( search forums )
Throwing the Flag.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Antifate
January 16, 2006, 11:20 pm
Hey guys. Does/can anyone use the throw flag feature skillfully? I've been trying to gauge the distance at which it is thrown, but it's actually pretty random. I know if you're about to die you can chuck the flag and save it later. Like on b2b and voland. But what else can you do with it?

vash763
January 17, 2006, 12:49 am
Pull some tricky moves, like throw it at an enemy so it gets returned while you're standing on the flag spawn.

Deleted User
January 17, 2006, 12:57 am
The flag-throw, like many things in Soldat, is quite buggy. For some strange reason, if you are jetting upward for a while before you throw the flag, about 40% of the time the flag will be launched extremely far when you finally release. I once managed to get it two thirds of the way across the top of Ctf_Run with it.

Also, a good thing to attempt is to throw the flag and then shoot it away for greater distance, the spas works well for this.

Nub The Flying Noob
January 17, 2006, 3:12 am
quote:Originally posted by vash763Pull some tricky moves, like throw it at an enemy so it gets returned while you're standing on the flag spawn.

lol
What's the point in doing something like that if your gonna have the flag either way? xD

Swarmer
January 17, 2006, 4:26 am
A while ago, me and FlagGnome started practicing launching the flag with the spas. We could consistently launch the flag across 2/3rds of run of b2b instantaneously. It was going to be one of our tactics for our SAW clan in teammatches, but it never really took off with the start of 1.3.1, so we stopped practicing that.

Deleted User
January 17, 2006, 4:44 am
But dont you only use nades and saws in your clan..not spas?:P
Hahaha..and yeah the flag is pretty buggy.Like returning right away

Notkeiran
January 17, 2006, 7:06 am
Mmmm if you know your going to die due to spray, use the spray to your advantage. With the spray and your flag throw the flag and the spray hitting you, the flag should go pretty far allowing your players to try to get it since you probably died. Or like when you get the flag and you go like too far into their base and you are going to die, toss it straight to your enemy so it goes back to the respawn time which is much better that it being in back of the base (example in laos). I also sometimes use to distract my enemies. For example, let's say you are barely getting away from their base and someone appears in front of you. I sometimes toss it sorta below them which distracts them since they go straight for the flag. While he is going, I probably already reloaded and I kill him before him getting the flag. Well that's what I do at least.

Swarmer
January 17, 2006, 7:06 am
we dont use guns to kill people. We are peaceful. Except for the chopping people up part.

January 17, 2006, 8:16 am
Try throwing it to people under the bridges in b2b. That usually works.

Beasticly
January 17, 2006, 12:13 pm
It's good to throw it if you are on low health and there are Team mates around.

Eagles_Arrows
January 17, 2006, 6:22 pm
Unless you find a medikit and you are selfish :P

CrapBomba
January 17, 2006, 11:07 pm
Usually if I come back to my base with the flag, but my flag's not there, I'll throw it to the guy camping with a barret at my base and then go try to return the flag. Usually my luck runs out by then, but when it works, it works.

edak
January 19, 2006, 1:50 am
B2B through bridges works great and Kampf through mid section gets good distance for me

vash763
January 19, 2006, 3:58 am
quote:Originally posted by Nub The Flying Noobquote:Originally posted by vash763Pull some tricky moves, like throw it at an enemy so it gets returned while you're standing on the flag spawn.

lol
What's the point in doing something like that if your gonna have the flag either way? xD

It's called confusion.

Deleted User
January 19, 2006, 4:05 am
When you flag throw, usually it just flies everywhere.

Drink Bloody Water
January 21, 2006, 1:50 pm
I have to friends who are the master at flag throwing, They have practices where they trying to pass in the middle of a swarm of Boogie Men. AND they're good at it! They pwn humans too

Drink Bloody Water
January 21, 2006, 1:50 pm
I have to friends who are the master at flag throwing, They have practices where they trying to pass in the middle of a swarm of Boogie Men. AND they're good at it! They pwn humans too

Drink Bloody Water
January 21, 2006, 1:53 pm

Marbire
January 21, 2006, 5:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by vash763quote:Originally posted by Nub The Flying Noobquote:Originally posted by vash763Pull some tricky moves, like throw it at an enemy so it gets returned while you're standing on the flag spawn.

lol

It's called confusion.

But if you are standing on the flag spawn while you throw it... that makes no sense..... it'd just be a waste of time.

gonza
January 22, 2006, 5:58 am
I remeber throwing the falg at the wall and it got stuck in there...no one could get it....which meas no one can score :P

Deleted User
January 22, 2006, 6:24 am
1.) Only way id see throwing it at someone so itd be returned is if you're definetly going to die and someone is near the spawn to quickly grab it unphased. Doing it on the flag spawn....-_-;

2.) Flag throwing is only generally best used to pass the flag, as in being right ontop of them and passing it, guarenteeing it will make it. Thats how I throw it anywho.

Antifate
January 22, 2006, 11:31 pm
Hah, I found something useful! I was on the highest point of ctf_voland, and I threw it to the side, it got stuck on that pole above the red spawn. All the red members went up to try and get to. All 3 of them flew up into the spikes.

- Tek -
January 23, 2006, 2:09 am
I've often though i was going to die, so i'd throw the flag to give it more distance towards my base, but then The enemy would lose his priority and not kill me. I'd finish em off and take the flag.

Deleted User
January 23, 2006, 3:12 am
Your teammates must not care about the flag... =S

- Tek -
January 23, 2006, 8:18 am
people dont know how to play ctf.