( search forums )
Warhammer 40k (Imperial Guard Weaponry)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
Deadeye Rob
January 19, 2006, 11:39 am
WARHAMMER 40K-COMPLETE IMPERIAL GUARD WEAPON MODS

Ladies and Gentlemen, i am sure that many of you have noticed a weapon mod including various warhammer weapons from both imperial guard and eldar races.

However allthough i find this mod very impressive, i did not enjoy the eldar weaponry. Therefore i have come to announce the development stage of my own series of weapons exclusive to the Imperial Guard race.

Before i publish my work, i would like to ask the creator of the original mod, if i may use some of his/her work as a guideline.
I would like to include the AUG, Shotgun, AK47 as similar to the original as possible, as i belive that it does not need improving!

EmperorofChoas
January 26, 2006, 9:24 pm
of coruse you can use it as long as you give him Credit for it

Edit...Also would you consider doin Space marine weapons??
i've tried but no luck...i'm not good at makin weapons

Deadeye Rob
January 30, 2006, 7:59 pm
I have been thinking about Space Marine weaponry. As i am a fan of the 'Dawn of War' series and the 'Fire Warrior' games i have been given an idea of the basic function of the bolt gun.

However in Dawn of War the bolt gun appears to be more of a sub-machine gun, whereas in Firewarrior, the bolt gun is more of a cannon! so i could design it to replace either AK-47/AUG or M79/Barret

EmperorofChoas
January 30, 2006, 9:03 pm
well i have started on a space marine mod already and it goin good except for the power pack that should go on the marines back(gostek)...the weapons are comin along with the help of bladerunner...i'll be lookin forward to your mod aswell....and i would like to see your version of the bolt gun ... (i'm a big warhammer 40k fan myself)

Deadeye Rob
February 3, 2006, 9:14 am
Thankyou! however ihavent even finished my Imperial Guard Weaponmod yet!

comrade8ken
February 3, 2006, 10:31 pm
Just make a space marine army and gosteks get the sound files from dawn of war and just get a really good drawer for the firearms

EmperorofChoas
February 3, 2006, 10:51 pm
you make that sound soo easy comrade...extractin sounds from games isn't as easy as you think....And Deadeye Rob will you be makin Imperial Guard Gosteks tooo...cuz if soo i would like to use them if you don't mind..i've tried it but for some reason it looks stupid..but yea i currently workin on most of the weapons for Space Marines & their gosteks tooo & for Bravo Team's gosteks........(muuhahahahah)...can't tell you yet its a secert..and i do need so sounds from dawn of war...but haven't found the program to extract the sounds yet......

Deadeye Rob
February 4, 2006, 11:00 pm
I got the sounds from Dawn Of War, however they arent 'beefy' enough. The weapons dont have any impressive feel to it cos the sounds are too weak.

The sounds from 'Warhammer 40k: Firewarrior' sound more suitable. however it is rather hard to obtain those sounds as i have the ps2 version of the game! :p

About the Imperial Guard Gosteks, i have decided not to make one because the default gostek looks suitable enough, sorry people! however the spacemarine Gostek would be a challenge and a half! So if i get round to producing a Space Marine set, yes i will be making a Gostek for it.

EmperorofChoas
February 5, 2006, 3:22 am
cool if you have the sounds from Dawn of war can you send them to me eventho they anit "Beefy" i don't take i can edit it so it sounds better.....

Deadeye Rob
February 5, 2006, 4:33 pm
I would, if i can remember how to construct a download link! lol any1 care to refresh my memory?

EmperorofChoas
February 6, 2006, 1:13 pm
yea if you know how to put it in zip...rar...etc.etc all you have to do is get a file host...then upload..then you ready to go.......i'll edit later to give you a good site for it cuz i can't remember now....

Deadeye Rob
February 6, 2006, 5:48 pm
Gentlemen, i have come to announce the completion of my project. I have finished the Warhammer 40k (Imperial Guard) mod. You will find the download link in the 'Nearly 1337 mods' however, providing on the feedback i recive i might publish it onto the 'totaly 1337 mods' section.

Thankyou for your patience, input and interest. Hope you enjoy it!

GAMEOVER
February 6, 2006, 9:07 pm
Everyone has their own tastes but imo if you have this set of guns next to another few sets of guns that are nothing alike that will look so ghetto.

comrade8ken
February 10, 2006, 8:42 am
Im not here to make the games im just here to kill the people that play them NOW CREATE THAT MOD DAMN IT

Deadeye Rob
February 13, 2006, 10:02 am
errrr i made it about 2 weeks ago! look on my above post

Brillmongo
February 27, 2006, 8:53 pm
 Quote:in Dawn of War the bolt gun appears to be more of a sub-machine gun, whereas in Firewarrior, the bolt gun is more of a cannon! so i could design it to replace either AK-47/AUG or M79/Barret

The boltgun is a fully automatic weapon that fires high-explosive shells (or "bolts"), so the correct definition would be a rapid firing cannon.

But really, all this stuff about making WH40k weapon mods for soldat is actually ridiculous, in 40k everything is balanced by individual units points cost, not by how fast they reload/fire/aim.

EmperorofChoas
February 27, 2006, 9:52 pm
soooo.........i play w40k...

...but!!!!.......... this is "soldat" all we want is the guns and the gostek if possible...

...and if you read the Rulebook it TELLS you the stats of each gun like the bolter 20-30 Rapid fire shots....so it just makes it easier for us to make mods for w40k.....

Brillmongo
February 28, 2006, 5:14 pm
True, but it leaves little room for balancing.

Meevious
March 27, 2006, 11:14 am
(bleep) Space marines, make an orky mod!

EmperorofChoas
March 27, 2006, 1:20 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Meevious(bleep) Space marines, make an orky mod!
yea i've though of makin an orky mod just the gosteks tho i'm not that good at weapons

Meevious
March 28, 2006, 11:05 am
That'd be cool, even in normal soldat, it would be good to look like a hulking great warboss.

EmperorofChoas
March 28, 2006, 9:17 pm
but yea when i'm done with the orks i might release it with my Space Marine Gostek

Deadeye Rob
April 7, 2006, 12:40 pm
Dont worry! lol as u can see on mylater posts i will be making an orky mod soon. its the final 1 in my series!

Meevious
April 10, 2006, 2:06 pm
"ghasp!"