( search forums )
Not being rude, I just can't stand you, thats all
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Chakra`
January 13, 2006, 5:19 am

Ello, you [CENSORED]s.

Through the magic of editing the line 'Console_Show=1' to 'Console_Show=0' in the soldat.ini file, I have successfully disabled chat in-game.

Consequently, for anyone who thinks i'm ignoring them in-game, i'm not....well I am, I just can't see you chat.

No longer must I find myself playing with idiotics, morons and the annoying. I can simply just get by, having a nice game, in peace and bloody quiet. Ignorance truly is bliss.

Unfortunately, kinda puts a down-turn on using taunts tactically, but so far it more than makes up for it. Too many whiners, moaners and groaners out there that I just find too damned annoying!

Milkman Dan
January 13, 2006, 5:45 am
Chakra, Chakra i need my insulin! Where did you hide it??!!!! NOO PLEASE REPLY!!!!

What if THAT happens?? Didnt think this through didja

Deleted User
January 13, 2006, 5:51 am
awwww wasted my time.

Echo_Trail
January 13, 2006, 6:24 am
Aw, i dunno, Chak. I think ppl has improved on this matter alot lately. I mean, whenever somebody whines, they're told to shut up, or are kicked as spammers/whiners.
Hehe.. Chakra` has the mind of a retired guy in the working class. He just want's peace and quiet, while listening to Andrea Buchelli(I have NO idea how to spell this). Face it, you getting old, pal. You're like, the uncle of soldat. =]

I see how this can be.. relaxing, but I gotta say, I actually enjoy the "conversations" you have ingame. Some might not be all too intellectual(or wha'ever), but it's fun.

frogboy
January 13, 2006, 6:28 am
quote:Originally posted by EnEsCeawwww wasted my time.

No - he saved you time. Now for that mute-all hack* all you need to do is edit soldat.ini!

* before you all go on about hacks being bad, the word hack can be used in a positive manner for "a clever or quick fix to a computer program problem".

Chakra`
January 13, 2006, 6:43 am
A mute-all hack (something i've been begging Enesce for) would still be appreciated. I can still see peoples chat popping up above their head unfortunately ...

And it would seem apparent we ain't had the same lucky experiences EchoTrail. Seems everywhere I go lately theres someone whining or looking for a fight, acting immaturely and even TK'ing. I just want none of it.

The Geologist
January 13, 2006, 6:55 am
But..but how will I heckle you if I manage to catch you in game?

reckon
January 13, 2006, 7:54 am
OH NO CHAKRA IS BETTER THAN US!

thekingkitty
January 13, 2006, 8:38 am
"And it would seem apparent we ain't had the same lucky experiences EchoTrail. Seems everywhere I go lately theres someone whining or looking for a fight, acting immaturely and even TK'ing. I just want none of it."

Might as well not play soldat ever again.

Chakra`
January 13, 2006, 10:11 am
..or....just ...do what i'm doing now?

thekingkitty
January 13, 2006, 10:45 am
You can.......but.....sould you?

The Geologist
January 13, 2006, 10:50 am
Yes, since many people playing Soldat have less than two squirrel farts to say.

Melba
January 13, 2006, 1:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by frogboyquote:Originally posted by EnEsCeawwww wasted my time.

No - he saved you time. Now for that mute-all hack* all you need to do is edit soldat.ini!

* before you all go on about hacks being bad, the word hack can be used in a positive manner for "a clever or quick fix to a computer program problem".

Actually all you have to do is uncheck a box in soldat options, so it's even easier. I think it's silly though

Deleted User
January 13, 2006, 9:17 pm
Tell my wife I... naaaarg!

Ok
January 13, 2006, 9:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`

Too many whiners, moaners and groaners out there that I just find too damned annoying!

Oh I remember the 2wai days when I used to suffer little o' chaky stopping in the middle of a match , watching me die a horrible death by a camper while he says "How about using a real gun you pussy"

And now look at him!
And even with that, I still love the guy.
God that british charm...
He's like austin powers! so damn ugly yet everyone like him...

January 13, 2006, 9:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`Too many whiners, moaners and groaners out there that I just find too damned annoying!

Errp errp errp hypocrite!

.alex.oner.
January 13, 2006, 10:27 pm
and now how am i suppose to talk to you now? havent seen you in irc for god knows how long, so if i finally do see you in-game, well, we wont be able to catch up.. ah well..

ps/ i bought 2 new task force albums, ft chester p, rodney p, braintask, yungun, and a whole buncha other uk hiphop artists..

Raptor
January 13, 2006, 10:34 pm
I don't need to disable anything in order to have a good game. I just ignore them and everytime they insult me, I say: "No peaky penglich" xD

a-4-year-old
January 14, 2006, 6:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by The GeologistYes, since many people playing Soldat have less than two squirrel farts to say.

*squirl fart* *squirl fa-*

anyway, if i ever see chakra' in game, ill be sure to start talking to you.

edit: CHAKRA'IS TEH HAX0R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Spectral
January 14, 2006, 7:24 pm
Chakra you can't just ignore what people say?

