( search forums )
DM JungleStrike
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Scrooge
January 17, 2006, 9:42 am
I was bored this afternoon so I messed around wth mapmaker and came up with this:) Its not great but I didnt see anything really bad with it. SO ENJOY!

[IMAGE]

>[URL]<

Soulsnipa
January 17, 2006, 10:11 am
SML has already made a map named junglestrike, would you mind changing the name?

Scrooge
January 17, 2006, 11:18 am
Oh, sorry yes Ill change the name.

DeMonIc
January 17, 2006, 12:32 pm
You need to practice shading and colouring, because this isn't very pleasent to see. Also, the scenery has very high contrast with the map colours, use darker shades if the map itself is dark too.

Raptor
January 18, 2006, 12:43 am
(straight to the point) It's ugly. Sceneries don't contrast with the bg and/or the texture and shading of the map.

1.5/10

Eagles_Arrows
January 18, 2006, 1:36 am
Soulsnipa can tutor you on how to make some awesome maps. He's tutored me, even though I didn't request any :/ and I'm doing good, from what I've heard from my reviewers :/

Yeah, ditto to the previous two posts. You have to take more time into your maps and make it look and feel perfect, at least for you.

Keron Cyst
January 18, 2006, 2:24 am
Ew. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but seriously, just look at that overview. The bright-red at the bottom doesn't match the rest of the map at all, and all the scenery is way too bright.

Color your sceneries and use transparencies. They are what make a map's graphics brilliant (aside from the texture, of course).

Soulsnipa
January 18, 2006, 2:50 am
The red background color is not the issue since he added red tint in the map. Its the fact that none of the maps width is uniform. The shading in the map also is not uniform=big nono

headstone
January 18, 2006, 2:57 am
You guys concentrate on the [CENSORED]ing looks to much. Loas's shading isn't uniform... so what, it's the best map anywhere.

Keron Cyst
January 18, 2006, 4:26 am
... erm, graphical appeal comes in front of gameplay IMO. If it doesn't look good I usually don't get it.
@SoulSnipa: sorry, I should've clarified - I meant it should at least just be more of an actual background and not stand out so much.

Soulsnipa
January 18, 2006, 5:50 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron Cyst... erm, graphical appeal comes in front of gameplay IMO. If it doesn't look good I usually don't get it.
@SoulSnipa: sorry, I should've clarified - I meant it should at least just be more of an actual background and not stand out so much.

indeed after a second look the red is just too bright and too high of contrast to the green.

And who says laos is the best map....? perhaps my own laosrmx is...but thats not up to me

CottonTheMoth
January 18, 2006, 8:03 pm
Maybe he was trying to make a watermelon. xD Work on finding good back ground colors that suit your maps better. No one likes a bright-red, eye-burning background..>__>

Scrooge
January 19, 2006, 3:30 am
Watermelon ai? not a bad idea...