rainrider
January 19, 2006, 12:27 am
ESA [Extended Soldat Admin] v0.02b

Download here : http://rainrider.byethost5.com/download/esa0_02b.rar
Screen : http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/1575/esa1im.jpg

Attributes:
- multiple servers (mdi + tdi)
- player list colorizing
- console colorizing (possiblement of changing colors)
- uncount caps from kills count
- show average ping/kills/deaths/scores
- check that teams are fair in CTF, INF and HTF and possiblement of autobalance it
- handy recent server list with safe passwords encryption
- new commands: /kickall, /killall, /spectall and the same for ppl with ratio less than defined (/kicknoobs, /killnoobs, /spectnoobs & /shownoobs), additionally command /kicklaggers that is kicking players with ping bigger than defined & /laggerping for define remote lagger ping
- more info about server (Realistic/Advance/Survival does not work yet)
- auto team changing after map change
- possiblement of logging all to \server\logs- requester for admins (command !admin) by a funny sound file (+ possiblement of turn it off and on)
- repeating specified message every X seconds
- editable triggers, that let you do maaany things, for example: kick for wrong nick or cursing, greetings messages for specified players, text messages for commands like !ratio, commands binging for admins (ascii in few lines showing after one command is nice, eh?), autoadm yourself on connect and unadm on disconnect... there are many possiblements, limited to you creativity ;)
- TAB support [if there is a player with name 'Flying chicken' on server, and u'll type in command box 'fly' and then press TAB on your keyboard, program will automatically replace it with '/say Flying chicken: '. If command box is empty, it will just replace it with '/say '. If command box is not empty, but there's no players with typed part, program will replace it with '/say ' + XXX. This is a damn bit comfortable ;)
- Built in bug reporting form

Program code: rainrider
Graphic elemtns: Dowhook
Additional ideas: Sir_DeL, Dowhook i Czes!u_24

Hoodlum
January 19, 2006, 12:57 am
Screenshot's please?

FliesLikeABrick
January 19, 2006, 1:59 am
what was it coded in?

Leo
January 19, 2006, 6:59 am
wow! that looks nice. Downloading....

vash763
January 19, 2006, 7:03 am
Damn that looks nice,

rainrider
January 19, 2006, 7:33 am
Borland Cpp Builder, im 2 nub to make it in DevCpp

Leo
January 19, 2006, 8:11 am
How to change the font size ? Not at the buttons but there where it shows what's going on server.

Elephant_Hunter
January 19, 2006, 8:41 am
quote:Originally posted by rainriderBorland Cpp Builder, im 2 nub to make it in DevCpp

Something like this would be a pain to make in Dev-C++ unless you used a widget set (like QT or GTK+), but unfortunately for us programmers, folks don't like to install third-party software packages.

Nice looking app. Interesting "noob" concept you have going on there.

Deleted User
January 19, 2006, 11:24 am
Yeah uh, kicking players with over 300 ping wont work. The ping variable only goes to 255 then resets to 0 and counts back up...

rainrider
January 19, 2006, 1:46 pm
enesce : ping in REFRESH has only one byte, no way to fix it

Deleted User
January 19, 2006, 1:56 pm
Well, duh!

Dj-SAGI
January 19, 2006, 2:58 pm
Nice code man!
good tool

SERIAL KILLeR
January 19, 2006, 2:59 pm
Nice program!

FliesLikeABrick
January 19, 2006, 3:28 pm
rainrider, what are the chances of you taking the time to make the necessary changes for it to work on linux, and compiling a linux version?

rainrider
January 19, 2006, 3:52 pm
Err, none I think. I haven't even Linux :/ I'll post soon sources, so maybe some fanatic could translate it for linux..

[btw I'm learning Java so maybe something, something...]

FliesLikeABrick
January 19, 2006, 4:23 pm
I've been using linux significantly more than windows, and most of the times i get hacker reports etc are when i'm on my linux desktop, killing time. Currently i use the original soldat admin in wine, but I'd love to have something real.

