( search forums )
Avarax's Multi Textures
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
Avarax
January 20, 2006, 1:50 pm
Just right click save em! Edges are not included.

Multi Textures:
[IMAGE]

Usual Textures that i created for Multitextures
[IMAGE]

The Geologist
January 20, 2006, 5:17 pm
Ohhh..awesome! THis will be a huge help, since I don't have photoshop and can't blend my textures the way I want to. Isn't one of those Annas texture though?

Avarax
January 20, 2006, 6:10 pm
no, all by me

Anna
January 20, 2006, 6:31 pm
The only one that actually works is m_lava, the rest don't tile properly so they can't really be considered multiple textures :/ Also textures that have dimensions that are not powers of 2 will end up looking stretched in-game. Also the lower part of m_ananaspistacja is offset by one pixel to the right.

OutofOrder
January 20, 2006, 6:33 pm
the one to the right looks way too pro... or at least i think so (i haven't used multi textures in a map yet).
well, in a second thought, that texture might make things easier :0

_Mancer_
January 20, 2006, 8:43 pm
I still dont understand how to do multitexturing.. despite the countless tutorials -_-

Soulsnipa
January 20, 2006, 10:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by AnnaThe only one that actually works is m_lava, the rest don't tile properly so they can't really be considered multiple textures :/ Also textures that have dimensions that are not powers of 2 will end up looking stretched in-game. Also the lower part of m_ananaspistacja is offset by one pixel to the right.

I somewhat agreed with anna first, and was going to reply like this but then I just figured out. You can use them all as one texture so its technically not multitextured, but then again you can crop the upper parts..or the lower parts without the transition to make it a multitexture. You can also crop the transition to be able to place it wherever you want.

Soulsnipa
January 20, 2006, 10:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_I still dont understand how to do multitexturing.. despite the countless tutorials -_-

Did you have a chance to read my tutorial. If you dont get this then I dont think you will ever get it. I made it pretty simple, in fact I didnt even know how to for a long time it looks way too hard.

http://sml.u13.net/tutorial/?p=polygons&b=multi&page=1

pm me and i can try to help you if you dont understand this.

Anna
January 20, 2006, 11:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by Soulsnipaquote:Originally posted by AnnaThe only one that actually works is m_lava, the rest don't tile properly so they can't really be considered multiple textures :/ Also textures that have dimensions that are not powers of 2 will end up looking stretched in-game. Also the lower part of m_ananaspistacja is offset by one pixel to the right.

I somewhat agreed with anna first, and was going to reply like this but then I just figured out. You can use them all as one texture so its technically not multitextured, but then again you can crop the upper parts..or the lower parts without the transition to make it a multitexture. You can also crop the transition to be able to place it wherever you want.

You can crop them but they won't tile.
They do look good though Avarax, I like how you used varying types of transitions in addition to the smooth, uniform kind.

Avarax
January 22, 2006, 11:32 am
well, you're right anna, i didn't spend much time on those and didnt even test em :(

anyways, i hope some ppl can still make use of them.