( search forums )
Dynamic Collisions
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Maes
January 16, 2006, 10:07 am
Hi,

I think that the game would have an entire new touch to it, with dynamic collisions. with this i mean that (like with worms) if you shoot at the ground, the ground will be affected by your action.

eg, shoot at the ground with an m79 and there will be a hole in the ground.

I feel this would make the game more fun, more realistic, and most important, different, each time you play it.

people know maps by head, they know when to jump, when to use jet, i know this because I have played soldat for a few years now, and i do the same. with this feature maps are dynamic, and different every time. making the game different for everyone, everytime. even for us long time veterans.

Give me some feedback :) thanks!

Deleted User
January 18, 2006, 6:49 pm
Usually I would delete this kind of topic, but as the question hasn't seemed to have popped up for a while, I'm going to comment then lock this one.

Soldat maps are based on polygons. I'm no coder, but I can easily understand that this idea would not work well with a polygon based 2d map...the game is just not capable of it. It would be a nice feature to be added to the game, but as it is, its frankly impossible, and I doubt MM will feel like recoding the entire game to add such a feature.

Good suggestion, but it ain't happening.