( search forums )
1.3.1 Dedicated bugged!
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Deleted User
January 13, 2006, 8:13 am
=X http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=30854

OMG! lol, i play this game for 4 years(+/- =X) and never saw a so buged version, for anyplace u look thres a bug, in the non dedicated and in DEDICATED

I was... and tryed to run the dedicated on many hosters companies and the same things happened, bugs everywhre. And guess what? all started with the 1.3.1 ( thre was minor bugs on last versions, but not so significant)

Configs...

Linux, dedicated 2.4.9
(.ini) "http://www.anjosdobrasil.com.br/arqvs/tms_soldat.zip" (open with wordpad)
maplist (.txt) "http://www.anjosdobrasil.com.br/arqvs/tms_mapslist.zip"

and to check the bugs

Server IP: 200.155.16.184 or 200.155.16.183.
Server Ports: 23073(tm survival), xxxx4(tm normal), xxxx5(inf), xxxx6(ctf), xxxx7ctf(ctf realistic), xxxx8(cw private).

the forwaded ports are correct
all the maps of maplist.txt are corrects as the files "http://www.anjosdobrasil.com.br/arqvs/dd249root.jpg"
soldatmonitor off ( on had bugs too)

And now?
if anyone wanna help, ddzhtz@gmail.com or post here plz!

Deleted User
January 16, 2006, 11:50 am
Servers OFF*
Thanks... nice support.

FliesLikeABrick
January 16, 2006, 4:29 pm
it would help if you said SOMETHING about what the bugs are, instead of just saying that there ARE bugs... your thread contributes absolutely nothing to the effort of fixing the bugs

Deleted User
January 19, 2006, 2:22 pm
1) If the person join in the server he gets out and can't enter again, famous WMV (Wrong map version).
2) When WMV don't happen, the players spawn with parachutes and stay flying around the map.
3) In the CTF servers, the players spawn IN THE MIDDLE of the map, with parachutes and the flags don't appear in the map.
4) When dropping any weapon, she automatically disappear from the flood, goes to the middle of the map and stay shaking.

I've opened the following ports(tcp/ip & udp):
23073, 23083, 23074, 23084, 23075, 23085, 23076, 23086, 23077, 23087, 23078, 23088 & 27243.

Deleted User
January 19, 2006, 3:57 pm
Id say your servers hardware/network is funked to the max. I have no problems with any of my servers, all of which use 2.4.9.

Deleted User
January 19, 2006, 4:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by EnEsCeId say your servers hardware/network is funked to the max. I have no problems with any of my servers, all of which use 2.4.9.

Hey! I want respect. The servers are running in respectable and serious interprise's computers. If the dedicated server is bugged, i can do nothing.

FliesLikeABrick
January 19, 2006, 4:21 pm
The best thing you can do is give accurate and precise reports of any bugs you encounter

Optik
February 5, 2006, 10:12 am
hunterz not sure i agree with you on this one i ran my server without a restat for 4 days straight with only minor gliches or so i've heard which is one of the longest times i can remember a soldat server not crashing for that long haha, i agree there are a load of bugs but i won't necessaraly say it's the worst

Deleted User
February 9, 2006, 4:55 pm
FliesLikeABrick Posted - 19 Jan 2006 : 16:21:31
Optik Posted - 05 Feb 2006 : 10:12:13
;)

FliesLikeABrick
February 9, 2006, 7:20 pm
I've had 5 servers running for a week straight with people in them 20 hours every day (full most of the itme) and I have yet to encounter any crash or error of any kind at all.

chrisgbk
February 11, 2006, 11:53 pm
I've seen this error happen to me before: names of maps are CASE SENSITIVE. some file upload software (especcially if you are using a control panel over http using your browsers file upload capability) may change the capitalization of the maps, so make sure that the filenames are correct.

the extension for every file should be .PMS, NOT .pms, and a map named, say, ctf_B2b.PMS is different from ctf_b2b.PMS which is different from ctf_b2b.pms

on linux, the server wont load the map, if mapslist.txt has the proper capitalization but the file does not; it will just sit with no map loaded into its memory, only the filename. but the client, running on windows, WILL, because in windows filenames are NOT case sensitive.

