( search forums )
network troubles
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Gortaak
January 18, 2006, 1:40 am
ok, if i host a game, the other computer on my network can join for about 2 seconds, then has connection problems, but if other people join they dont have any troubles, i have forwareded both the needed soldat ports on my routher for both computer and for both tcp and udp, but he cannont join still, i fixed it one time, but i dont remember what i did to fix it.
but before you tell me to forward my ports, keep in mind i have already done it for both computers, and ill give you the ports i forwarded

both are done for both computers, and both udp and tcp ( i have a both option on my router)

am i missing something at all?

Gortaak
January 23, 2006, 8:40 am
/bump still need help...

Deleted User
January 25, 2006, 2:34 pm
Humm, seems no one is answering..
My guess is that you're joining from the lobby using the ip from there, right? Instead of doing that try to manually type in the local ip of the host computer. Just a guess but try it anyways, otherwise I'm pretty clueless...

DePhille
January 26, 2006, 10:34 pm
This definitely looks like a firewall to me :/.
Try checking for firewalls from windows and other programs.
-What are you doing to connect to the game (What ÏP do you type , do you use the lobby , ...)
-Can someone over your internet stay connected to your server?

Grtz , DePhille

FliesLikeABrick
January 26, 2006, 11:59 pm
you only need to forward the ports for the server computer. doing it for any other computers will probably mess up the port forwarding badly. Try this and post again. If it still doesn't work, i'll post more

Gortaak
January 27, 2006, 7:34 am
ok thanks for the help im gonna try that, the firewalls are disabled i already tried that, but ill try only forwarding ports on one comp, but last time i had them forwarded for both of them, and yes i use the lobby, for the other comp to connect to, but i dont see that being a problem because it gives me the same... but wait a sec, i think i just figured it out and ill edit with the results,
i think last time i used a different IP, like 192.168.bla.bla to connect to, the ip addresses for each seperate computer, where as now im connecting to the ip that my router gives 68.64.bla.bla, i think that might be my problem, and yes other people can stay connected. im going to try this out in a little bit, and thanks for the help :)