( search forums )
1.2.1 vs 1.3.1
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
January 11, 2006, 8:49 am
Well, its about time I posted some feedback on the comparisons between Soldat version 1.2.1 and soldat version 1.3.1 based on my experiences.

But before I continue any further.

DO NOT FLAME ME SAYING IM A WHINER AND A QUITTER! I DID NOT QUIT SOLDAT ~ SHEESH!

*cough*

Anyways...

After going back to 1.2.1 for a little while as everyone probably knows due to 1.3.1's buggehness, in all honesty its no different. The version, itself seems much less flawed in terms of bugs, and the weapon balance is equally fine with a few problems, just like the current weapon balance in 1.3.1. Continuing regarding with my statement that its no difference, id have to honestly say the playerbase is 100% foreign and/or 100% on dial up. You will NOT find a good server where there isnt 10 other people with pings that are above 250. The lag is terrible, its even worse then 1.3.1 probably, due to the fact people now warp and bullets continue to refuse to hit properly.

Unless the soldat population were to move back into 1.2.1, its pretty much hopeless to attempt to move back unless people were to actually move back in. Along with the very few people with good pings that have gone back to 1.2.1 or were already there and are pretty well known, theres not much clan activity at all. Maybe a couple of clans with not too many players to get into the clans - so there goes my hopes of getting into some clanning action in 1.2.1 which i was deprived of when 1.3 came along the day before i got into my very first clan match.

Back to 1.3.1, Im considering coming back disregarding my previous remarks of never touching that cursed version. Im better off there with everyone then dealing with a giant lag population. STILL, the game has a serious bug with registering and every other bug thats been around ever since its release. For Geo and Chakra who ask for evidence, I have here, over 130 demos, just from a weeks worth of playing 1.3.1 a few hours a day of instances where bullets would NOT register, multiple or once, with guns such as barret, desert eagles, ruger, and m79/grenades and especially the knife. Yes, I did secretly go back to begin gathering evidence under a secret name. (Guess it and you get a cookie!)

But in conclusion, 1.2.1 doesnt have the playerbase for it to be worth my time, while 1.3.1 is bugged up the arse with problems that make an equivalent to those of 1.2.1 with laggers. To be logical, im better off going back to 1.3.1. Perhaps someday, michal will work up a solution to the problems of 1.3.1...or maybe everyone might make up their mind to come back to an older version where the guns were stronger and the bugs werent noticable. I have to admit...i missed the backflip.

Chakra`
January 11, 2006, 9:31 am
well heck, any smartass (such as myself) could've told ya this guv. Not even moses could get enough of a player-base back onto 1.2.1. Can honestly say I foresaw this scenario, but more through experience than wisdom. Ya just can't turn back time :|

As for the evidence, best thing you can do is email or PM michal with a a few demos, and give him your computer stats as well as anything else you can give. Dxdiag reports, logs, list of other items being run on the computer at the same time, etc.. It's the only way to help. He does read all the little things people send to him, so don't think he'll ignore you.

...as for anyone else about to post in this topic, keep it clean...alright? getting tired of all the trolling and spam around here.

Jap_man
January 11, 2006, 11:07 am
Well, I'd have to say that v1.3.1 is much better than v1.2.1. Firstly because of the obvious, if v1.2.1 was so much better, then why do players still stick to the current, "crap version". Really, if the problem was that bad, then players would just simply, play the older version. Obviously, most players are able to tolerate the problems in 1.3.1 and haven't been forced back to playing previous versions (1.2.1 in particular) in a large mass.

Secondly, 1.3.1 is much better than 1.2.1, in the sense that there is more to a clan war, than to use an auto, and spray madly at your opponents. Clan wars in 1.2.1 were downright horrible, aswell as some public matches that I played, some players just fired like crazy, until they had to reload. It was impossible for a player to move around in a small map like viet, without being hit. And it's not only the autos that were abit of a problem, in the weapon balance, the LAW was unbelievably easy to use. It didn't require much skill, as required in 1.3.1 (or 1.3) and although being a LAW user since 1.2, I am greatfull that these changes have been made, because now it takes skill for anyone to use a LAW.

Thirdly, there are so many different things you can do with the latest version of Soldat which you were unable to do with 1.2.1. You can modify weapons settings to what you please, you can throw the flag to your team-mates, you can see where your team-mates are, you can do backflips etc.