I'll try it out in windows and give you my feedback nonetheless :P

Aquarius
January 19, 2006, 5:03 pm
Great job RR! :)

Sir_DeL
January 20, 2006, 12:21 am
Very useful tool. I?m using it all the time. Good job rr ;p

rainrider
January 21, 2006, 1:04 pm
Changelog said:
quote: 21.01.06: 0.02a
Fixed
- Fixed 'u suck' ascii in trigger oncommand.txt
- Fixed '$avSCORE' variable in trigger onplayerspeak.txt
- Server message interval
Added
- MDI (Multiple Document Interface) - it means ESA can now support few servers once a time
- 'Report bug' option
- Autobalance teams option (no TM support)
- Possiblement of change font and size of players and log box
- If teams are unbalanceable (for example, 3v4) teams will be interpreted as 'Permitted' not 'Unfair'
- Showing selected line in Lobby Requester
Modified
- Images and icon are now loading from files
- Whole application structure

Leo
January 21, 2006, 6:03 pm
I love the features but it's kinda hard to use. How about adding tabs to change between servers ? I am getting lost with all these windows :(

Sir_DeL
January 22, 2006, 1:45 am
hah rainrider
Above you got your first proof. With those windows program navigation from 100% decreased to 10% :]

EmDzej
January 22, 2006, 3:24 pm
Great tool, I was looking for something like that. Keep up the good work!

rainrider
January 22, 2006, 9:01 pm
Changelog said:
quote:21.01.06: 0.02b
Fixed
- Tab event if nothing was in
- Refresh message timer
Added
- TDI [Tabbed Document Interface] support
- Hotkeys - shift + f4 toggle show/hide left
main form side, shift + f5 toggle show/hide
logo image, f12 - switch view style

Leo
January 22, 2006, 9:20 pm
There is a bug, I have sent you e-mail through the program.
*Edit: Also I have a few questions. What are the meaning of the timers and what the numbers mean ? In arsse I see what the players say constantly and if I type a command I see the result in the console. I can't see that in your program. And I think the program crash my servers for some reason. I have no idea why, I run it for a few minutes and server crashes :(

rainrider
January 22, 2006, 11:06 pm
Refresh timer = players list
Timer = normal timer parsing whole informations

Bug with port connections fixed.
Commands and player texts are visible o_O

And I really don't know why ur server are crashing.. maybe too much players? :( I had esa turned on ~18h without breaks on 4v4 server and all was ok. CPU usage was 2-3%.

Leo
January 23, 2006, 6:19 am
And how is the time get "counted" ? For example, if I put there "1000", how much is that in seconds ?
*Edit: Alright, the tabs working fine now but have a look at this:

[IMAGE]

Deleted User
January 23, 2006, 7:41 am
1000 / 60 = 16.66 minutes =2-3% CPU? Christ, memory wh0re ahoy!

rainrider
January 23, 2006, 7:59 am
Nah! 1000 miliseconds [one second]. Damn.. I know where Access Violation could be [in releasing not initialized temporary objects] but there are few places where I'm doing the same action. I must reanalize 2.9k lines. :/

Leo
January 23, 2006, 1:29 pm
There was the error, I closed the program and the 2 servers I was connected both crashed! How about adding a "Disconnect" buttton ?

rainrider
January 23, 2006, 2:27 pm
Damn , I'll just release sources and someone will be improving it.. this job is really too fatiguing for me. Sorry Leo : /
http://rainrider.byethost5.com/download/esasources.rar

OutofOrder
January 28, 2006, 2:39 am
still, you've achieved a lot with what you've done so far. gotta be proud of the job :)

esko
January 28, 2006, 5:15 pm
Thanks for this mighty tool.
Dont give up on it just yet. minor bugfixing and checking and we have a headshot admin tool here:)
tryin'n'enjoyin

Leo
January 28, 2006, 6:39 pm
Yeah rainrider, don't give up on this :)

GAMEOVER
January 31, 2006, 5:09 am
VERY nice man, mad props for working on this when knowing youll be having to up against KeFears ARSSE