( search forums )
DM Wamble 1.6
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Flying_Dutchman
January 20, 2006, 2:12 pm
I wanted to make a very standard map for a change, and this is the result. It's a bit of a mix between Loas and Jungle suitable for 10 players, at least that's the limit we tested it on.
I hope you like it, have fun!

Changes made in 1.6
- Background's made lighter to give more contrast
- Different, more intense shading
- Waypointed, thanks to Eagles Arrows
- Fixed some scenery and poly bugs

Overview
In-game screenshot
Scenery
Map

viggoloniggolo
January 20, 2006, 3:01 pm
use more darken/lighten effects and the background looks too alike like the texture (awokado 8-\ )
nice try anyway, nothing new 2 me
rating overall: 4.999/10

OutofOrder
January 20, 2006, 5:09 pm
What does awokado mean?

Small map and basic layout, classic recipe for good gameplay :) If you concentrated more on the looks (shading, maybe adding some scenery of your own), you'd get a more than meritorious map.
I downloaded it anyway. ;D

Flying_Dutchman
January 20, 2006, 5:20 pm
Hehe thanks. Yea it's a real standard map, I didn't put to much effort in it cause I just wanted to create a simple map for fun. I guess I could update the looks a bit sometime.
Awokado is the texture btw. ;)

viggoloniggolo
January 20, 2006, 5:22 pm
dutchman, use that texture that is on my (NEW)ctf_vig_agility map, its called wisnia, very effective

Soulsnipa
January 20, 2006, 9:48 pm
well this is one case where a map really doesnt need shading, I kind of like it without shading however to give it another look try giving more contrast.

Raptor
January 20, 2006, 10:10 pm
The layout of it it's pretty cool, but the shading you applied to it doesn't fit the map.

nj!

Flying_Dutchman
January 21, 2006, 5:49 pm
Thanks. Yea, I also thought this map didn't need to much shading. I'm gonna edit it though so it fits the map a bit better.

Eagles_Arrows
January 21, 2006, 6:08 pm
Looks wonderful. Gives us a true Soldat feel!

Waypointing, if you don't mind.

Waypointed! That was fast... here is a temporary download link. Dutchman will provide you with a permanent one, I hope.

Waypointed version:

-http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd6/141551/Wamble.PMS

Flying_Dutchman
January 21, 2006, 9:13 pm
Thanks very much Eagles! I surely will provide a permanent link.

Edit: If the link works that is ;) Not sure if it's offline for a few minutes but it says he can't find the file or page.

Eagles_Arrows
January 21, 2006, 9:57 pm
If the link I just gave you via PM doesn't work, then I will e-mail it to you. PM me your e-mail and i'll send the map to you =)

Major Alwex
January 21, 2006, 9:57 pm
Yea this is a really nice map, its great fun. Its not a ground breaking map, but as dutchie said already its just for simple fun. Guess he was just bored ;) And this is really in the old fashion soldat style, dont really want thsoe 3d looking maps u know, sure a little depth is nice, but not to much. Old fashion looking, Keep up the good work mate.

Flying_Dutchman
January 21, 2006, 10:10 pm
The link you PMed me is working Eagles ;)
Thanks Alwex, those are exactly the maps I like too. Some depth is alright of course but I've seen some really 3d-looking maps, I just don't like those.

OutofOrder
January 21, 2006, 10:56 pm
Oh i was missing a file in the first release: caveback.bmp
If you haven't included it in the waypointed version, please do so. I'll re-download after i see your answer.

Eagles_Arrows
January 21, 2006, 11:37 pm
I, too, am missing that scenery.

Flying_Dutchman
January 22, 2006, 10:59 am
Updated the map and included a scenery zip file with all the scenery I used, so also some original scenery, just to be sure.

Deleted User
January 22, 2006, 1:56 pm
it looks like one of my old maps.. if you look at the bottom right tunnel.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/1517/overview3vl.jpg

Eagles_Arrows
January 22, 2006, 3:12 pm
The new link doesn't work, Dutchman =/

Flying_Dutchman
January 22, 2006, 4:30 pm
Hmm, I see. Trying to fix it now.
Fixed, I uploaded the image instead of the map.. hehe.. he...

Eagles_Arrows
January 22, 2006, 4:34 pm
Still nothing :(

Flying_Dutchman
January 22, 2006, 5:11 pm
:S It should work now. The link is working for me.

Deleted User
January 22, 2006, 5:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by HHHit looks like one of my old maps.. if you look at the bottom right tunnel.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/1517/overview3vl.jpg

a look?..

and the link works.

Flying_Dutchman
January 22, 2006, 5:35 pm
Hehe, sorry for ignoring you HHH :P but yea the tunnels look similar. Nice map btw, where can I download it?