( search forums )
The last remaining improvement.....
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
January 15, 2006, 10:14 pm
Auto Flag Return Timer.

IF you haven't noticed, sometimes if a flag carrier is killed the flag gets auto returned.

Same with flag throwing.

My guess -

The auto flag return is based on an OVERALL timer that returns flags to their original "flag holding" placements in every 30 seconds or so increments. If flags could be free of the "overall timer" and have individual timers, this would fix the flags' auto return timer.

side note - I've been gone for 20 days from Soldat... Weapons are pretty balanced, but Ruger's speed is slower and is 'bout time it gets its power back up to around 1.2.1 power.

Deleted User
January 15, 2006, 10:17 pm
MM said that hed fix the flag timer.

Ruger is perfectly fine.

Deleted User
January 15, 2006, 10:42 pm
If you go around killing flag carriers you'll notice the bug's still there, just that the interval is probably longer.

Spectral
January 15, 2006, 10:47 pm
yes it is still there I believe

Deleted User
January 15, 2006, 11:28 pm
It's only there if the server doesn't have the dedicated server update.

_Mancer_
January 15, 2006, 11:42 pm
Ruger is alright. I think the reload speed should be like, an eigth of a second faster though.

Raptor
January 16, 2006, 12:40 am
I've used the Ruger since I starter playing soldat and I have to say that it's fine!

Ok
January 16, 2006, 12:48 am
Yay, another news bringer with yet another "constructive" critiszm about 1.3.1 :)

I suggest you give it some time, play some more.... before starting any more threads of "My thoughts about 1.3.1"

Ruger was nerfed just because it was what it was, so bringing it back isn't so wise now is it?

I actualy REALLY like the new ruger! it really makes the user think about each shot and aim it, if he hits it good, the weapon will be very usefull. which basicly means, it requirs skills and practice :)
Doesnt get any more perfect than that.

Echo_Trail
January 16, 2006, 6:43 am
i agree. i play pretty often, and i have no issues with the flag =P
I too like the ruger. It's still freaking asskickin' though!

Deleted User
January 16, 2006, 7:51 am
i also play with the rugar, its fine, 2 shots is all i need. as for the flag, i do believe the update fixes it

Deleted User
January 16, 2006, 9:07 am
Then I ask, what about U13, is IT updated? I've seen the bug work there.

Borus
January 16, 2006, 4:00 pm
Faster? *Passes out*

ThaD
January 16, 2006, 4:49 pm
the bug still exists, at least in HTF

Deleted User
January 18, 2006, 4:17 am
Bug didn't come until 1.3, when flag throw was 'invented'.

Deleted User
January 18, 2006, 4:25 am
quote:Originally posted by JellyBug didn't come until 1.3, when flag throw was 'invented'.
WELL DUH!

Deleted User
January 18, 2006, 4:32 am
quote:Originally posted by EnEsCequote:Originally posted by JellyBug didn't come until 1.3, when flag throw was 'invented'.
WELL DUH!

No one likes captain obvious anymore :''(

FliesLikeABrick
January 18, 2006, 4:50 am
I don't think I updated the u13 servers yet because the only time I remembered to was when the server was full, but I may be wrong.

Even if it is still there, it is a bug (as I'm sure you're aware of by now), and therefore it will be fixed in due time if it still needs to be.