( search forums )
Techniques For Runnin'!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
martinmarta
January 12, 2006, 12:27 am
I noticed that I am the slowest runner... everyone outruns me!

I watched them but I still can't imitate their speed... so, what are some speed techniques?

Gortaak
January 12, 2006, 12:36 am
every time you hit the ground hit your jump button, kinda like "bunny hopping" in painkiller or Quake, also time you jets just right to catch speed boosts, it just takes practice :) also the better you know the map, the faster you will be able to move on it

Antifate
January 12, 2006, 12:49 am
Tips for speed.

Minisurfing - simply point your minigun the opposite way, jet pack in the air, and fire, the recoil will fly you around.

Grenade boost - throw a grenade on the ground, jump and hover in front or it, it will explode, sending you flying foward.

M79 boost - point your m79 behind you and try to shoot and jump at the same time, you will be boosted to the side.

Jump walk - all you do is jump while walking, simply hold a direction, and press up and you will jump in that direction, hold a direction and press up numberous times, and you will jump faster and faster.

Jet pack - know when you need to use your jet pack. Use it over gaps. When you see a gap, do not stop, jump over as much of the gap as you can, and use your momentum and jet pack to quickly boost you over. Do not use too much jet pack fuel, it will slow you down. You need to use your jet pack as a "carrier" for the momentum of your jump.

GAMEOVER
January 12, 2006, 1:23 am
prone and jet works to for quick access some where just make sure to get out of prone before your jets run out.

Deleted User
January 12, 2006, 1:25 am
lol yah just nade-kamikazi urself XD

Chonoryoku
January 12, 2006, 1:36 am
Another speed tip: slam a grenade into a collider while passing it for a speed boost. Hit your grenade key when your soldier is about 1 real-life centimeter away from it and hold it down. He'll release it just as he passes it, and the explosion will boost him away. If you do it right you'll make it away with minimal damage. Very useful on B2B and Voland... I don't know why almost nobody does it, especially in clanwars. The only person I've seen do it is Astray, and some other people on pubs.

lithium
January 12, 2006, 2:36 am
Practice, yo. One thing to do is essentially run and tap the jump button more or less constantly. Not enough to lift you really high, but enough to let you move quickly and not get stuck on polys.

Melba
January 12, 2006, 4:50 pm
It'll come sooner or later martinmarta. After a while you wont even think about it, it'll just come naturally.
In the meantime, just play :)

Borus
January 12, 2006, 7:26 pm
Knowing when to use the jump button will help you the most. Bunnyhopping can slow you down at sometimes, if you hit a point in the map wrong, Run at hills using bunnyhopping, land using standard walking/1 jump, then repeat the process, careful not to hit any things on the way.

martinmarta
January 12, 2006, 7:37 pm
Ah, the art of running...

Thank you everyone.

Xanthophobia
January 12, 2006, 8:56 pm
Make sure you don't hold the jump button when you jump, it'll slow ya down. Just tap it enough to get off the ground.

a-4-year-old
January 12, 2006, 9:22 pm
no, than you only get a bit o' speed, if you want to jump fast, time your jets so you dont hit the max hight, hit it as you are slowing down so you maitain speed.

Raptor
January 12, 2006, 10:18 pm
Man, I jump (like Gortaak said) all the time to get high speeds, I just can't stand pressing the "D" button only =/

mike323
January 12, 2006, 11:41 pm
If you need to quickly get up, jump-run towards slanted land and time it so that you are almost touching the slant at the height of your jump. Then, tap up over and over again.

Antifate
January 13, 2006, 1:04 pm
Grenade boosting damages people JUST enough to get killed by 2 shots with a ruger, guarenteed. By all means. GRENADE BOOST ALL THE WAY!

Yuth
January 27, 2006, 5:17 am
Walk either side and hit jump while walking. ^^

thekingkitty
January 27, 2006, 5:52 am
omg why are people still talking about this??

gonza
January 27, 2006, 7:33 am
You guys are repeating eachother basicly saying the same thing

Chakra`
January 27, 2006, 11:26 am
Welcome to Soldat Forums gonza.

(hmm, maybe Ender was right. Remove post counts altogether...)

Ok
January 27, 2006, 3:16 pm
Seriously, am I the only one who thinks this is a great opportunity to post this link??
http://www.soldatforums.com/forum.asp?forum_id=94

I mean, wtf are we making a guide for!?!?!!?!?!?
Go to The begginers guide (Yes its a begginers question)

The sad fact is, soldat became so easy weapon wise, that players learn to kill faster than they learn how to move.
Anyhow, read the first post (try all of it, you might find it usefull) if not, just go down until u get to where Jump/skipping and other movment tips are presented.
IF you have any more questions, feel free to post them in the SOLDAT GUIDE forum.. and not in general discussion. please I beg of u.

Maka
January 27, 2006, 4:17 pm
This is why I love Soldat. Although it seems like a very simple game at first glance, there are tons of things you need to master, like running, predicting enemy movement and figuring out how to compensate for the bullet arcs, the art of /secret, and much more. Quote:Originally posted by Chakra`(hmm, maybe Ender was right. Remove post counts altogether...)How about instead of post count, we have "Member Sence:" and "Posts Per Day:"?

WOAH! NEW QUOTE BOXES! COOOOL

thekingkitty
January 27, 2006, 4:29 pm
listen to OK...dont let all of the communty's hard work go to waste :(

person
January 27, 2006, 4:39 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Chakra`Welcome to Soldat Forums gonza.

I agree with it.

gonza
January 28, 2006, 2:37 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Chakra`Welcome to Soldat Forums gonza.

i guess but WHATS THE POINT OF REPEATING PEOPLE.