( search forums )
why is soldat soo great?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
thekingkitty
January 13, 2006, 8:52 am
While playing soldat i just wondered to myself, whats soo great about it anyway, theres campers, hackers, and spammers *cough*including me*cough*. The graphics are poopy (yes i said poopy). So why do i keep playing it? Is it clans? Is it the community? For me, the reason why i think soldat is sooo great is that its just something that i haven't experience ever in my life. And also that its quite fun.

headstone
January 13, 2006, 11:33 am
Um... the graphics are amazing... but you summed it up yourself.

quote:its quite fun

Flying_Dutchman
January 13, 2006, 12:24 pm
Yea, the graphics are quite good actually. For me it's just the fun, fun as in laughing fun. Specially RS can cause some hilarious situations. I haven't seen fun like this in any other game.

Deleted User
January 13, 2006, 12:41 pm
Its the only thing that understands me after my abusive father has his way with me.

Keron Cyst
January 13, 2006, 3:45 pm
It's popular at the forums because the game used to be good. Only recently all these crap players started showing up...

ThaD
January 13, 2006, 4:35 pm
it's still good

I think it's Soldat's simplicity that makes this game so playable

DragonSlayer
January 13, 2006, 4:37 pm
It's unique. There's no other game like Soldat. Besides, I really think the gameplay is great. I have always enjoyed 2D shooters more than 3D shooters anyway.

JiggaBlue
January 13, 2006, 6:23 pm
The truth is, soldat sucks, the netcode is horrible, all the new versions bring annoying bugs and the weapon balance is never quite right, the community pretty much sucks also, why ive played for 2 years i dont know.

Spectral
January 13, 2006, 7:48 pm
like Dslayer, it's the unique, simple gameplay. ive never fancied 3d fps's either. the community is interesting too i suppose.

Deleted User
January 13, 2006, 7:56 pm
Because like RPG games, you dont need to do 24/7 fishing. Lol. xD

Raptor
January 13, 2006, 10:53 pm
The reason you like soldat it's because it is a fast 2d game. I've noticed that people love fast 2d games and they are just.. addictive =P

And no, I'm not addicted to Soldat.

headstone
January 13, 2006, 10:54 pm
quote:The truth is, soldat sucks, the netcode is horrible, all the new versions bring annoying bugs and the weapon balance is never quite right, the community pretty much sucks also, why ive played for 2 years i dont know.

[CENSORED] you. Either go play CS or show some respect to a game made by one person, which he allows you to play for free.

Arbalest
January 13, 2006, 11:00 pm
Soldat is a simply, fun, straight to the action game. I almost always ask games the same question: "Just give me a weapon." Those that complys, I play.

Eagles_Arrows
January 13, 2006, 11:44 pm
Agreed to everyone who posted except Jigga. Go jump off a building.

JiggaBlue
January 14, 2006, 12:20 am
quote:Originally posted by headstonequote:The truth is, soldat sucks, the netcode is horrible, all the new versions bring annoying bugs and the weapon balance is never quite right, the community pretty much sucks also, why ive played for 2 years i dont know.

[CENSORED] you. Either go play CS or show some respect to a game made by one person, which he allows you to play for free.

I had CS, but un-installed it. But what I said was true, soldat is a really bad game, just unique and higly addictive, no wait just pure action, I will continue to play it, and if MM decided to completly recode soldat(only way to fix his netcode) then I would pay to paly it or id have to go emo.

edak
January 14, 2006, 12:20 am
It's simple, fast, no bugger all load time (none in windowed mode) and addictive.

DragonSlayer
January 16, 2006, 9:18 am
quote:Originally posted by JiggaBluequote:Originally posted by headstonequote:The truth is, soldat sucks, the netcode is horrible, all the new versions bring annoying bugs and the weapon balance is never quite right, the community pretty much sucks also, why ive played for 2 years i dont know.

I had CS, but un-installed it. But what I said was true, soldat is a really bad game, just unique and higly addictive, no wait just pure action, I will continue to play it, and if MM decided to completly recode soldat(only way to fix his netcode) then I would pay to paly it or id have to go emo.

