
January 12, 2006, 12:37 am
well this sucks. But i asked for it i guess

Phaylanx
January 12, 2006, 1:21 am
i like the idea because its not that easy to get a headshot,if it indicated a headshot with the last fatal shot it would be pretty cool.

Alamo
January 12, 2006, 3:49 pm
Headshots are way too coincidential for them to be special, so no. :)

Sowaka
January 12, 2006, 6:39 pm
Headshots dont really involve a players skill and if some egomaniac gets a headshot on you you'll find the whole chat log spammed with "ROFL! U sUk!" "Hedsh00t!" and "PWNED"

Notkeiran
January 12, 2006, 6:49 pm
Get a stupid barret and shoot. Most likely you will get a headshot. Let's say you spray, I think it would be really annoying to see "Headshot" since you are just spraying. What will happened if you throw a nade? Why not just make a mod for it :o.

viggoloniggolo
January 12, 2006, 7:08 pm
m79 headshot! LOL

Spas (shotgun) headshot!! Double LOL

Kenji
January 12, 2006, 7:47 pm
can you even have headshots? i mean like in counter-strike were you die if get shot in the head.. that dosent exist in soldat..?

Alamo
January 12, 2006, 8:35 pm
there are three different 'zones' you can hit.
torso gives 100% damage
head gives 120% damage
legs give 80% damage

(don't know if these values are still valid, i didn't bother to check, they were in 1.2)

Raptor
January 12, 2006, 10:25 pm
I was planning recently to post this idea (CS player) and I completely agree with it!

Echo_Trail
January 12, 2006, 11:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by Alamothere are three different 'zones' you can hit.
torso gives 100% damage
head gives 120% damage
legs give 80% damage

(don't know if these values are still valid, i didn't bother to check, they were in 1.2)

Wow.. i never realised it was that complete. actually i thought it was something like bullets having extra speed when coming from above or something.. =P
This is awesome. Good Job Mike.

John O
January 13, 2006, 1:02 am
i thought it was 125, 100, 75, but whatever.

well, if htere was a headshot icon or headshot scream at the bottom of the screen for every headshot, that could add up to a lot of stuff with the Mp5. bu maybe if it was added only if you get a kill wiht the headshot?...

im for it. i mean, how else do you know how many headshots you get? and this is a shooter, so no matter how small a head it, you always want to know if you git a headshot.

Deleted User
January 13, 2006, 1:37 am
yea i meant that it's displayed when you kill someone by headshot

mike323
January 13, 2006, 5:19 am
No, i dont think a headshot icon would be good cause then it would encourage noobie baratards to strive for the headshot...

Raptor
January 13, 2006, 11:04 pm
^^EXACTLY!!! If they do that they'll get a lower chance of killing you since shooting to the head is a lot harder than shooting to the chest.

Deleted User
January 15, 2006, 1:06 am
lol, thats a good point. And if it's loged for stats in servers and for personal use the headshot would be 'idolized'

Deleted User
January 15, 2006, 1:30 am
@Crash

Excellent idea, I love it, considering I always make head shots - BWAHAHAHA. Its very minor, itd be a cool addition that wouldnt hurt the slightest bit and would show some players accuracy. Definetly deserves to be implemented over some of these other ghey ideas people post.

@GluLm

It doesnt deserve to be flamed, please go away.

@Grand Diablo

Its certainly not luck, alot of players have aim that can perfectly hit the head a majority of the time. Not to brag, but I usually will hit their head with Semi's about 80% of the time. I get so many head shots with Barret, ive classified all of the kinds of head shots. First theres your volleyball headshot, then your frisbee headshot, the famous tigerwoods headshot, and my favorite, the uber bouncy ball headshot.

P.S.

Volleyball = Head floats intermediately up in the air and falls down.
Frisbee = Head sails slowly across the map.
Tigerwoods = Head just SHOOTS straight across the map extremely fast.
Uber bouncy ball <3 = The head flies very hard into the ceiling and bounces down to the ground and back up into the ceiling, as if you took a super bouncy ball and threw it as hard as you could upon the ground.

Deleted User
January 15, 2006, 3:06 am
barretards would be going "HEADSHOT PWNED" or "BOOM HEADSHOT" and I couldnt take it :D

Messiah
January 15, 2006, 3:50 am
k thanks valve, while your at it make another boomheadshot video for soldat cause its so original

Deleted User
January 15, 2006, 8:38 pm
try muting the noobs that abuse it then. You wouldn't want to talk to them anyways

Harwin
January 15, 2006, 9:21 pm
It is such a fast paced game so I dont think it would be practical.