But although that, 1.3.1 still does have its faults, I still believe that the weapons settings still has not met its full potential, and that the only way to find out the perfect weapons settings, is to try something new every version, by doing so, we learn from our experiences from that version and do something about it in the next version.

Also Extacide, I have not experienced the problems of the nature, that you have posted many times. Either that, or I have not taken the time to notice such a problem. But really, many people do not experience those kinds of problems, if many people did experience the same problem as you do, then servers would be littered of players crying "omfg hit" or something like that, but with my experience from the last couple of versions, the ammount of players crying that, repeadetly has not risen, infact I would have to say that they have decreased. Perhaps it's a problem with the server, or something is up with your PC, I really don't know.

_Mancer_
January 11, 2006, 11:51 am
Toldja you would come back (I just had to say it, sorry)

KvN
January 11, 2006, 12:26 pm
Come back?
Life's too short dude. Can we not just play and enjoy for now? =D

Pero
January 11, 2006, 1:59 pm
Omg i could send you hours of demos with shots not registering, beleive me.But [CENSORED] happens nobody is forcing u to play this game.Shot doesn't register, [CENSORED] it just play on.And you dont need to make an investigation or something,its lame.All players know that some hits just dont register, so what.

person
January 11, 2006, 3:06 pm
Pero, you don't have a clue about the issue I am sorry. If you please look at the shots not registering thread, you'll hopefully come across some information that may at first come across as being rather startling. It may open up a whole new view of how things work in fact.

But basically - the situation is different for everyone, and some people do have real and serious problems with shots not registering, while others do not.

Please, before you start abusing someone, have some kind of decency and not just be a completely ignorant prick. Thank you.

Ok
January 11, 2006, 6:40 pm
Ah another 1.2.1 fan...
Just a wild guess, out of the blue!
You started playing AFTER 1.1.5 .. right right?

The only thing wrong with this versio are the bugs, that doesnt mean other versions were better, because bugs can be easly fixed. easly compared to balance.

1.3.1 is disapointing exactly those players who possed a problem by developing the wrong parts of Soldat..
Making it easier, spraying and camping.

In publics anyways, that means the future generations of soldat will hopefully NOT be sprayers or campers, because both of those are much less usefull.

With the help of the soldat guide, I truely believe the next generation of Soldat will be much more skilled and fun to play with.

I can see right now how "veterans" from 1.2.1 :) will whined about how they miss the "good old" days.
Oh joy :D

_Mancer_
January 11, 2006, 9:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ok
I can see right now how "veterans" from 1.2.1 :) will whined about how they miss the "good old" days.
Oh joy :D

lal.

Deleted User
January 11, 2006, 9:21 pm
quote:Also Extacide, I have not experienced the problems of the nature, that you have posted many times. Either that, or I have not taken the time to notice such a problem. But really, many people do not experience those kinds of problems, if many people did experience the same problem as you do, then servers would be littered of players crying "omfg hit" or something like that, but with my experience from the last couple of versions, the ammount of players crying that, repeadetly has not risen, infact I would have to say that they have decreased. Perhaps it's a problem with the server, or something is up with your PC, I really don't know.

Well, you need to look around and take notice to people more. I dont know about you, but I see plenty of others such as myself having serious issues with 1.3.1 in terms of shots registering properly. And about your comment towards 1.2.1, unfortanately many people are dead set on just dealing with it and would rather stick to the community, or for some odd reason dont experience the registering problems at all...

_Mancer_
January 11, 2006, 10:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by Extacidequote:Also Extacide, I have not experienced the problems of the nature, that you have posted many times. Either that, or I have not taken the time to notice such a problem. But really, many people do not experience those kinds of problems, if many people did experience the same problem as you do, then servers would be littered of players crying "omfg hit" or something like that, but with my experience from the last couple of versions, the ammount of players crying that, repeadetly has not risen, infact I would have to say that they have decreased. Perhaps it's a problem with the server, or something is up with your PC, I really don't know.

Well, you need to look around and take notice to people more. I dont know about you, but I see plenty of others such as myself having serious issues with 1.3.1 in terms of shots registering properly. And about your comment towards 1.2.1, unfortanately many people are dead set on just dealing with it and would rather stick to the community, or for some odd reason dont experience the registering problems at all...

I see maybe one a day. And thats if I play a lot.

Your the only one.

Swarmer
January 11, 2006, 10:45 pm
quote:I see maybe one a day. And thats if I play a lot.

Your the only one.

That's a pretty interesting use of logic. I guess you represent everyone.

I think I'm going to gather demos of when i DO hit someone. I'll have like 4 per week.

