( search forums )
Be careful with forceful guns, teamates...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
CrapBomba
January 16, 2006, 7:33 pm
I was recently playing some ctf with some n00bs. That's not a bad thing, but it can be. For instance, here's a story of what happend:

I was running back to my base with the enemy flag, I launched myself through a small gap gaurded on each side by to enemies. They were shooting at me, but I was going SUPER FAST. Then my n00b teamate shots at them with a minigun, and of course misses and hits me, slowing me down by a buttload, allowing them to hit me. I still scored because I'm uber pro, but that could have been bad thanks to a careless teamate. The same stuff has happened countless times with nades, I'll be running, then a friendly nade launches me the opposite direction :/ Spas does this too. I heard a story of a guy who accidently shot his teamate with a spas, causing his teamate to be knocked into the path of an incoming rocket XD

So basically, this is just a reminder to not shoot in the general direction of a teamate with an innacurate but uber powerful weapon. ESPECIALLY if he's carrying a flag or inches from returning yours or if FF is on.

Also, post stories of getting screwed by teamates :D

Antifate
January 16, 2006, 8:13 pm
I really don't care, I actually enjoy when that happens.

KvN
January 16, 2006, 8:16 pm
Yeah, occasionally some idiot would be camping or so, and just shooting away at the flag with the minigun, making it hard to score. I like playing in a small server like 3 VS 3, so having him take up space, it's a little tough especially when the other team is above average.

Chakra`
January 16, 2006, 8:17 pm
Ok, before anyone else mentions anything... the leet-talk? kinda went out of style around 2002. Even making fun of it by mimicry went out around early 2003. So don't do it, 'k?

it's not 'uber', it's 'crikey thats powerful'.
it's not 'pro', it's 'vet'.
it's not 'XD', it's 'luv'.
it's not 'n00b', it's 'some stupid twat'.

And change that bloody avatar.

And story-topics go in the 'Soldat Moments' sub forum.

And pull up your pants! [CENSORED]ing hippy gangster jeans. You ain't in the wu-tang.

Otherwise yes, invaluable advice...don't shoot your teammates.

.alex.oner.
January 16, 2006, 8:30 pm
someone is on their periods..

CrapBomba
January 16, 2006, 8:49 pm
Well, chak, your not from gmg, so yeah...
Plus you probably don't watch the pure pwnage movies...
And I wear blue jeans :/

Here are some... uh... "references":
GMG: http://www.gamemakergames.com
Pure Pwnage Movies: http://www.purepwnage.com
MY PANTS >:( http://www.wrangler.com

GAMEOVER
January 16, 2006, 9:39 pm
I wish I could be as good as you man.

CrapBomba
January 16, 2006, 10:02 pm
<_< if you were, you'd be crying.

bond_james_bond
January 16, 2006, 11:09 pm
cool, thanks for the GMG Link

yaay

vash763
January 17, 2006, 12:50 am
"Then my n00b teamate shots at them with a minigun, and of course misses and hits me, slowing me down by a buttload, allowing them to hit me. I still scored because I'm uber pro" = human stupidity

Ok
January 17, 2006, 8:38 am
Oh yay another great discovery..
Jee's whatever would we do without you guys...

ThaD
January 17, 2006, 5:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by CrapBombaI still scored because I'm uber pro

uber modest too, as I suppose...

dimitri
January 17, 2006, 9:37 pm
Yeah i hate it when some noob decided your an enemy and starts spraying you with a minigun, i dont know if you have seen this either, but they also like spraying at you if your sniping, making the barret inaccurate, really sucks, i think in the next version MM should add the option of bullets collide with teammates or not ( kinda like FF but better).

BTW, crapbomba, you use gamemaker huh? :>

CrapBomba
January 17, 2006, 11:02 pm
Ok, the uber pro comment is a joke. If you don't get it, don't respond to it OR download the pure pwnage movies. Now let's stop talking about it...

And yeah, dimitri, I use GM, I go by tjg92 over there.

Deleted User
January 18, 2006, 10:47 pm
I use the minigun all the time. I hate it when noobs see my ownage and start spraying all over the place >_<

More than two minigunners in a server gets old fast.

Deleted User
January 18, 2006, 11:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by Officer_BulbockI use the minigun all the time. I hate it when noobs see my ownage and start spraying all over the place >_<

I hate the asshats who will SPRAY mini... if only there was a way to keep a mini "rolling" so you can shoot it controlled...

And yes, I hate those 'stupid twats' that spray at you when you're TRYING TO CAP.

Deleted User
January 18, 2006, 11:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by Officer_BulbockI use the minigun all the time. I hate it when noobs see my ownage and start spraying all over the place >_<

Funny, Because the same happens to me :
I get out a minigun and do fairly well with it, Other people after me will brandish one and spray...hitting everyone but the enemy *sigh*

Deleted User
January 19, 2006, 2:15 am
Just now in m00's public the same thing happened when I barreted/knife..

http://img59.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot223mi.png

except people can't knife, so they had chainsaws on their backs.

oh yeah, think of shooting delay as putting your eyes on the scope... it helps :D

Raptor
January 19, 2006, 3:55 pm
That's why I suggested that friendly bullets or grenades shouldn't hit you to prevent some problems including this one as well..

Deleted User
January 19, 2006, 11:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by CrapBombaOk, the uber pro comment is a joke. If you don't get it, don't respond to it OR download the pure pwnage movies. Now let's stop talking about it...

And yeah, dimitri, I use GM, I go by tjg92 over there.

Advice for you, dont use sarcasm over the internet unless you know how to get out that youre not really serious with what you said. People these days arent intelligent enough to catch whether or not a guy is being serious when he says 'Yeah, and pigs will fly out of my butt!"
"Dude, thats impossible..."
"...." *shakes his head*
Using suggestive words such as 'liek' or 'ttly' or any other nerdy modification of normal english inside perfect english might do it. Dont forget to use faces. ;O

Hephaestus
January 19, 2006, 11:28 pm
I play Realistic Survival most of the time (with friendly fire) so If you have a newer player as a teammate their shots kill you. I like it better that way, but when mass tkers come in it becomes a problem. D: Worst was when we couldn't even votekick unless there was an admin around... but that's fix'd.