( search forums )
Steam problem
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
UGK
January 20, 2006, 12:38 am
So I was trying to buy Half Life via Steam. I was using My mom's Debit card and Then I go, "hey did you activate it yet?" and She goes "no". So we tried it and It said That it Declined it. She activated It on the phone the we tried it again. It didnt work. Finally I tried One more time then I gave up. I read the emails and It said The bank had Declined it or something. On the Email it says quote:Recently, you submitted a purchase-request for Half-Life 1 through
Steam.
We were not able to process this transaction because the information
you provided has been denied by your credit card company.

Please confirm that the information you provided is correct.

Then some Blablabla quote:If the above information is correct but you believe the card denial to
be in error, please contact your credit card company. Their
customer-service telephone number is usually printed on the back of the card.

If the above information contains an error, please submit the corrected
information by initiating a new purchase request within Steam.

For additional help or product support, please visit
http://steampowered.com or email us at billing@steampowered.com

We are doing everything we can to protect our customers from credit
card fraud and will prosecute fraud to the fullest extent of the law.

Signed,

Valve and the Steam Support Team Has anyone Bought something Via steam and Had This problem? Can you help me?

karmazon
January 20, 2006, 12:51 am
no, cause steam suxxx and don't buy half life

Aegis
January 20, 2006, 1:28 am
I've had this problem while using a business card. What happened is that the information you submitted doesn't match the card somewhere, possibly an address or zip or something. I actually confirmed it and could never fix it, so just ended up using a different card.. in fact it's really not worth the hassle, you might as well use a diff card =P

Rambo_6
January 20, 2006, 2:14 am
Half life 2 is all you need. Screw half-life and its old-fashioned graphics.

And it doesn't take Albert Dankenstein to know that Valve screws things up frequently.

FliesLikeABrick
January 20, 2006, 2:27 am
UGK, would you like this thread moved to the lounge so that you can get some real help, and avoid useless spam? (Thanks Aegis for trying to contribute)

I agree with Aegis on the potential cause btw

UGK
January 20, 2006, 2:33 am
Yes Please...FLAB...Aegis Im gonna try to use my dad's card and see how that works out.

EDIT: It worked with My dads card so Now The problem is over

Done & Lock

peemonkey
January 20, 2006, 4:06 am
I'd advise against buying through steam, valve tends to muss things up alot, it'd be best to go to a store a buy it for a much much lower price. I saw a copy while looking for a notebook for my hunny for only $4.00 USD. however much steam wants is too much, i say cancel it with the credit card company then take a fiver or two and pick up a copy :P

FliesLikeABrick
January 20, 2006, 4:10 am
i highly doubt you saw a copy for $4.00 or so... if you did, it was probably a copy that comes without a CD key, requiring you to license the game online for the normal price anyway.

peemonkey
January 20, 2006, 4:16 am
it's was at "The PC Store" on Santa Rosa Ave.

UGK
January 20, 2006, 4:23 am
TOO LATE I already bought it...

Aegis
January 20, 2006, 4:37 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkeyI'd advise against buying through steam, valve tends to muss things up alot, it'd be best to go to a store a buy it for a much much lower price. I saw a copy while looking for a notebook for my hunny for only $4.00 USD. however much steam wants is too much, i say cancel it with the credit card company then take a fiver or two and pick up a copy :P

Actually, its my experience that buying through steam gets you the best deals. When HL2 came out in stores it was $60 for just that game. I bought a HL2 Silver pack from Steam for the same price and got an extra 13 games to go with it, including the entire HL 1 catelog, Lost Coast, and DOD:Source.
Strangely enough, I've never had any significant problems with steam or valve, ever. Their customer service has been very helpful as well.

FliesLikeABrick
January 20, 2006, 4:41 am
peemonkey, now go and read the rest of what i said

peemonkey
January 20, 2006, 5:13 am
I did. i'd check it out, but i dont want hl2 and i need the money :P grr

Captain Ben
January 20, 2006, 1:43 pm
Eh ke. I love not knowing what you people are talking about...

~AcE~
January 21, 2006, 1:45 am
A question: UGK, why Do you Capitalize random stuff In your Posts? Are You from some Different country, Or something? Some non-English Country?

Deleted User
January 21, 2006, 1:54 am
And, ~Ace~ are you a [CENSORED]ing retard......its called punctuation...if ur talking about the capital letters like DOD....thats short for Day of Defeat....and if your talking about "TOO LATE"...its called showing emotion.......oh my god.......

frogboy
January 21, 2006, 1:54 am
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABricki highly doubt you saw a copy for $4.00 or so...
I bought my copy of HL1 about two years ago for AU$15 so it's possible.

vash763
January 21, 2006, 1:57 am
Seth, he did capitolize a few random words.

Aegis
January 21, 2006, 3:44 am
Way to turn it into a retarded flame-fest. Stick to the topic, please.. -.-

UGK
January 21, 2006, 11:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by ~AcE~A question: UGK, why Do you Capitalize random stuff In your Posts? Are You from some Different country, Or something? Some non-English Country?

No, I just press the shift key sometimes for no reason...

Rambo_6
January 21, 2006, 11:57 pm
OH MY GOD HE SOMETIMES CAPITALIZES A FEW WORDS, HE MUST BE A FOREIGNER!

a-4-year-old
January 22, 2006, 1:03 am
Oh mY GoSh WaHt ArE We GOiNg To Do? TeH sHifT KeY is BrOkEd

lol im american damnit!

UGK
January 22, 2006, 1:08 am
Yeah Thanks to you all, except FLAB and Aegis,for turning My simple Question Post Into a spamming thread...Hey Flab I thought you were going to move this into the Lounge...

frogboy
January 22, 2006, 4:00 am
Why? You solved the problem, there's no need to move it to the Lounge.

UGK
January 22, 2006, 7:26 am
I KNOW! JUST....Nevermind...just lock it please...Now...