( search forums )
Black screen
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
La resistance
January 16, 2006, 7:58 pm
hey if you can help it would be great. When ever i go into soldat and when i go to play it there is a black screen i can hear music, gunfire, and the respawn sound but no graphic. i disabled my firewall and that did nothing. Any ideas? Also this just started to happen after i installed the patch from 3.0 to 3.1 before that everything was fine

If you need the specs of my computer tel me which ones you need. thx

b00stA
January 16, 2006, 9:40 pm
Official Soldat FAQ: http://www.soldat.pl/faq.html
quote:It's a hardware compatibility error:
- Make sure you have the latest DirectX drivers
- Try to run the game in window-mode
- Change the Windows desktop colors from 32-bit to 16-bit
- Try to change some Soldat Config settings (turn off Antialiasing, check 16-bit)
- Install the latest or different video drivers
- Try changing the windows desktop resolution and bit-rate
- Try turning down or up the graphics hardware acceleration (My Computer/Properties/Performance/Graphics)
- Try updating your motherboard drivers
- If you have Windows NT/2000 install the latest service pack

La resistance
January 16, 2006, 11:13 pm
now why would this problem occur now? Soldat worked before updated with the patch...

b00stA
January 17, 2006, 7:25 pm
La resistance, I don't know. Did you try these steps?

Deleted User
January 17, 2006, 9:20 pm
that crappy crap happend to me to.. resulting that i quit for a while. then a few months later, it worked again. it was the direct-x that screewed everything up.

La resistance
January 17, 2006, 9:28 pm
i tried some of them with no luck. after that i did try to install soldat 3.0 version without an uninstall and now it works. i will try to re-download the patch from a different area.

EDIT: For some reason now everything is fine with version 3.1 i dont know if it was a fluke or not**shrugs**