I am very positive that this is a problem that does not affect everyone. Just like how the double invisible nade bug happened in 1.3 only when you had a saw out. Maybe this bug is also triggered by something subtle that certain people do and easily overlook. Maybe Exta and I both have our controls set the same, or maybe it's only if we are unregistered, or only if we use X number of nades per game. It sounds pretty obscure, but so did the double nade thing. A second, invisible nade that was thrown only when you had the saw out? That sounds rediculous. But it was real. (And I'm glad it got fixed because that extra nade would kill me so often, more than it killed other people).

This isn't a complaint about when shots don't hit once in a while. That has always been around. It's when they don't hit EVER. Consider yourself lucky that it is not happening to you.

Anyways, there's no reason why we would make any of this up. I don't know about Exta, but the MAGNITUDE of this problem when I play is ENORMOUS. Literally (and not exaggerated one bit), only one out of every 2-3 nades I throw actually register. Only half of my saw hits register. Maybe it is the opposite of the double nade bug. Maybe now I only throw half the amount of nades that I should.
And this happens EVERY GAME, EVERY SERVER, even offline. Even if you don't believe me, just imagine for a moment that what I am saying is true. Wouldn't you agree that it is a problem and needs to be fixed? Why would I make this up, and quit a game I loved for so long?

Deleted User
January 11, 2006, 10:49 pm
Aye, ive had shots not register on me before, but i dont complain about it...i just "lol" or "crap" it off and move on.
Sure i hope this gets fixed, and my favorite version was 1.2.1 but i still play the newest version out there and always will.
To me 1.2.1 weapon balance was perfect in my eyes and i would miss all the cool 1.3.1 features but if michal somehow disabled the lobby servers or whatever for 1.3 and 1.3.1 and forced everyone back to 1.2.1 for good, i wouldnt care one bit...in fact i would be happy...but thats all my opinion.
Anyways i hope all of the bugs get fixed, but remember guys when you get frustrated or mad when your shots dont register, just walk away for a few minutes and cool off, its not THAT big a deal, only a game :\

Deleted User
January 11, 2006, 11:26 pm
Well, when I went back to 1.2.1, I did experience some bugs and laggy buisness.

Ok: I know bugs can be fixed. But its just that MM cannot completely fix them. Its as if their a virus.
Gone for a while but it will return. ex.) Crouching bug.

Extacide: This version is way more balanced in weapons then any other version. I know some shots dont
register and like a week ago, I was spazzing out because I was in U13 server and my nades were not killing.
I felt like slapping MM.

I was thinking of actually making a Movie of many non-registering moments and stuff. Im to lazy for that
but I think its weird... cuz in your screen it shows that it hit, but in other people's screens... it didnt.
So its LAGGG.

headstone
January 11, 2006, 11:55 pm
Nades don 't always kill, btw. That's not a registering problem, they just aren't always one hit kill.

GAMEOVER
January 11, 2006, 11:57 pm
Just fix the register problems once and for all and ill be happy. Some people say it only happens once a day while others complain about it more. How about every single game you play having it happen to you? Not 1 game goes by that I smash a nade or 2 or 3 on someone and they just carry on. I have just learned to accept it, I hope to see it fixed and thats all I can say.

m00`
January 12, 2006, 10:44 am
There is no major shot registering problems, the only problems I have is with the chainsaw as many people are, but whats all this bullshyt about your bullets not registering, I have yet to experience bullets not registering so badly to stop me from playing Soldat, don't you think your overeacting with the whining/complaints, the netcode wasnt changed since 1.2.1 but now your calling 1.2.1 the "OH SO COOL VETERAN VERSION WITH SUPER LEET FUN THAT MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND"

1.3.1 owns 1.2.1 but your shoving excuses down our throats to quit 1.3.1 mainly because you hate the weapon balance (im guessing ;)

Deleted User
January 12, 2006, 5:56 pm
I seem to notice a huge amount of M79 shells and laws shells not affecting anybody in a lot of public servers. The good servers like Leos and U13 don't have this problem but for the other 100% of servers out there I see it happen atleast 2 times to a flag capture. It happens to me to, they just hit and stall me moving on forward. It should be addressed and looked at soon.

=/

Deleted User
January 12, 2006, 6:42 pm
Yeah, 1.2.1 was the best times I had on Soldat when it was the recent version. With Evo's R/S Ctf it was heaven D: Not to say that 1.3 hasan't been fun, it has been awsome as well. Just isn't the same without the main meeting place for r/s, especially since |n|8|v| Io.Sys' servers closed.

