( search forums )
ctf_Jungleskirmish
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Scrooge
January 12, 2006, 9:30 am
This is my second map (1st was ctf_mud) and I hope that it is an improvement to my last map wich wasn't very good:( This is also my first attempt at shading so feedback on that would be good:) So please download and send me some feedback!
[URL]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]
Enjoy!

Raptor
January 12, 2006, 3:56 pm
Omg man come on... change the bg colors they make the map look ugly =/
The shading is moderatedly good, but make it darker, and you should place sceneries better.

Pretty good to be your 2nd map!

viggoloniggolo
January 12, 2006, 4:15 pm
yes, if youre bored of adding grass4, grass2, grass1, grass3 or whatsoever, use the texture called
"jablko" or pick a custom texture "crappo" for example and copy the edge of jablko and paste it in the textures/edges und rename the "copy of jablko" to crappo. Nice, grassy texture.

That is for 1.2 users.... 8-\

Eagles_Arrows
January 13, 2006, 2:27 am
Keep working on your polys, they look very weird.

Scrooge
January 13, 2006, 2:58 am
The polys where the flags are and the floating one uptop are ment to be all "pointy". Dont ask why I just basicly felt like it:)

Eagles_Arrows
January 13, 2006, 3:05 am
lol...

Scrooge
January 13, 2006, 3:09 am
I thought the background was fine but heres a better background for you. Its more jungle like.

[IMAGE]

[URL]

Raptor
January 13, 2006, 3:39 am
Well, at least this looks 70% better than the last one =)

Scrooge
January 13, 2006, 10:04 am
Thanks every one!

Michal
January 13, 2006, 7:42 pm
The background was actually much better before, it looked like a natural dawn/dusk sky...
It only looked odd because the poly colour is a too highly saturated green.
I suggest you go back to the old background and just colour the polys with a more natural looking green.

Scrooge
January 14, 2006, 5:49 am
ok thanks:)