Ok
January 14, 2006, 7:34 pm
Its kinda hard, flashing up there with all the rest of the data like "Mister moron returend the flag"

etc etc...

However, I find it much easier to just /mute whoever I want...
Its not THAT bad , that you actualy have to mute everyone..

KvN
January 14, 2006, 8:02 pm
I do agree with Chakra`, there's a lot of whiners and complainers. One moment they talk about noobs on the other team, the next, they talk about how their own team sucks because they're being beaten. (you know who you are when you're reading this)

I understand sarcasm, but they're not sarcasm. =)

UGK
January 14, 2006, 8:22 pm
[sarcasm] Chakra hates us and doesn't want to listen to our stupidity ;_; [/sarcasm]

frogboy
January 15, 2006, 12:06 am
That was sarcasm? I believe that was the whole point.

a-4-year-old
January 15, 2006, 12:21 am
O rly?

no!! i wanna go like "Hi Chakra' lol its a-4-year-old, from teh forums!"

*waits*

"what a jerk,"
a-4-year-old has left the game

Deleted User
January 15, 2006, 12:43 am
I think I will do this too...

I mostly just used /mute

This sounds much more effiecient

Deleted User
January 16, 2006, 12:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`

Ello, you [CENSORED]s.

Through the magic of editing the line 'Console_Show=1' to 'Console_Show=0' in the soldat.ini file, I have successfully disabled chat in-game.

Consequently, for anyone who thinks i'm ignoring them in-game, i'm not....well I am, I just can't see you chat.

No longer must I find myself playing with idiotics, morons and the annoying. I can simply just get by, having a nice game, in peace and bloody quiet. Ignorance truly is bliss.

Unfortunately, kinda puts a down-turn on using taunts tactically, but so far it more than makes up for it. Too many whiners, moaners and groaners out there that I just find too damned annoying!

Sadly, you are a weak person.

grand_diablo
January 16, 2006, 1:29 pm
I dun see how this problem is worse in Soldat than in any other online game. Youll find a lot of ppl whining in almost every other internet action game aswell, it just seems natural. I wonder why you (actually YOU) just can't ignore the whine like that but you have to visually get rid of it. That is imo more ridiculous than whining itself. Let em whine and just care about the important messages/taunts, the rest is read'n'forget.

Poor Chakwa, his supernatural conscience seems to notice things far too intensively :(

EDIT: Go play bots, they dont whine and most public players arent really playing in a more intelligent way than them. What do you need teh intarnetgaming anyway, when you cut off the "talk to people from all over the world" part? ;o

Chakra`
January 16, 2006, 2:12 pm
Yeah, s'pose I could just try to avert my eyes from the top inch of the screen, but frankly I just find that ...difficult.

Can't say I know why it bothers me... I don't make an effort to participate in it either. It's just 'there'. A stream of stupidity at the top of my screen filling my game with nonsense, hostility and arsefluid.
I could just mute these people too, but i'd end up muting individuals alot. S'like everywhere I go theres people argueing, shouting obscenities and begging for attention.

Maybe some of you play in more private places, with friends or in clan wars, but when it comes to public-bickering, I just want a clear peaceful screen to play in.

Deleted User
January 16, 2006, 6:06 pm
I love current weapon balance. We love you Chakra. <3

a-4-year-old
January 16, 2006, 7:27 pm
IVE GOT IT!!!

if i ever see chakra'
ill votekick with a reason of, "hi chakra"
hope nobody kicks you.

karmazon
January 16, 2006, 7:33 pm
lols attention seeker

CrapBomba
January 16, 2006, 7:37 pm
I only play on private servers so... yeah...

Mostly I like chatting on public servers because I can train n00bs to become 1337 and stuff. I can also learn from some people who are more 1337 than me.

I also think it's enjoyable to completely pwn somebody via words and guns at the same time.

Captain Ben
January 17, 2006, 5:03 am
Everyone knows trash talk in multiplayer games are way more effective than weapons.

CrapBomba
January 17, 2006, 11:13 pm
Not really... You can win a debate on the net, but everyone will still think your an idiot anyway... But I really do like helping new people. But chak is right, people whine TOO MUCH. Who cares if I use a certain gun, if you don't like it, SHOOT ME! That's the point of the game!

Captain Ben
January 18, 2006, 3:49 am
I guess you could always tape some cardboard over the top of your screen...

Deleted User
January 18, 2006, 4:34 am
I love shouting random taunts of...

"I LUV U DADDY!!!"

a-4-year-old
January 25, 2006, 12:49 am
I TALKED TO CHAKRA!!!

hes got the chat disabled, but if your close, he can see the text abuv you.
hope i didnt piss you off too much but i kinda went crazy as soon as i saw chakra's name.

CHAKRA PAWNS @ SOLDAT.

gonza
January 25, 2006, 10:42 pm
omfg it would save you a lot of time if you just typed mute all in console and with that i dont think you see waht they type over there head....i do that too:D!!

Rambo_6
January 26, 2006, 12:17 am
I haven't played soldat in, like, forever :(

One of these days i'll join U13 or something. :P