( search forums )
To litterally get out of character Ô_o
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Echo_Trail
January 15, 2006, 8:20 pm
Hi ya'll. I usually go by the name echo_trail or |RGW|=[Djinn].
Well, in this case it was Djinn. I went into this server, Leo's FULL CTF, and i noticed the server was kinda unstabile. In fact, the hole lobby was acting really wierd, saying servers were empty, yet showing it wasn't. And i could try joining, and it would say "server full", but if i tried a second later, there would only be a player or to ingame Ô_o
Anyway, i joined leo's, and we were about three players in. 2 on my team, and 1 in bravo. The bravo suddently left, and i switched team to go one on one. This is when the wierd thing happened. I switched, but i didn't. I joined bravo allright, but i spawned at alpha. Well, happens sometimes, but THIS is exraordinary. I didn't control myself. I controlled the other guy! My character kept running after him, repeating his actions, and when i fired, both the "Djinn char" fired, but this other guy as well. I could control his fire! :D
All i had to do was wait until he was at a straight place, and then fire straight sideways. Both my char and the other guy's would fire left, but "djinn" would fire into him!

i have here a pic on what it looked like, at this point a few more joined. Take a look:

[IMAGE]

u see, i'm Djinn, the blue fella in the middle, but the arrow is on top of the red guy who "I" just nailed. This is just wierd!
And i was killed by.. me?

Deleted User
January 15, 2006, 8:36 pm
thats pretty weird :D

Flying_Dutchman
January 15, 2006, 8:39 pm
Yea :D I got that one time. But it seems that the other guy doesn't notice anything of it. At least that's what the guy said where I got it with.

Deleted User
January 15, 2006, 8:44 pm
that happened to me in a TM.

My story is a little different, my "extra" characheter actually followed me, I have no screens because it stopped after a while, but he was always on the opposite side I was shooting at =/.

So if I shot at someone below me, I shot at myself from above, it really sucked, because it showed up as suicides, "yellow" on the side, but I was just basically kicking my own ass with ghost player.

Soldat is getting a little to buggy.

Echo_Trail
January 15, 2006, 8:52 pm
i don't think it's getting buggy, the the servers just had a bad day. I just don't get how every server i went to cold be wierd. Maybe it was a problem with MY connection, but it seemed to be fine. Ping between 33 and 50 at all times..

MWTBDLTR
January 15, 2006, 8:54 pm
One time i joined a game and it seemed that my guy was being controlled by someone else, i couldnt do anything with my own guy, veryyyy strange. I tried to type something but it didnt show up. Next game i joined it was ok and the message i sent showed up in that one. Dunno what happened.

Deleted User
January 15, 2006, 8:54 pm
This is a lag bug that happens sometimes, usually when switching teams. You attempt to join the server, but for some reason or another, it won't let you, but if someone joins while you're still attempting, you'll be placed as that player. In this case, the player was AFK, so you had full control. Otherwise, you'd just be stuck following another player.

Ok
January 15, 2006, 8:58 pm
Doesnt this belong in the report bugs forum?
Its a shame it could proove quite usefull if ppl would actualy post bugs there.. alot easier to deal with bugs when they are displayed and orginized in 1 place.

Gortaak
January 16, 2006, 1:11 am
yeah this happened to me one day, i just went with it for a sec, then no one could kill me and i rejoined and everyone thought i was a hacker, it was great, i couldnt kill anyone but no one could kill me, and at first i was controlling the FFC and i kept [CENSORED]in with him, all shooting his m79 and making him move around and generally do stuff he didnt want to do, was fun,

Deleted User
January 16, 2006, 2:18 am
Happens. I laugh at it so bad, cuz its funny.

Also to add:

I was in Enesce server, and this guy David kept following me. And this was a bravo/alpha thing. And so he was followingme, when I died and everything. He kept killing me. with his fists and when I died, hes kill me again. I got d/c after 1 minute of it.

Echo_Trail
January 16, 2006, 6:39 am
quote:Originally posted by OkDoesnt this belong in the report bugs forum?
Its a shame it could proove quite usefull if ppl would actualy post bugs there.. alot easier to deal with bugs when they are displayed and orginized in 1 place.

Yeah, your right, Ok! sorry 'bout that, but i didn't really realize it was a bug, i figured it was just some connection flaw. - Perhaps caused by my uberhax... Who can tell?
Anyway, this SHOULD be in the report bugs section, so feel free to move it.

Back on topic; Guys, this could be usefull. If this could be manipulated, you could own the other team! Imagine RS clanwar, you spawn all together, and almost everyone is owned by a single m79 shot! :D
You gotta love cheating

Deleted User
January 16, 2006, 9:10 am
Lag is infallable, it is ALWAYS PREVAIL!!!!

karmazon
January 16, 2006, 9:14 am
quote:Originally posted by DrivenUnder
I was in Enesce server, and this guy David kept following me. And this was a bravo/alpha thing. And so he was followingme, when I died and everything. He kept killing me. with his fists and when I died, hes kill me again. I got d/c after 1 minute of it.

happened to me like billion times in nsc's server

Deleted User
January 16, 2006, 3:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by Echo_Traili don't think it's getting buggy, the the servers just had a bad day. I just don't get how every server i went to cold be wierd. Maybe it was a problem with MY connection, but it seemed to be fine. Ping between 33 and 50 at all times..

My story happened about 2 weeks ago echo. Not yesterday. =/ It was in one of my clans ded. servers too.

Borus
January 16, 2006, 3:59 pm
I've experienced this lots of times. Sadly i've never got to control someone, i've just got controlled... ='(

a-4-year-old
January 16, 2006, 4:27 pm
yay, another thing to blame my suckieness on!

i dont think this ever happened to me, but this guy online kept calling me a lagger when i had 60-100 ping, and he had like 400 mostly. what a noob. "i gots a higher ping den joo lagger!"

ThaD
January 16, 2006, 4:46 pm
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25962