( search forums )
teamkilling
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Deleted User
January 15, 2006, 3:36 am
posing as sam and his relatives in soldat, ive discovered that regardless of whether friendly fire is on or not, in realistic games, team killing is possible with explosives which makes them hit the ground hard (possible even when they're standing still on the ground)

b00stA
January 15, 2006, 8:31 pm
And what exactly do you think could be done about it?
I doubt there's an easy/proper solution for it.

Raptor
January 15, 2006, 8:36 pm
Yea there is a solution to it. MM can make bullets and grenades not collide against your teammates, that would fix the problem easily..

Deleted User
January 15, 2006, 10:57 pm
Friendly explosions should be changed such that they don't propel team members.

Personally, i don't like nade jumping, so i think itd be even better if explosions dont propel anybody at all. Im sure lots of people like that tactic though.

or maybe the effects of your explosions won't effect anybody except for yourself (they'll still kill the enemy of course)

zyxstand
January 16, 2006, 1:55 pm
yes raptor, but there's a reason why the collision is in there the first place (unless it's because it's easier to do so since it requires less work for michal but otherwise...). the real topic should be whether or not friendly bullet collision is fair.
but if you think about it, if your teammate tosses a grenade, would it make much sense for a teammate to be able to just walk over it as if it's nothing?