( search forums )
Don't spawn until you chose a weapon
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
dragontamer
January 17, 2006, 1:11 am
Pretty simple idea. For those newbies who spend 5 seconds choosing a weapon instead of 4, so that they don't have to wait 8 seconds before they play.

Its a little annoying, not a major concern however.

Deleted User
January 18, 2006, 6:53 pm
When I read the topic title, I immediately understood this suggestion, but when I read the post, I couldn't work out what the heck you were trying to say. :|

Good idea. Also allows people to AFK for a while without respawning and providing free kills for their opponents.

Deleted User
January 18, 2006, 7:21 pm
great idea.. but I love selecting my weapon ultra fast at the beginning of a round, so I can chainsaw some ppl thats still choosing theirs ^^

CrazyKid980
January 18, 2006, 8:06 pm
Good idea, might solve all those spawn camper problems.

Leo
January 18, 2006, 8:14 pm
Great idea.

Keron Cyst
January 18, 2006, 8:14 pm
But then people could just watch their monitor and when an enemy appears close-by they could just select the M79 and blow him apart. It'd be abused.

Deleted User
January 18, 2006, 8:15 pm
I would really like this, Sometimes I take a moment to find what gun I should use for the current situation...and end up getting m79'ed just standing there...as usual...

EDIT: ...Yeah but that gun of extreme overused-ness has to reload after you spawn...

thelag
January 18, 2006, 9:56 pm
keron, you still have the 3-second countdown before you can shoot.

Raptor
January 18, 2006, 10:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystIt'd be abused.

That's exactly right! Soldatters tend to abuse every single little thing they can get their hands on. xD

Soulsnipa
January 18, 2006, 10:20 pm
this has been suggested before and keron point has been brought up before

a-4-year-old
January 18, 2006, 11:50 pm
lol, listen to the muppet.
HE SPEAKS THE TRUTH!

anyway, i have no idea why MM didnt implement it yet. its been suggested since the beginning of time.

Deleted User
January 19, 2006, 12:31 am
You guys know you can press tab to keep the weapon menu closed, right?

Eagles_Arrows
January 19, 2006, 1:16 am
And your point is...?

CrapBomba
January 19, 2006, 1:34 am
quote: But then people could just watch their monitor and when an enemy appears close-by they could just select the M79 and blow him apart. It'd be abused.No, because you have it cock/reload m79 before you use it when you spawn.

I support the idea.

Deleted User
January 19, 2006, 2:19 am
My point is only a noob would spawn before having their weapon chosen every time. And at the start of the game, there is no one to kill you, so who cares? And in the case you are talking about dying when you first join a pub, then 1 death probably won't set you TOO far back.

_Mancer_
January 19, 2006, 2:50 am
Delay time. a 5 second wait and then you immediatly spawn.

person
January 19, 2006, 3:19 am
Well it COULD be abused...but if there was a 5 sec delay time, which is more than enough, after which you automatically respawn regardless of whether you have chosen a weapon or not, it won't really affect how the game is played.

And it would be good if there is a "spawn camera" that which you are forced to look at at the time which you would normally spawn; and was unviewable while speccing as either a spec or dead player.

Elephant_Hunter
January 19, 2006, 8:47 am
I support this idea with one condition... the respawn clock resets if you haven't chosen a new weapon in the alloted respawn time. This would prevent abuse and keep the game play systematic.

Ken the Great
January 19, 2006, 6:05 pm
sounds good, but I think like when you die (in normal mode) you get into a menu-thing, where you can choose weapons and maybe see a larger image of the real weapon, as well as maybe a little info about the weapon.

Alamo
January 19, 2006, 6:12 pm
I'd rather like a custom invincibility time after spawn. I hate having some Barretard standing besides my spawn just waiting for me to 'materialize'.

John O
January 19, 2006, 7:16 pm
why help the noob? why create a new exploit? why not just press tab? or even better, pick a weapon! im against, as it serves no purpose.

Alamo
January 19, 2006, 7:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by John Owhy help the noob? why create a new exploit? why not just press tab? or even better, pick a weapon! im against, as it serves no purpose.

I too get shot on a respawn time of zero when choosing my secondary. So yes, I am for this (or even better: custom invincibility time or spawn on click)

Deleted User
January 19, 2006, 8:48 pm
why dont......they do something like they do in jedi outcast, you start with 120% health and it slowly goes down to 100% health?

Deleted User
January 19, 2006, 8:48 pm
There already IS invincibility on respawn.

Deleted User
January 19, 2006, 8:50 pm
well i havent played soldat forever so meh

nfsjunkie91
January 19, 2006, 10:03 pm
Listen, this idea is so that you don't have to spawn before picking a weapon. Some people actually THINK strategically about what weapon they should choose, but sometimes can't pick a weapon when an enemy runs in, or panic and choose the m79 or barrett. So, as with officer_bublock's idea, i support this 100%

Keron Cyst
January 21, 2006, 12:48 am
Fine, so what if M79 has a long loading time? People will take the Knife, then.

I say everything but the weapon menu should black out.

- Tek -
January 21, 2006, 3:45 am
i solve spawners with a knife. and i turn the wep menu off when i dont need it.

if i switch guns i do it during respawn.

Deleted User
January 21, 2006, 11:03 pm
I hate how people claim m79 requires skill. =(

Deleted User
January 21, 2006, 11:13 pm
I think its a good idea overall, but i'll feel like i'm being wached when i go into the enemy base in CTF :D

a-4-year-old
January 22, 2006, 12:49 am
well sometimes you spawn near instantly and BOOM *spawned*

needed.

lol, m79 and skill in the same post. LOL

edit: and you need to load the m79 before shooting it for the first time so yeah no problem there

numgun
January 22, 2006, 1:25 am
why the hell didnt anyone think of this before?

mike323
January 22, 2006, 7:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by JellyI hate how people claim m79 requires skill. =(

Agreed.

dragontamer
January 24, 2006, 3:18 am
What do you mean will be abused?

We all hate spawn killing; the one who is being spawned should be given the advantage.

As for an actual advantage from this... I don't see any.