( search forums )
scope to steyr aug?!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Dusty
January 17, 2006, 1:58 pm
think that steyr aug really have scope,so why not in soldat..i would be same as barret when chrouched(<-- not spelled right i think)

Deleted User
January 17, 2006, 6:56 pm
Well, there are different Augs and yes it can have a scope to it; most guns can. If we add a scope to the Aug it would unbalance it and probably make people randomly spray even more : /

Deleted User
January 17, 2006, 7:50 pm
Dusty, this might be added as a 'modification' in future servers. I guess I like it as an 'option'. But normal servers, never.

Michal
January 17, 2006, 8:39 pm
The basic military Aug does have a scope, so it would be realistic...
If implemented I think half or less the barrett's scope distance would be ok.
But I'm not sure, it might upset the balance.
I personally would like scope values in the WM so you could make this possible if you wanted.

KeFear
January 17, 2006, 9:03 pm
if you add scope to aug, add one to ruger. it has scope on it too...
but yes, better make it WM.

Deleted User
January 17, 2006, 9:24 pm
I think it really wouldn't be worth it, except in a WM, because of the actual range of the AUG.

Even though it'd be pretty nifty.

CrapBomba
January 17, 2006, 11:24 pm
It would be perfectly balanced, I think. Trying to shoot a target at two screens away, you'd be pretty hard pressed to hit him. Maybe if you've gotten the hang of it and he's not moving. So anyway, I thinks it would be balanced fine. The ruger should be ok too.

Deleted User
January 17, 2006, 11:29 pm
But not for realistic mode; ruger could just be the barret + faster reaload and shooting speed.

Echo_Trail
January 17, 2006, 11:40 pm
I like this idea. I don't think it would be too effective, it'd just make the game more fun. You should be able to zoom as mush as when your crouching with barret. No more, not even if you're proning.

Raptor
January 18, 2006, 12:52 am
I don't think it would be good to add a scope to the steyr aug, even though in real life it has one, in soldat this wouldn't be good.

But I suggest to add a scope to the Ruger77 which can have the range the barret has when you crouch.

vash763
January 18, 2006, 1:39 am
OMG ADD ONE TOO M&(

uhm, just add one to the Ruger

Deleted User
January 18, 2006, 1:45 am
I think the weaponsights are fine the way they are.

Echo_Trail
January 18, 2006, 2:16 am
you know, i think so to KC! I mean, it's not like there's been any complaints about it lately. And whatever you do, don't put a scope on the ruger!

Deleted User
January 18, 2006, 3:14 am
I wouldn't be suprised if we saw scope, and other weapon attributes made moddable come 1.3.2.

Deleted User
January 18, 2006, 4:25 am
quote:Originally posted by Dustythink that steyr aug really have scope

SOLDAT 3D....

Hell no.

lithium
January 18, 2006, 7:57 pm
God no. Please.

The steyr does not need a scope, and upon that adding one to it would make the weapon massively overused. Using the justification that it has a scope in real life can apply to almost all weapons in soldat. The AK-47 can have a scope. So can the Ruger, and the Minimi, and the MP5...

John O
January 18, 2006, 8:23 pm
sounds like a cool value to add for weapon mods.

Deleted User
January 18, 2006, 9:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by lithiumGod no. Please.

The steyr does not need a scope, and upon that adding one to it would make the weapon massively overused. Using the justification that it has a scope in real life can apply to almost all weapons in soldat. The AK-47 can have a scope. So can the Ruger, and the Minimi, and the MP5...

Basically my point. If the AUG would have a scope, why stop there? Hell, even the SOCOM can get a scope. And anyway, a scope would be almost next-to-pointless because of the actual range of the AUG ingame. In real life, sure, it'd probably be a good thing, but in Soldat: hell no.

zyxstand
January 19, 2006, 2:44 am
wtf would anyone wanna USE a scope on a steyr - that guns can't hit anything that's far accurately. barret on the other hand can. if you're really desperate to be able to see further with a gun ask for binoculars!

numgun
January 19, 2006, 10:56 am
but steyr is a long range mg! i think it would be good to have a scope on it.
it would become diffirent from the other mg with the scope.

CrazyKid980
January 19, 2006, 2:37 pm
You forgeting that the camera follows the bullet, If the camera was following every single bullet that the steyr shoots, it'll just make the accuracy EVEN worse. My opinion, NO. Just cause it's in real life, doesnt mean it's nessicary to have in the game.

numgun
January 22, 2006, 1:19 am
ouch, u got me there.

but what if the bullet cam is disabled?

bolhy
January 22, 2006, 6:40 am
Well it doesn't make sense to me for teh steyr to have a scope
as it's rate of fire is fast and teh scope wouldnt be really useful.
But with the scope range value that i agree with 100%

CrazyKid980
January 23, 2006, 3:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by numgun
but what if the bullet cam is disabled?

I dunno, even with the bullet cam disabled, you still won't see where you are, and with the steyr's bullet speed not straight, you'll start spraying. It would just make the accurracy worse.

I really think the autos don't need a scope in soldat, it just wouldn't work out.