XenocidE
January 12, 2006, 7:32 pm
For I didn't read everyone's posts. But this issues have been brought up a few dozen times now. I for one as tired of it. 1.2.1 is a superb version and will always love it. 1.3.1 is good just because of all the things implamented. But the games have just gotten completely slow paced and not as much fun as they used to be. Everyone used to just play with respect for eachother. There was the occasionally annoyance in servers, but that passed. Now I see everyone pissed off at eachother as if it's the versions fault. The community has changed more then the versions have. That's the real change.

Deleted User
January 12, 2006, 8:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by m00`There is no major shot registering problems, the only problems I have is with the chainsaw as many people are, but whats all this bullshyt about your bullets not registering, I have yet to experience bullets not registering so badly to stop me from playing Soldat, don't you think your overeacting with the whining/complaints, the netcode wasnt changed since 1.2.1 but now your calling 1.2.1 the "OH SO COOL VETERAN VERSION WITH SUPER LEET FUN THAT MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND"

1.3.1 owns 1.2.1 but your shoving excuses down our throats to quit 1.3.1 mainly because you hate the weapon balance (im guessing ;)

Moo, I never once said the netcode was changed. Its been bugged from the very start. The only reason its so noticable now especially in 1.3 and 1.3.1 is because with weaker weapons, well, if it takes 4 shots to kill someone naturally with desert eagles, you have a greater chance of a shot not registering due to missing packets, so it might just take 6, even 7 shots. The ruger may take up to 3-4, and its very noticable when you see a bullet fly through their head once or twice on your second shot and it does nothing.

Chakra`
January 12, 2006, 10:12 pm
Yeah, ok, we've been over this a dozen times boys and girls..

Extacide gets it, a few others get it, I've yet to get it and so has everyone else. And the shots not registering is even worse ;)

This is the 'facts'.

If it's happening to some, and not to others, 'someone' has to at least have a clue, even a hunch, as to whats causing it so Michal can get closer to fixing it. Client side? server side? all in your mind? Who knows. No one's bothered to look.

If you get these problems, try different things with your computer's setup. Backround programmes, drivers, bit rate, full screen vs windows, anything. If you're a server, don't settle for default settings; try new things. If people complain on your server, look into it.

Ok
January 12, 2006, 10:23 pm
"These are the facts"
innit :P

Swarmer
January 12, 2006, 10:24 pm
I dont know the deal with bullets; I havent used a gun in years. But as Moo said, the saw is seriously messed up. And as Gameover and many people said, nades are completely messed up. At least for some people.

By the way, from my experience, the pings of the players are irrelevant. I've had theses misses happen consistently with people with ping as low as 10. Still, It probably does have something to do with online play, because it doesn't really happen with bots with the same frequency as online.

John O
January 13, 2006, 6:30 pm
so, where can i get the 1.2.1 weapons.ini? i wanna use em.

Deleted User
January 13, 2006, 7:35 pm
:/ They should be in your Soldat folder.

John O
January 14, 2006, 12:14 am
1.2.1 weapons ini? i thought someone just said they were different than 1.3.1, cuz that what i have.

_Mancer_
January 14, 2006, 4:09 am
quote:Originally posted by SwarmerI dont know the deal with bullets; I havent used a gun in years. But as Moo said, the saw is seriously messed up. And as Gameover and many people said, nades are completely messed up. At least for some people.

By the way, from my experience, the pings of the players are irrelevant. I've had theses misses happen consistently with people with ping as low as 10. Still, It probably does have something to do with online play, because it doesn't really happen with bots with the same frequency as online.

I recall you using mp5 numerous times.

Deleted User
January 14, 2006, 5:35 am
whats wrong with MP5?

other than I use it? and now it's a power cannon. Other than that I still love it.

I find steyer more powerfull

Morik
January 16, 2006, 4:16 am
come to think of it, i really havent noticed much "hit and yet miss" shots recently. The most annoying thing is when your aiming in front of a guy, leading him, and shoot. At this time the guy decides to warp 5 feet and u completly miss. But this is due to server or location, not netcode. There will always be a slight lag. (very minute..)

Swarmer
January 16, 2006, 7:10 pm
MP5? ho ho ho. That must've been half a year ago. Yes, I understand that "Haven't used a gun in years" is an exaggeration. Obviously I've used some once in while, but none more than an hour or so.