Also a soldat head is like 6 pixles area to hit all in all, not much to aim for. :P

When you play to win, do you really try aiming that much to get a headshot?

He will die anyway.

GluLm
January 15, 2006, 11:50 pm
Yeah that's just pointless.
Plus, let's say I'm spraying with an mp5 and coming down from above on 4 players. I'd do 4 head shots in no time.
Headshots in a 2D game? Pfft. Retarded. This is too easy in Soldat.
This is just going nowhere. Leave this for the CS fanatics.

qazwertred
January 17, 2006, 12:22 am
Well, it would be kind of nice if there were a lil' more blood and stuff when you hit the head. Why? More blood! That's a really good thing. And there would be a way to notice if you hit the head or the torso.

(I'm a spas-user -> spas + point blank headshot + more blood and gore = :D)

All that stuff about HEADSHOT! would just be annoying. I mean, almost over 50% of the kills are headshots...

CrapBomba
January 17, 2006, 11:30 pm
I don't think it needs an icon, but I agree with Norris Scott, When you kill someone with a headshot, the bottom of the screen should say "BOOM HEADSHOT" And display this image, alpha blended over the screen:
[IMAGE]

Drink Bloody Water
January 21, 2006, 1:58 pm
I sorta care about the values.... But i just rather kill them if i can anywhere

a-4-year-old
January 21, 2006, 2:04 pm
it would be cool, and some guy that says "headshot pwned!!!!" well [CENSORED] him.

it would be fun

Deleted User
January 22, 2006, 6:35 am
quote:Originally posted by HarwinIt is such a fast paced game so I dont think it would be practical.

Also a soldat head is like 6 pixles area to hit all in all, not much to aim for. :P

When you play to win, do you really try aiming that much to get a headshot?

He will die anyway.

Its obviously not too fast paced to show how people killed another, now is it?

You aim for where he is going, so the bullet precisely lines up with his head. Its not that hard, it just takes a bit of practice and experience with how a soldat moves.

Well, head shots obviously do more damage, im sure people always aim for them. They do die anyway, but the general aim is to kill them as fast as possible, not shoot them twice and someone else kill them - Especially in DM, you dont let people get by you that you're about to kill.

- Tek -
January 23, 2006, 2:11 am
I heard there's a mod already made for this sort of thing.

Harwin
January 25, 2006, 11:06 pm
Well Extacide, unless you are using a barret, it is very hard.

With any kind of spray gun, there is gravity which makes the shot go downwards.

Plus the enemy is moving, hard to follow and aim perfectly.

But say you are using a barret, now it doesn't matter where you hit him,
he will die no matter what.

What is the point?

I rather see bugs and stuff fixed than seeing some BOOM HEADSHOT thing added.

Raptor
January 26, 2006, 2:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by GluLmYeah that's just pointless.
Plus, let's say I'm spraying with an mp5 and coming down from above on 4 players. I'd do 4 head shots in no time.
This is just going nowhere. Leave this for the CS fanatics.

Looks like you don't understand. Soldat settings doesn't have to be changed at all. It's just that if you get killed and the last bullet that killed you was right on the head, the headshot icon will appear.

GluLm
January 26, 2006, 3:16 pm
Raptor, please use your head will you? I didn't mention anything about Soldat settings or anything.
Read Harwin's post and you'll understand why it won't work in Soldat.
 Quote:Harwin wrote as a wise man:
With any kind of spray gun, there is gravity which makes the shot go downwards.
What is the point?
I rather see bugs and stuff fixed
If some people really want that "headshot" sound in Soldat, you can have one by changing the appropriate sound effect in your /sfx folder. Headhots already exist in Soldat and it doesn't need that stupid icon or whatever modification.

livingdalife
January 26, 2006, 8:52 pm
If some one could make the soldiers hust a tiny bit bigger, then it might work!

Raptor
January 26, 2006, 9:48 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by GluLmI didn't mention anything about Soldat settings or anything.
You didn't huh?
 Quote:Originally posted by GluLm
With this you are saying that with a single shot on the head you would get killed right away. Does that happen in the current soldat version?
 Quote:Originally posted by GluLmIf you really want that "headshot" sound in Soldat, you can have one by changing the appropriate sound effect in your /sfx folder. Headhots already exist in Soldat and it doesn't need that stupid icon or whatever modification.
an please you use your head because I never said anything about SFX and you can check it.

Alamo
January 26, 2006, 11:07 pm
 Quote:Soldat Manual, Version History of Soldat 1.3
- Modified bullet hit damage ratio for head, 5% less damage (current ratios: legs 90%, torso 100%, head 115%)

Found it.

EDIT: ... nice new quotes :]