( search forums )
U13 entirely offline for a bit
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
FliesLikeABrick
January 16, 2006, 4:38 pm
As some of you might know, U13 is completely offline due to some pretty big hardware issues. Unfortunately, this has happened right after I went back to school, so I'm ~150 miles away from the server, not exactly the best situation to be in when I need to fix it.

I ordered a replacement part for it, hopefully it will arrive by this weekend, so that I can drive home and fix the server. If anyone needs any files off of the server, I can make arrangements to get them for you, but if you wait a week or two, everything will be back to normal.

Also, I am shipping a server to a datacenter in chicago, so that it will be placed on a 100mbit connection, to run soldat servers, sites, and a couple other things. Many thanks to Elephant Hunter for helping me pay for it.

I hope to start selling soldat servers in the future, at prices that pretty much beat every other greedy person who is selling over-priced soldat servers to you guys, so keep an eye open if you're in the market.

Chakra`
January 16, 2006, 4:42 pm
nargghhh

FliesLikeABrick
January 16, 2006, 4:52 pm
/me now has $200 less

This happened right after I left my job, so I've got no source of income up here at school. I won't have my job again until this summer, around June

Chakra`
January 16, 2006, 4:58 pm
hmmm...donations time eh. Damn.

..lemme clear some debts first. Who knows.

FliesLikeABrick
January 16, 2006, 8:35 pm
between the server i'm putting on that connection, and the cost to repair this server... if anyone wants to donate now would be the time

thanks to all the people who have donated in the past to get u13 where it is now, about $400+ have been donated by all of you guys so far

Deleted User
January 16, 2006, 9:04 pm
:(, Ill see waht I can do for you Flies. Hopefully I can pull out some money to donate.

vash763
January 16, 2006, 10:11 pm
When the [CENSORED] did Chak get green stars?

Deleted User
January 16, 2006, 11:36 pm
About the same time that Lazehboi lost his silver ones.

Soulsnipa
January 17, 2006, 1:18 am
Hooray for chakra

Deleted User
January 21, 2006, 8:58 pm
how do you get stars?

vash763
January 21, 2006, 9:17 pm
The stars depend on your postcount.

Which kinda depends on how well you follow the rules, because your postcount can be hacked apart by the mods.