( search forums )
ctf_vig_awesome By ViGGoLoNiGGoLo
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
viggoloniggolo
January 19, 2006, 10:21 pm
ctf__vig_awesome
by ViGGoLoNiGGoLo
Description: I thought this map is good at the first place, but it turned out better than I expected. judge it yourself and I warn you about the size of the map, its not very big 8-/. For additional information click here.

Overview:
[IMAGE]
http://sml.u13.net/maps/overview/ctf_vig_awesome.PNG.png

Download: Click Here

Make sure to rate my map: Click Here.

Any further comments? Click Here.

Map post automated by SML
--Please visit SML for more maps/resources/tutorials: http://sml.u13.net

[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

Soulsnipa
January 19, 2006, 11:45 pm
i told u if u use polyworks ur maps will look awesome. Best map release since the japan map lol

FliesLikeABrick
January 20, 2006, 12:25 am
this map looks really good, i'm gonna try it out next time i get a chance. If it plays well, perhaps I'll try it out on one of my new public servers this weekend and see what the world has to say about it. It looks like it has very good gameplay

Eagles_Arrows
January 20, 2006, 1:16 am
Wow this map is cool...

g-force9
January 20, 2006, 1:28 am
Nice, it is the best ctf map I have ever seen.

nfsjunkie91
January 20, 2006, 3:58 am
That looks prett good vig, i'm glad that you turned out to be a really good mapper. :D

Raptor
January 20, 2006, 4:02 am
Man, you have been lately making great maps and I have to admit that I enjoy playing in them =)

Keep it up!

Deleted User
January 20, 2006, 4:28 am
Great work vig, polyworks is a blessing isnt it :P. The shading in the two large land mass' are very nice.

viggoloniggolo
January 20, 2006, 4:53 am
8-) thank you, thank you.
I used polyworks only to make invisibility 8-))))
I guess im too much a mapmaker1.2 person

Leo
January 20, 2006, 6:43 am
I have added this at my R/S CTF server.

Cookie.
January 20, 2006, 6:47 am
Welcome back to the forums :D This map is really good Viggo, it looks like it could be very fast paced along the main routes, which isn't a bad thing since you have slower\safer escape routes for escaping.. The shading is really good as is for most of your maps I find... Anyways great map :D I will try it out and post more comments when i get time

viggoloniggolo
January 20, 2006, 7:56 am
thanks everyone, I have an even bigger project up my sleeve 8-}, its gonna be a bomb!
Expecting comments from the moderators 8-)

DeMonIc
January 20, 2006, 8:55 am
The map looks really good, I'll give you that. However, it looks to me that 2 maps would come out from that layout: it seems really complex this way, I doubt people would use the lower parts of the map at all, because they wouldn't be relied on it. Otherwise this is indeed the best map I've seen from you yet.

viggoloniggolo
January 20, 2006, 8:58 am
btw, can anyone waypoint it normally, i did half of the blue team waypointing, but the bots keep running into walls after they get the red flag... someone...

Deleted User
January 20, 2006, 9:12 am
You could turn the bottem bit into a dungeoun of sorts, have the spear head looking land mass in the middle stick up a little more so that players get blocked and fall down, so they have to use the bottem path :P.

viggoloniggolo
January 20, 2006, 9:44 am
good idea taal 8+), u make waypoints?

lithium
January 20, 2006, 5:52 pm
I like it, except I really hate the brown background in the tunnels. Otherwise it looks and plays very well.

Rock on.

viggoloniggolo
January 20, 2006, 5:55 pm
lithium, try the ctf_vig_agility then

Eagles_Arrows
January 22, 2006, 3:55 am
I'll waypoint this map from scratch. But in the meantime I need to go sleep.

viggoloniggolo
January 22, 2006, 1:49 pm
I made waypoints for blue there, a little, but if you think youre gonna waypoint from scratch then ok...

Pulp
January 22, 2006, 2:23 pm
Looks great, but too big for a 3vs3. The 'bottomside' ( with the dark backgroundcolour ) is rather unnecessary in my opinion ( or you would like to cultivate mushrooms in there). The 'upperside' is good though, not that much open space for spraying and a big variety in escape-routes.

FliesLikeABrick
January 22, 2006, 7:22 pm
this map has very unique gameplay... unfortunately it doesn't really go over well in public servers. I didn't mind it, it requires a unique tactical feel to the game, you don't just run around shooting random people. unfortunately, people aren't used to close-quarters maps.

Maybe i'll try it again in a server that might be designed for close-quarters play, but in a normal public it doesnt work well

Eagles_Arrows
January 24, 2006, 2:50 am
Waypointed. Temporary link:

http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd6/141551/ctf_vig_awesome.PMS

Sorry guys. I tried waypointing this thing completely, but it turns out that the bots can't recognize deadly polys for crap. :-/

BTW, vig, while I was playtesting this thing, I noticed that you can go through those two walls next to the stationary guns. Just keep jumping against the wall while someone fires you with the S gun and you'll see.