( search forums )
(moved) Clan System....
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
January 18, 2006, 4:15 am
I was wondering if Soldat would accept the Clan System and make it part of the Lobby server for people to... I dunno, have to register a clan onto the lobby server and people would apply for clans and then certain people of the clan would "accept" people who apply to the clan...

Just thought it would be a neat little system... especially after the incident in ILOA where I, as tryout officer, failed a tryoutee, DAPOSTMAN (http://iloa.us/viewtopic.php?id=212), but he goes around on servers as "-ILOA-DAPOSTMAN"...

As for HOW he failed:

[IMAGE]

I'm not a really big fan of... Clan impersonation...

I've seen things like this happen before, even on a game called "Black Hawk Down" by NovaLogic, where someone pretended to be in a clan called "Sirs" (formerly 'Knights of the Shadowland')

Will any improvement be done to add a "GUILD SYSTEM", if necessary?

Oh... his IP is 205.188.***.*** :D anyone wanna ban? ;p

Snipped and moved by FliesLikeABrick

Deleted User
January 18, 2006, 4:40 am
Does this look like a Improvements/Suggestions forum to you? Posting peoples IP's is considered confidential information btw.

FliesLikeABrick
January 18, 2006, 4:47 am
poof, carry on

Deleted User
January 18, 2006, 5:36 am
oops didn't include the proof:

http://www.soldat-lra.net/status/?inc=player&name=-%5BILOA%5D-DAPOSTMAN

Ken the Great
January 19, 2006, 6:10 pm
the actual idea sounds good to me..

Alamo
January 19, 2006, 6:18 pm
The idea does sound good, sure (even if I ain't into clans and stuff) but who is supposed to manage and pay the server the information is stored on, it'd need some more resources which I'd rather spend on Lobby-purposes.

Drink Bloody Water
January 24, 2006, 12:07 pm
Yeah.. that would come in handy. Ive had alot of people sign under my name cause they suck. Maybe there could be individual sign in too?

zyxstand
January 24, 2006, 9:23 pm
it's a good idea but way too complicated especially if you have a feature called 'password' - that should clear your servers of them. as to ppl pretending to be of a clan in other servers, i dunno how effectively you can change that. the only thing i can think of is create a database with every player having a username and p/w and then have all existing clans register to it as well and associate each user to that clan and so forth... i'll be much like the registration method in gunz but that feature could prove to be useful in many different ways.

Keron Cyst
January 24, 2006, 9:28 pm
... or give the clan fake-proof setup ability only to registered players (more incentive) xD

Deleted User
January 24, 2006, 10:13 pm
I would like that because we seem to get many impersonaters on the r/s side of Soldat every once and a while.

a-4-year-old
January 25, 2006, 12:57 am
i like it. what like a clan can pick a color and the members get the colors

in the meantime, your clan could require a certain pants color so you could be able to tell who is who

Deleted User
January 25, 2006, 9:50 am
That would certainly make clanning a hella lot easier to manage. Age of Empires 3 has a new built in clan system, why not soldat? :D

Captain Ben
January 25, 2006, 2:52 pm
WHat if two clans have the same abbreviated tag?
I MEAN, somewhere worldwide, I'm sure atleast two clans have the same tag.

Eagles_Arrows
January 25, 2006, 5:52 pm
That's a great idea, Jelly. Sorta reminds me of GunBound's Squad system...

lithium
January 25, 2006, 7:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-old
in the meantime, your clan could require a certain pants color so you could be able to tell who is who

Some clans do that already.

I don't like this idea. As mentioned, it's more than likely that more than one clan uses the same tag.

a-4-year-old
January 25, 2006, 8:40 pm
AGE OF EMPIRES 3 CLAN SYSTEM SUCKS

oh and they run on a server, soldat does things differently

Deleted User
January 26, 2006, 3:57 am
quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldAGE OF EMPIRES 3 CLAN SYSTEM SUCKS

oh and they run on a server, soldat does things differently

Its better then nothing, atleast theres a way of having things organizing for you - besides, they plan on improving everything with a series of patches that will be coming out.