( search forums )
DM BacknForth
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Scrooge
January 15, 2006, 2:39 am
Hello! YEs its me again! THis my first time waypointing a map so they arnt great:( Please post any improvement suggestions and download. ENJOY!

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Download
[URL]

vash763
January 15, 2006, 2:44 am
The colors, they are horrid :C

Deleted User
January 15, 2006, 2:57 am
parts of it are too pointy and shapeless.. also theres no overview pic

Eagles_Arrows
January 15, 2006, 3:31 am
He doesn't know how to make overview maps yet, I know because he made a topic in the mapping help asking how to make an overview pic of your map. Well, Scrooge, here is the skinny on how to make overview pics:
1. There should be a little bar at the bottom of MapMaker plus a "Zoom" button next to it. Click on "Zoom" first, then move the pointer to the far left. You will ese that your map has zoomed out greatly.
3. Press prnt scrn or something like that (on the top right of your keyboard)
2. Open another program on your computer called Paint. If you don't know how, press Start>ALl Pograms> Applications> Paint
3. On Pait, go to Edit then Paste
4. Save the picture.

EASY!

As for your map, you've got to choose another color. You don't want to stick with the same thing forever, try something new. You've got potential.

Plus, the moon does not go well with the bg colors.

Scrooge
January 15, 2006, 5:29 am

Heres the new slightly improved version 2 of Backnforth!
[IMAGE]

[URL]

Deleted User
January 15, 2006, 6:34 pm
on the firt picturem, the moon and clouds look really cool:D

Raptor
January 15, 2006, 8:19 pm
The map is pretty good, but you should consider making the bridges a little bit better. For example, the bridges look like this \____/ and that doesn't look so good, and also to make bridges look better, try adding lots of sceneries to them.

Scrooge
January 16, 2006, 1:25 am
ok ill try to work on my bridges:)

Keron Cyst
January 16, 2006, 3:27 am
Why'd you change the background colors in the overview? The originals look awesome with the moon if you made the clouds a bit more transparent.

And if you're gonna make the bridge ropes bend like that, use more shrinked ones. They look like sticks the way they are now.

Soulsnipa
January 16, 2006, 3:59 am
May I suggest using polyworks?

Scrooge
January 16, 2006, 4:16 am
nah its too complicated. maybe when they release a new simpler version.

Soulsnipa
January 16, 2006, 4:41 am
i could help you out its not really that complicated man. Everyone thinks that at first, but trust me it gets easier. Just takes some patience and persistance. Try it out :)

The Geologist
January 16, 2006, 5:51 am
That, and they won't be releasing a simpler version, so don't hold your breath. Soul has good advice and PW based tutorials (I think?)...take him up on the offer.

Scrooge
January 16, 2006, 9:47 am
K where can I get polyworks? Plus I changed the background because eagle arrows recond that the moon looked bad:(

Soulsnipa
January 16, 2006, 10:20 am
http://sml.u13.net/tutorial ...on the front page.