( search forums )
Another one of my boring lists
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Keron Cyst
January 11, 2006, 4:49 am
Leave FlameGod as normal weapon; don't have it disappear instantly when it's discarded or its owner dies (it'll soon vanish anyways so who cares?)

Show capture/kill/point limit on F1 Stats. List

Don't let grenade-swing anim. occur if no grenades

Fluidity:
Crouch --> up anim.
Jet Up --> Jet Forward & Jet Backwards --> Jet Up

Make weapon stop reloading if holding Shoot key (more realistic, and may help tone down spraying by 0.01%)

Fix Chainsaw sound when manning SG

Captain Ben
January 11, 2006, 5:09 am
All of those I agree with.
Although, I always thought it would be fun with the flamer, as well as being treated like a normal weapon, would exlode if you dropped it from high up in the air. Just a thought.

Keron Cyst
January 11, 2006, 5:11 am
oO'

You mean like a grenade that blows when it hits the ground? 1337! Actually, I'd rather have that as its disappearing effect (you know how loose guns just vanish after some time; it disappears with a bang) :-D

And yes, the Chainsaw ripping .WAV plays right alongside the SG when you shoot it, even while it overheats (it just doesn't use the actual weapon and depletes no ammo). Pretty weird "bug"...

xtishereb
January 11, 2006, 8:19 pm
Maybe the flamer could act like a cluster fragment when thrown or dropped? Small explosion.

The F1 list definently needs this.

The grenade throw w/o nades would probably reduce lag somewhat. Right now, it kinda looks like the guys are air-guitaring when they do that.

Transition animations are a must.

Yeah, I guess that would reduce bink, for people too lazy to let go.

I gotta try that. I hope it gets fixed in the next version.

GluLm
January 11, 2006, 9:00 pm
I'm ok with all your suggestions except the grenade throw without grenades.
It's actually a good thing in my opinion. That way you can fake throwing a grenade which may (somtimes) afraid your ennemy!
I'm being serious there. Don't remove the grenade throw!!

Vijchtidoodah
January 11, 2006, 11:29 pm
I'd agree with GluLm, but for an entirely different reason. The gun jamming bug is still there and, at present, quickly pressing the grenade button is the only thing that unjams it. Until the bug is definitely squelched, the grenade animation should stay.

Augustus
January 12, 2006, 12:20 am
Maybe assign stat guns a use key, so pressing a certain button you can mount, or dismount the stat gun. Seems more realistic, and if you put away all your weapons when you're mounted, would eliminate the chainsaw problem. Also makes people who use the stat gun more vulnerable, as they can't escape quite as easily as they could before, and they can't throw nades.

Keron Cyst
January 12, 2006, 3:21 am
quote:Originally posted by Vijchtidoodah... The gun jamming bug is still there and, at present, quickly pressing the grenade button is the only thing that unjams it. Until the bug is definitely squelched, the grenade animation should stay.
I love you. I never tried that before; I always stupidly discarded and repicked up jamming weapons.

@Augustus: that'd be a waste of a whole key, don't you think? They're vulnerable as it is, and their 'nades are why you don't get close to stat. gunners before taking them out ;-)

But I -would- like to see your weapon detail (ammo, reload bar, FireInterval, etc.) change upon mounting a SG. AFAIK the bug I located seems to be a Chainsaw-unique problem; it occurs in some other situations (I forgot, sorry), completely outside of the SG.

Chonoryoku
January 16, 2006, 10:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahI'd agree with GluLm, but for an entirely different reason. The gun jamming bug is still there and, at present, quickly pressing the grenade button is the only thing that unjams it. Until the bug is definitely squelched, the grenade animation should stay.
Really? I always though you could roll or go prone as well to unjam a gun...