ctf_pillage by Avarax
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Quality Maps
Avarax
January 16, 2006, 10:44 am
ctf_pillage

by Avarax

[IMAGE]

Teh Downlaod!!1

this map is made from a blueprint i've drawn at school. it's theme is the fight of nature vs. evil human wood industry that wants to cut off and burn all the trees. so i made one side jungelish with very much green colours and may trees and bushes. the other side contains cement structures, steel support pillars, cranes, crates, all that stuff and the terrain is deserted. the map is waypointed.

--data--

Custom Sceneries: 19
Map Size: max 5on5
Texture: banana.bmp
Time of Producing: 1 Week
Waypoints: Bots supported

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Enjoy!!

Silent Soldier
January 16, 2006, 11:28 am
Change the texture to a more detailed one. It's too smooth now. >;]

Soulsnipa
January 16, 2006, 11:34 am
This may very well be one map which I have no critiques. This passes the SoulSnipa grading system. I really like it, unfortunately I don't have soldat anymore otherwise I might have actually downloaded. Great job for somone who doesnt like to map :P.

I dont see this one getting too many negative comments.

Deleted User
January 16, 2006, 11:37 am
I like it, maybe a couple more spawn points, makes it harder to spawn kill ya'know, but other then that it should come with soldat :P

GluLm
January 16, 2006, 12:09 pm
Jungle world versus industrial world?
Wow this is great looking map. It doesn't look empty at all nor too flat.
The middle part strangely looks like Arena. :)
My favourite part is the junglish one. Very nice. And the colours are cool too, they soften the plain texture.
Good job! It's a must download.

grand_diablo
January 16, 2006, 12:29 pm
mmh, texture looks indeed a bit too smooth on the screens, but thats a minor detail. Besides that, it looks very nice. Judgubg from the overview, the only thing that possibly is a problem may be that people will most likely use the upper route only, as the lower one is too long and dangerous, when you get sprayed from behind while fleeing.

papasurf31
January 16, 2006, 12:58 pm
Your buildings would use a little work, they seem tacked on and don't really fit in with the rest of the polygons. Other than that, it looks very nice, and each side protrays it's specific theme pretty well.

Deleted User
January 16, 2006, 5:18 pm
very nice :D
i love it!
i'll enjoy playing this :)

Michal
January 16, 2006, 9:02 pm
This map is great, deserves to be official I think.
I like how you kept both sides symmetrical, but made them look very different.

Deleted User
January 16, 2006, 10:25 pm
One Thing I have to say is, wow! I can tell alot of detail was put into this map. The two themes blend well together in the middle, waypointing was nice, and the shading was good. I find it somewhat hard to find problems with it, other than the already mentioned smooth texture. I will be playing this map often and it definetly deserves a full grade.<(-_-)>

Leo
January 17, 2006, 8:41 am
Nice one, I added this at my R/S CTF server.

Avarax
January 17, 2006, 2:36 pm
ty leo.

the middle part is btw not copypasted from arena, it's all done by me. take the crane as a prefab if you want.

Eagles_Arrows
January 17, 2006, 5:35 pm
d/ling!

This is beautiful. The map is symetric yet you've used two themes for each side without severely altering any polys! Beautiful.

viggoloniggolo
January 19, 2006, 8:27 pm
LOL, why is there a crane up on the map 8-)?

nfsjunkie91
January 20, 2006, 4:04 am
Missing Swamptree3. :/ can i get that from you?
otherwise great map.

Raptor
January 20, 2006, 4:04 am
Pretty good map! The top and bottom borders are thick, that makes the map have a weird feeling =D

I mostly like the scenery placing, you are a veteran doing that xD

EDIT: ^^^^^The map has a crane on top of it for decorative purposes..