( search forums )
htf_Swamp
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Scrooge
January 19, 2006, 3:35 am
This is my first htf level I tried to make it look a bit like a swamp hense the name. (It's not waypointed) but any volunteers would be a big help as online play doesnt work on my computer:( Please give me some feedback and try not to critisize my bg for once! enjoy!

Ovierview
[IMAGE]

In games
[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Download
[URL]

The Geologist
January 19, 2006, 5:02 am
Good shot at an htf man, your skills are coming along. Here are a few tips to help with the next release:

* Shading - the colors of your shading is very obvious and not entirely correct..brown centers fading out into green for all the polys. Think of how the polys look in the light, how the color would progress from lightest at the top, to something darker in the middle, with the darkest areast being on the bottom or unlit areas, away from light sources.

* Layout - Get a little more compley with your poly layouts...the more polys you use, the more you have to work with. You can shift polys on top of one another to create sharper contrasts, instead of bleeding in and out of brown and green like in the roof. Also, look at some of the official maps..not all have smooth, gradual hills..many have jagged edges or portions where polys stick out, all of whick effects how the soldat will move over the map. Smooth tunnels can get really boring.

* Size - Even I have trouble keeping some maps focused and good for gameplay, but leaving too much open space in a map can kill it. From the overview it looks like there may be a little too much open space in the upper right portion of the map.

Hope these help..a good playable map. Looking forward to seeing more from you. Keep it up. :D