( search forums )
Team Match CTF
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Norris Scott
January 11, 2006, 8:09 pm
Just thought it'd be a fun idea. Basically it's team match, but CTF style with a red, blue, green and yellow flag.

Four bases for each team, and just like if you've ever been in a CTF server with a guy on Delta or Charlie, one person can carry multiple flags. I think this would be a great new game type, as it'd be havoc on a wide scale. One team has three targets they can go for instead of just one, so it also adds variety and would give map-makers a challenge to come up with good maps for the type.

Thoughts?

rabidhamster
April 24, 2006, 8:46 pm
YES! I've always wanted a green flag! YES YES YES! This would have the coolest gameplay ever!

Plus it'd be a great challenge for mapmakers.

Edited cause I'm grammar retard

zyxstand
April 24, 2006, 9:57 pm
eh, will get too complicated but it's not a bad idea....

zaraza
April 24, 2006, 10:03 pm
 Quote:and would give map-makers a challenge to come up with good maps for the type.

Hell yes! Only few map would be good enouhg to give equal chances to all the teams, but we have awesome mapmakers, don't we? ;)

So this would be fun. I wonder how it would look like...

Drink Bloody Water
April 24, 2006, 10:32 pm
Yup, i think its a good idea. and it would be a great challenge for map makers coming up with a high quality map instead of some crappy 10 minute one. *thumbs up*

a-4-year-old
April 24, 2006, 10:40 pm
quad-clanmatches!

ME LOVES IT
but there is always the problem with the huge lack of people in teammatch, like 1-2 people on most teams than 4 on the winning team

HYPERFUNKBOT
April 25, 2006, 1:53 am
Yeah, that's why you play on servers like Leo's where people change teams willingly when the teams become unbalanced.

XenocidE
April 27, 2006, 12:16 am
I actually thought about this idea once. I'm seeing some problems in the map layouts though. Considering the fact that Soldat is 2D so, 2 teams are going to have a hieght advantage against the two teams that spanw low. Unless the maps were really big, like ctf_Run size, but only more in a Square shaped map, instead of just long.

Also, teams that are closest to each other would mainly go after that flag. And how someone else mentioned before, it'd be hard to get enough people to play. Even if there are 2 players on each team. It's still not quite that actionpacked. It's a good idea, but I don't see it coming into play, unless it'd be easier to switch between a Team Match CTF game after a regular CTF map finished (which is an idea that i'm going to suggest here shortly).

Deleted User
April 27, 2006, 1:32 am
These problems can be fixed xeno, by this simple drawing!:

[IMAGE]
-or-
[IMAGE]

Rai-Dei
April 27, 2006, 1:34 am
Fully Agree,Awsome idea I hope it will be done!

Deleted User
April 27, 2006, 2:29 am
Not bad at all.

Keron Cyst
April 27, 2006, 3:12 am
Map concepts would still be bad. Zamorak's drawings are still poor in representation; in the top pic., Bravo and Delta would crush Charlie and Alpha, who would always have to resort to defending (even if B & D simply resorted to ignoring them and killing each other, as grenades and other projectiles would fly downward). The bottom pic. is just two pairs of CTF teams going at it, as heading for the other two farther away is unreasonable considering the distance.

Dynamic flag & team spawns which occasionally rotate around a diamond-shaped level would be the most efficient construct.

rabidhamster
April 27, 2006, 3:29 am
 Quote:Originally posted by XenocidEI actually thought about this idea once. I'm seeing some problems in the map layouts though. Considering the fact that Soldat is 2D so, 2 teams are going to have a hieght advantage et cetera et cetera
That's why the map makers would enjoy making the maps. They'd be kinda like Kampf. Because of height advantages, bases would have to be different in layout.

David S7
April 27, 2006, 4:29 am
It seems cool. I would like to try it ;) .

Koon
April 27, 2006, 4:46 am
Heh, It's always fun to start your own server and when theres a lot of people on switch a couple guys to delta and you can run around with both flags. It would change everything if we could actually score, :D

David S7
April 27, 2006, 6:07 am
It will be kinda difficult, but still fun.

Aegis
April 27, 2006, 6:14 am
It would be really hard in my opinion. Now not only will you have to chase down an enemy flagger, but you have to know which team stole it! :D And just think about 4-way stalemates, where everyone has eachother's flag <.< heh. Funny idea though, in retrospect.

Zegovia
April 27, 2006, 10:21 am
It would be fun, the matches would become messy as hell!

I think a important thing would to balance the maps so all the routes to the other teams are equally difficult to travel....

youd had to keep an eye out for several EFC and FFCS, you can gun down a enemy EFC that dosent have your flag and take it instead.... :D

I LOVE IT!!

Deleted User
April 27, 2006, 10:38 am
Thats actually an awesome idea IMO... The gameplay would be so cool

Tybs
April 27, 2006, 12:36 pm
Sounds great ^^. Im sure there are some map makers around who are capable of creating a good map for this.

MOFO NOFO
April 27, 2006, 1:12 pm
This would be so fun :).

edak
April 27, 2006, 2:46 pm
That is such a wicked idea!!! Get some good maps made JIC

Deleted User
April 27, 2006, 3:55 pm
OMG I always Wanted this MM you should add this to soldat!

PixelNinja
April 29, 2006, 9:35 pm
[IMAGE]
This would /own

Leo
April 29, 2006, 10:29 pm
4 teams ? WTF ? I like it :D

bond_james_bond
April 29, 2006, 10:35 pm
Thumbs Up. Please let this be in the next Soldat version!!

Drink Bloody Water
April 30, 2006, 2:03 am
Omg Scores everywhere o_O but, its still a pretty good idea! Lol, nice drawing pixel.

diediedie119
May 1, 2006, 8:52 am
COOL.
16 players on each team ^^
LoVe It
HoPe It GeTs ImPlEmEnTeD

Da cHeeSeMaN
May 1, 2006, 9:01 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Keron Cyst Dynamic flag & team spawns which occasionally rotate around a diamond-shaped level would be the most efficient construct.

Now that would be cool.
That is the perfect way to do it like everytime your team caps your base changes!

Keron Cyst
May 1, 2006, 6:56 pm
Hah. I see at least one person reads. Thanks, man

PixelNinja's image is still lopsided, favoring Alpha and Charlie.