( search forums )
Avion flu (possible next pandemic)
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Deleted User
January 12, 2006, 8:59 pm
idono if this thing is over or not, but who is prepared for it......what will you guys do when it becomes a pandemic?

AerialAssault
January 12, 2006, 9:22 pm
i'm not too worried about it here in smalltown USA

?
January 12, 2006, 9:25 pm
aa don't you live in savannah? that not a small town.

peemonkey
January 12, 2006, 9:43 pm
IF it hits the shores of this great country with over 10 instances, me, my girl, my dog, my brother and his girl are all going up to my brother and i's property in Shingletown, CA with all our guns, ammo, food rations and propane. our grandfather left us with not only great memories, but a great place to hold up. <3 the forest

nfsjunkie91
January 12, 2006, 9:44 pm
you get it from birds, and i believe it is spelled avian.

Deleted User
January 12, 2006, 9:45 pm
Ill turn on my superhero powers and become SuperPoop to fight all diseases.

Why, I ask, Why is there fear when the Poop is here?

AerialAssault
January 12, 2006, 9:52 pm
there are worse diseases to worry about. like SUPERAIDS! :o

grand_diablo
January 12, 2006, 10:32 pm
Bird flu bird flu
whatcha gonna do
whatcha gonna do when it comes for you? :X

Michal
January 12, 2006, 10:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by dascooidono if this thing is over or not, but who is prepared for it......what will you guys do when it becomes a pandemic?

lol dascoo, I'm guessing you watched that CBC special last night :P
I watched it, it was very interesting.

To be honest I don't think this flu will become the next pandemic, but I do think a serious pandemic will hit eventually...
I think the best plan is to just stock up on enough food and water for a few months. That way you and your family can stay home once the sh*t hits the fan.

Deleted User
January 12, 2006, 10:47 pm
yup i watched some of it, and it scares the [CENSORED] outta me.........people who live in small towns would get alot of people from the city

Milkman Dan
January 12, 2006, 11:57 pm
Haha the NZ government has already found an island big enough to put all the people from the airport onto incase it hits and they're too late to turn around.

Deleted User
January 13, 2006, 12:56 am
Swine flu!

Deleted User
January 13, 2006, 1:08 am
beware of superaids, it was on southpark

Vijchtidoodah
January 13, 2006, 3:40 am
quote:Originally posted by nfsjunkie91you get it from birds, and i believe it is spelled avian.

You don't get it from birds. Someone else does and then gives it to you.

Anyway, we've already developed some pretty powerful drugs against this thing. If it begins to spread any more than it already has, we can scale up and save a lot of people. Sucks for the poor countries, though.

Melba
January 13, 2006, 2:18 pm
Bird flu hasn't been known to be spread from human to human.
Only bird -> human... yet.

UGK
January 13, 2006, 2:55 pm
SmallPocs!

Vijchtidoodah
January 14, 2006, 2:37 am
quote:Originally posted by MelbaBird flu hasn't been known to be spread from human to human.
Only bird -> human... yet.

Wrong. There have been cases of it spreading from one person to another, but it seems to stop after just one transfer.

peemonkey
January 14, 2006, 4:23 am
well it keeps on evolving, i still say a massive bird hollocaust is in order.

Cookie.
January 14, 2006, 6:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by dascooidono if this thing is over or not, but who is prepared for it......what will you guys do when it becomes a pandemic?

I'm probably done :p I live in a city of 5 million people and close to china town with an incredibly high density of people with chickens hanging in everybodys window :p

Deleted User
January 14, 2006, 9:30 pm
yay bird flu

Deleted User
January 15, 2006, 11:58 pm
i thought toronto only had 3 million 0_0