It's true that Soldat has bugs and all but you know, it's not bad. Better put, it's not perfect.

And yeah, I love the fast pace of Soldat as well. It's addicting. And I like the community as well, I have met great people because of Soldat.

Chakra`
January 16, 2006, 10:00 am
[IMAGE]
SOLDAT IS GOOD
ALL PRAISE SOLDAT

Zegovia
January 16, 2006, 10:10 am
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`Image removerd to save space (if you escuse me! ^^)
SOLDAT IS GOOD
ALL PRAISE SOLDAT

No need telling us, we already know!!

Three reasons i think soldat is great....
1: Its simple, easy to handle...
2: you meet other people..
3: its freaking for FREEEE!!!!

Deleted User
January 16, 2006, 11:31 am
The only time I play soldat is when i need to release steam. Killing people in precise and simple movements is always fun.

Captain Ben
January 16, 2006, 12:13 pm
I either play Soldat to think or to escape doing so.

Yuth
January 27, 2006, 5:06 am
Soldat is great, but it gets better. ^^

Ok
January 27, 2006, 3:23 pm
Its quite simple really.
3D games are nice and all, but they are wayyyy to complicated.
Soldat is alot simpler, its grows on you, problem is, once it grows on you, you can never take it off <_<

Also all those high tech games requir annoying reg's and real serial numbers (how rude)so its a [CENSORED] trying to play a game online for free.
Soldat comes for free, it presents itself as being free! thus gives us a warm feeling that someone cares about us.

Besides, you see the whole screen, all those players at once, gives us humans a feeling of closelyness , sure they're trying to kill each other but its all good.
Or in other words, its ALL OK!

ninjapwnage
January 27, 2006, 4:29 pm
Soldat is great because of it's simple gameplay mechanics... It also takes about 5 secs to join a game and start having fun. However, soldat is not without it's faults, hackers, bugs, racism, people call other people noobs when they are the noob themself, and graphics only a mother would love. Regardless, the fun factor makes up for this ^_^

Ok
January 27, 2006, 6:31 pm
You just called me a mother *grabs penis proudly* nope I'm not!

Nuts
January 27, 2006, 11:22 pm
What kept me playing soldat, was the action and being the best... and that I owned people soo much. It was fun when peeps said I was a "hacker" and so on, but im not a hacker -.-

Hanayo
January 27, 2006, 11:31 pm
For me an important factor is the loading time. Whenever i want to play it takes me 10 seconds and im on a good server.

Most (especially commercial) games got a way longer start up time ;o
And i hate waiting for the next level/map. ;o

XenocidE
January 28, 2006, 12:19 am
 Quote:Originally posted by JiggaBlueThe truth is, soldat sucks, the netcode is horrible, all the new versions bring annoying bugs and the weapon balance is never quite right, the community pretty much sucks also, why ive played for 2 years i dont know.

I totally agree. The fast pace, easy game play is the only reason we still play. but with new lag, weaker guns the game becomes slower paced and not as much fun to play. Reason I seldom play if at all.

a-4-year-old
January 28, 2006, 2:07 am
soldat pawns.

i havent seen a single hacker since 1.3 and no, i was not hiding under a rock.
i play friends in dms sometimes, they are six time zones away and i dont mind the lag much. quit being so compettitive and have some fun.
soldat is a game i can run on my schools comps (cept that one in the sience wing without a video card)
i have come to not care about flamers or bugs lighten up people.

i play music like nwas express yourself and intermition (its really elevador music) and take me out by franz ferdinad to keep myself calm while playing(it works)

ignorance is bliss really ppl
1. that racist [CENSORED] can own up to your ruger or styger or whatever you use
2. you really dont have to care what that [CENSORED] thinks of you

gonza
January 28, 2006, 2:26 am
LOL its fun cos of mass gore adn blood and it looks funny when you frag and its just fun and is a chellange.