( search forums )
htf_Industrial
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
The Geologist
January 20, 2006, 5:09 am
This map has been sitting in my maps folder, nearly finished, for many weeks now. I should have release this map much sooner, and for tha I apologize. The concept behind this map is credited to Norris Scott, and I took a little artistic liberty with it. Here's the skinny:

* Supports htf, rambo, and DM style play
* Good for 4 - 8 players
* Not waypointed, but Keron will jump on it faster than a hummingbirds wings shall flap.
* My thanks to whomever made the texture (Metal4)
* Thanks to SERIAL KILLeR for his Light Scenery pack 1.1

Overview

Download

Soulsnipa
January 20, 2006, 5:31 am
you should work on multitexture or something...some of the platforms especially the ones towards the top just looks weird otherwise its not too bad. Id rather see low jetpack and no bottom to the map so theres a chance u can die if ur not careful.

Edit: I meant stretching/ texture settings, idono why I said multitexturing. Im talking about the middle pieces toward the top...either stretch the texture or perhaps shade it better?

The Geologist
January 20, 2006, 5:40 am
I know how to multitexture, I simply chose not to on this map. The platforms look is probably a result of the texture, which was preferred by Norris. The jet was just enough to ensure everyone can get to the objective spawn from the lower parts of the map. Layout was based off of his idea, but I have to disagree with the no bottom thing. Not good for htf and circular play imo.

Keron Cyst
January 20, 2006, 6:08 am
*clicks on Download without even clicking Overview and starts waypointing*

SakAttak
January 20, 2006, 8:18 am
Based on the overview it looks like a pretty solid map. I really like the visual style.

Deleted User
January 20, 2006, 9:19 am
My favourite Texture :P
also the hardest texture ive found to use.
I like the genearl layout, makes it look like a vampires face :P

Eagles_Arrows
January 20, 2006, 11:02 am
My favourite theme!
/download

Avarax
January 20, 2006, 12:16 pm
can we use the texture geo?

otherwise nice map, very suited for htf

TeRRoRinFANt
January 20, 2006, 12:21 pm
The texture's been already used on some other maps... And under a different name. IIRC, Rambo_6 used it on a map called Space Station (DM). Or was it someone else? Nevermind, the point is, the texture's been used. Hell, I used it on ctf_krayt, to do the sandcrawler hull.

John O
January 20, 2006, 6:25 pm
cool texture, nice layout. id suggest just making those foreground supports a shade darker, as they seem to contrast the rest of the gritty feel of the map. but what the hell do i know?

The Geologist
January 20, 2006, 10:07 pm
That's a very valid criticism...I just happened to like the contrast, so I kept them as is. Noted though. Thanks for the responces. Any credit on layout goes to Norris.

Raptor
January 20, 2006, 10:09 pm
This map is pretty good! But I saw one that's exactly similar to this one... I don't remember it's name.

The Geologist
January 20, 2006, 10:25 pm
Maybe you saw Souls version? It's the same map and layout, the concept was created by Norris Scott and illustrated in a previous topic.

Norris Scott
January 21, 2006, 8:24 am
^_^ thanks Geo, was wondering if it'd ever get made. Love the result

I've got another map concept coming out for those players who enjoy Zombie maps... specifically designed as one :D

Hopefully more mappers will come to me for ideas soon, I love doing the design for maps and seeing how they interpret it ^_^

gonza
January 22, 2006, 10:19 am
WOW I LOVE IT :D *downloads*

Pulp
January 22, 2006, 1:27 pm
Finally, a decent ( treeless !) somewhat vertical-gameplay map. If now some funky serveradmin could add this to his serverlist...

Deleted User
January 22, 2006, 4:37 pm
thats a vewy nice map :)
i like the... the... everything!