( search forums )
an importain detail
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
a-4-year-old
January 15, 2006, 3:08 am
could the barret have a sound that goes with its charge up time?

and if possible, could there be a sound that is for every gun when you make a wm with a charge up time? i dont know if it would be able to be lengthend and shortened for the number of tics that you choose, but it would be a cool addition that would help players know when their gun is going to fire.

Zegovia
January 16, 2006, 10:12 am
How about a sound where you slowly squeese the trigger for the barret...

Echo_Trail
January 16, 2006, 1:55 pm
I don't see how this is important. it would be a cool feature, but not very relevant, is it?
Speaking of sounds, i think more variations of footsteps should be made..

Deleted User
January 16, 2006, 2:06 pm
two or three different footsteps would be nice, though all these arnt needed its more for modding, which im strongly for so yeah why not

person
January 16, 2006, 2:26 pm
Yeah I really agree with this; I was thinking of the exact same thing myself actually.

Echo Trail; it'd be just like the minigun startup time... and it helps make the game seem more professional.

On a different topic, but in similar context, I think that the next version should be just that: more professional presentation. The gameplay is generally good for now, but there are too many bugs and some inconsistencies in the game. The load time when starting the program up has increased significantly since older versions. These little things should be ironed out.
That's all the next version should be... oh and, custom gosteks online as described in that thread XD

a-4-year-old
January 16, 2006, 4:39 pm
well it would stop alot of noobs that go "BARRET DOESNET WORK WTF OMFG FIX IT JOO NOOBER!!!!!!1"
and it would help have the timeing corretct like ppl would be able to keep track of the start up easier

EXAMPLE:
barret...................person
*startsup*
barret..................person (closer)
*waits for shot*
barret..............person
*almost there...*
barret......person (now spraying mp5 bullets everywhere
BOOM
*missed*

WITH STARTUP TIME
barret..................person
*starts*
(soundfx)"chhhhhheeerrrrrrrrrr
barret......person (now spraying mp5 bullets everywhere)
BOOM
barrettier knows exactly when the barret would go off, giving him that knowlege alloud him to hit that person's head off