FliesLikeABrick
February 12, 2006, 12:36 am
yes, that isn't an error it is just the nature of operating systems :-/

chrisgbk
February 12, 2006, 1:53 am
its an error on the part of the user(server operator)/other software(ftp uploader, etc), and not soldat, is what i was getting at

and the EXACT issue that he had, i'd seen before when i made a capitalization typo when adding a map to the mapslist manually on a linux server, and its one thats very easy to reproduce; in the simplest case, add the line "ctf_b2b" to the mapslist(ctf_B2b is the real name), and when it gets to that line the server will fail to load the map, but clients who connect will load it, and they can run around almost like normal but with the parachutes etc like he described.

Deleted User
February 13, 2006, 6:41 pm
I will check if the names and the extesions are correct, but when i put "/map ctf_B2b" it changes map but apears "Error: Could not load map ( Too many files open)" in ARSSE, and when i enter in the server its ctf_B2b but says "wrong map version".

And when i open the server says
"Registering server @ lobby.soldat.pl
Registering server @ selfkill.com
Registering server @ lobby.soldatserver.com"

Not
"Registering server @ lobby.soldat.pl
Registering server @ selfkill.com
Registering server @ lobby.soldatserver.com
Game server added to lobby server @ 65.113.210.3
Game server added to lobby server @ 68.178.204.4
Registering server @ 213.202.21"

Any idea?

DeMo
February 13, 2006, 9:34 pm
What Linux distribution do you guys use to run the servers?

Yesterday hunterz gave it another shot.
He reinstalled the server (linux dedicated) and after some hours I joined to test.

I was alone and I experienced some bugs:
1- The active map was Lanubya. I captured the blue flag and scored.. when I went to the blue base again the flag was missing. So I shot the place where it should be and it appeared out of nowhere. I captured and scored again but the time limit was reached and I couldn't see if the flag was invisible again or no.
2- The next map was Ash.. I started with the parachute and after some seconds the game disconnected and returned to the server browser screen. I tried do rejoin and received the "Wrong Map Version" error.
3- I quit Soldat and start it again... reconnected to the server and the map was once again Lanubya. The flags (red & blue) were once again missing. I shot the place to see if they would show up but nothing happened.

Now I don't know who the hell we have to blame for all this mess.
- Could a single typo in the mapslist.txt file cause all this?
- Maybe its the server itself that is full of bugs?
- Maybe there's a chance it has something to do with the Linux distribution he is using?

FliesLikeABrick
February 13, 2006, 11:16 pm
The lobby problems are not problems in the dedicated server itself, but problems in the lobby server and the general coding of the lobby stuff. MM is planning on fixing that, it has quite high priority.

chrisgbk
February 14, 2006, 8:48 pm
 Quote:1- The active map was Lanubya. I captured the blue flag and scored.. when I went to the blue base again the flag was missing. So I shot the place where it should be and it appeared out of nowhere. I captured and scored again but the time limit was reached and I couldn't see if the flag was invisible again or no.
2- The next map was Ash.. I started with the parachute and after some seconds the game disconnected and returned to the server browser screen. I tried do rejoin and received the "Wrong Map Version" error.
3- I quit Soldat and start it again... reconnected to the server and the map was once again Lanubya. The flags (red & blue) were once again missing. I shot the place to see if they would show up but nothing happened.

1: thats probably just a dropped packet, your client never recieved notification that the flag is back at the base
2: This sounds like the server had the same thing as hunterz saw in his console, the error about too many open files. I don't know the cause of this error specifically, might be a conflict with the version of linux being used
3: this is the same issue with map capitalization being wrong, only its probably caused because of a file error like #2; the map changes but the server doesn't load the map due to an error

Deleted User
February 16, 2006, 4:40 pm
Linux version Redhat 7.3.
Folders with small letters, maps with correct name...

FliesLikeABrick
February 16, 2006, 5:06 pm
It is highly unlikely that the distrobution of linux is the cause of the problem(s)